Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boronia Radio Control Car Club (BRCCC) thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wonder if the track they used last night will be the template for the Vics. Very technical, barely any straights.

That means some of you (I'm looking at you Mini racers) will have to learn to overtake in corners without using the car infront of you as a brake
Old 04-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Maybe, just maybe. It was a very good track which really brought the men from the boys!! Hahahaha, I would say that considering I won every race, but only just.

It's such a shame that the F1s aren't at the Vics. What a piece of ***T. I just can't believe that a class that has interest and is growing almost all the time, can't get a go at state level, but when the TCS nationals are on, the attracted about 25-30 entries. The GT1 and Stock classes only had like 10 or more cars. It's something the VORTEC guys should think about when deciding whether F1 should be a VORTEC class or not. In my eyes, they are living in the past!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Maybe, just maybe. It was a very good track which really brought the men from the boys!! Hahahaha, I would say that considering I won every race, but only just.

It's such a shame that the F1s aren't at the Vics. What a piece of ***T. I just can't believe that a class that has interest and is growing almost all the time, can't get a go at state level, but when the TCS nationals are on, the attracted about 25-30 entries. The GT1 and Stock classes only had like 10 or more cars. It's something the VORTEC guys should think about when deciding whether F1 should be a VORTEC class or not. In my eyes, they are living in the past!

Hey F. Alonso what are your thoughts on Renault's slow pace in F1 lol... go the RED cars!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

slow pace!!! Yeha, we have a poor engine which is as much as 80 bhp slower then the top engines, so why the hell aren't you beating us by more thats what I say. Well maybe that should only be directed at the second ferrari because Michael is just amazing this year, and the Ferrari isn't too bad either.

But yeah, Imola is and will be our worst track of the year, and wel still didnt' do too bad. Barcelona will be a very different story because we were pretty average at all tracks last year prior to Barcelona, then in the race Alonso only finished second to Schuey by 5 seconds, and Alonso beat Barrichello by about 25 seconds. So this upcoming GP will see the return of the fast flying Renaults, even if we are very underpowered. I found it quite amusing to see in the race that the Renaults couldn't actually pass the Minardis on the straight and the Minardis actually had to slow down on the straight for us.

So don't count us out by any means. We have a brand new engine configuration (108 degree to 72 degree) and it has only had 6 months of design before it was made (12 months less then what is considered std by ANY f1 team) and it as well as Ferrari have finished EVERY RACE in the points. So I think we are doing remarkably well given the circumstances, so just watch out. I still believe that this is a bit of a building year. I initially thought that we could fight the championship, but I don't think so. In fact, i don't think anyone can because I think that Renault will bag 2nd in the constructors champs, but with quite a bit of distance to Ferrari.

Watch out though, we are a team that is practically a given to do well in F1. Look at our history! We are innovators, the amount of things we have brought into F1 is awesome, with pneumatic valve timing and the yellow teapot (first F1 turbo). We will be good, trust me!
Old 04-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

slow pace!!! Yeha, we have a poor engine which is as much as 80 bhp slower then the top engines, so why the hell aren't you beating us by more thats what I say. Well maybe that should only be directed at the second ferrari because Michael is just amazing this year, and the Ferrari isn't too bad either.

But yeah, Imola is and will be our worst track of the year, and wel still didnt' do too bad. Barcelona will be a very different story because we were pretty average at all tracks last year prior to Barcelona, then in the race Alonso only finished second to Schuey by 5 seconds, and Alonso beat Barrichello by about 25 seconds. So this upcoming GP will see the return of the fast flying Renaults, even if we are very underpowered. I found it quite amusing to see in the race that the Renaults couldn't actually pass the Minardis on the straight and the Minardis actually had to slow down on the straight for us.

So don't count us out by any means. We have a brand new engine configuration (108 degree to 72 degree) and it has only had 6 months of design before it was made (12 months less then what is considered std by ANY f1 team) and it as well as Ferrari have finished EVERY RACE in the points. So I think we are doing remarkably well given the circumstances, so just watch out. I still believe that this is a bit of a building year. I initially thought that we could fight the championship, but I don't think so. In fact, i don't think anyone can because I think that Renault will bag 2nd in the constructors champs, but with quite a bit of distance to Ferrari.

Watch out though, we are a team that is practically a given to do well in F1. Look at our history! We are innovators, the amount of things we have brought into F1 is awesome, with pneumatic valve timing and the yellow teapot (first F1 turbo). We will be good, trust me!

lol nice essay. are you French by any chance?

BTW: i think BAR will take 2nd place
Old 04-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

BAR probaly get a 3rd but not 2nd. bARs engine is so thirsty compared to renualt and ferrari, there pit stops were like 10 seconds where as renualts were doing 6 second pit stops. but hey we wont find out till they qualify
Old 04-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Frank,

The results that you are looking at are straight out of alleycat. They are NOT what is used to do the points. We make any adjustments to the races that are needed manually then the points are awarded in a different fashion to how alleycat does it.

We post them cause people like to see how they go and its a good/quick way to get an idea of how you went with everyone else.

so we usally find that there are allways a couple of places that are different for the html list order to the points order.

BTW, you got 34 laps because it was counting 2 cars with the same number transponder (different colors). fixed manually.

it is good to see that some people read the results though.

Scorpia.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V1S racing
Dude get a life, saturday night racing, man how many other clubs offer mid week racing, know one can be sure of how many people will turn up on the night, I think that if a club like BRCCC can get anywhere from 60 to 87 entries per wedensday night the club must be doing something right (may be you should learn to drive your car better so you dont need so much pit space to fix it)
Most nights there is not even enough room for you to put your chargers and car on a bench let alone work on the car!!!. I don't think I was having a go at the Boronia club just stating the facts!!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

I am all in favour of another night too, just to spread things out, and even make it available for new members who may not be able to get there on a Wednesday night, so that they could have the option of the two nights, or both even. After all, this is a hobby more then a competitive championship, even if sometimes I wish it was more!!!

GO RENAULT!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

I think boronia race track could do with resurfacing....its a bit rough.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh, you may be right but that also adds to the character of it. Everyone talks about the bumps at interlagos but they never complain too much!

Having all smooth tracks would make suspension settings boringly similiar all the time!!
Old 05-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Fair enough, but you have to admit templestowe is pretty cool as it is so smoothe
Old 05-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

I dunno, never been there. The F1 class is like one person down there so I ain't too interested, plus it is a bit far from me and there isn't enough racing to put the time into knowing the track. But I have raced at say Hoppers so I do have experience of smooth surfaces, but I like the variability of Boronia. Adds a little bit more excitement! Maybe thats why its so popular! I dunno!
Old 05-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

I dunno, never been there. The F1 class is like one person down there so I ain't too interested, plus it is a bit far from me and there isn't enough racing to put the time into knowing the track. But I have raced at say Hoppers so I do have experience of smooth surfaces, but I like the variability of Boronia. Adds a little bit more excitement! Maybe thats why its so popular! I dunno!
Especially when someone takes off when they hit the bit in the track where the old tennis court post was. That thing can either unsettle your car or throw you off the track.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Our F103's used to throw sparks from behind as the motor hit the ex-tennis-court-post at Boronia. Much like the real F1s from a long time ago.

Do the F201s do this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.