Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY PARTS IN OZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default XRAY PARTS IN OZ

Hi . As we have just changed brands we now need to stock up on some spurs and odd parts etc . Can anybody advise what local shops in oz stock t2 009 parts. Thanks in advance
Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Don't know where up there,but you won't need too much stuff.....

About the only thing I ever break is steering blocks.
I only use plastic parts,as they act like a fuse rather than transfer the load elsewhere.
I know of guys having trouble finding a tweak in their car..turned out to be a slight twist in the c hub.....(alloy)

I have seen others break plastic spool out drives and c blade clips are a consumable.
They are an awesome car. About as bullet proof as you can buy imho.

WHRC will post stuff for you too. You can call Steve on 02 45 773166 after 11 am weekdays.
Xray is his specialty........tell him Mick sent you.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.custommodelcars.com.au/content/

Matt sells xray parts
Old 09-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisk
do cmc do mail orders ?????
Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

You can also try Ryper Hobbies in Perth
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mail Order

Originally Posted by Professor
Our dealers have been informed (Including the XRAY factory) that a new online store will be up and running in the near future.

Of course, we will encourage customers to support their local XRAY dealer, for Racers that simply won't go near a hobby shop unless its for fuel and a glow plug, the online store is the only practical solution to support the local Australian market.

Proffessor, I hope you keep supporting WHRC in the future . . .

Best Regards,

Matt @ CMC
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

My2c.

Interesting thread that has not gone to shit yet .

Let me first put on my flame retard - ant suit for the fan boys here.

IMO Australian support for Xray is poor at best. I can understand that business is tough at the moment and I try to buy parts through the boys at Ryper and Steve from Windsor but getting what i need is near impossible at times. Ratted kits has been my savior on the last few occasions but why should a shop have to do this? Sure there are parts shortages from xray at times but if the importer cant keep general stock like arms and knuckles and try and predict demand for such items and carry sufficient stock to cover them selves between orders then im surprised anyone at all shops locally for their parts.

How long does it take you guys at CMC to get parts in?
How often do you order?
Are you guys being shafted by Xray?

Im sure there is more to the story but i can only report from a frustrated customers perspective as that is what i see. Because from what i have experienced from shops who's xray inventory is supplied by CMC is that they don't have what people need! The shops must be getting very frustrated at having to turn their customers away because you cant get your inventory and supply right.

I spend my cash the way i want and I find it almost impossible, even if i wanted to, to spend my money at CMC affiliated shops due to lack of parts. In particular consumables and hop ups. I don't even bother to call the local shops anymore due to this situation and shop online only now and pay around $30us delivery on the order just so i can get what i need. Really it does not even come down to price on things to shop locally and i will pay an extra premium to get parts locally as i know this shipping charge awaits every parts order. As a salesman myself, if I know someone will pay extra to shop locally due to availability and service, i will do everything i can to get this dollar. Thats what good sales people and business owners do...

IMO Dont waste your time with CMC. The shops mentioned above i have all the respect for but I now shop here.

http://www.nexusracing.com/index.php

Nexus for the Win.

PS: as per your sig Matt, As the can do man Can you please try and get some more parts in for our xrays. Some ECS drives would be nice too...

Last edited by Benzaah; 09-02-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: speeling/PS
Old 09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey mate,

Try Mr Toys at Mt Gravatt. It's in the Big Top Shopping centre on Logan Road. He has always been good for me when I need something. And if he does not have in stock he usually gets it in a couple days.

Chris
Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
Don't know where up there,but you won't need too much stuff.....

About the only thing I ever break is steering blocks.
I only use plastic parts,as they act like a fuse rather than transfer the load elsewhere.
I know of guys having trouble finding a tweak in their car..turned out to be a slight twist in the c hub.....(alloy)

I have seen others break plastic spool out drives and c blade clips are a consumable.
They are an awesome car. About as bullet proof as you can buy imho.

WHRC will post stuff for you too. You can call Steve on 02 45 773166 after 11 am weekdays.
Xray is his specialty........tell him Mick sent you.
+ 1 on this

Originally Posted by Professor
I believe they will

Originally Posted by The Ideas Man
Our dealers have been informed (Including the XRAY factory) that a new online store will be up and running in the near future.

Of course, we will encourage customers to support their local XRAY dealer, for Racers that simply won't go near a hobby shop unless its for fuel and a glow plug, the online store is the only practical solution to support the local Australian market.

Proffessor, I hope you keep supporting WHRC in the future . . .

Best Regards,

Matt @ CMC

We'll look foward to it + watch with interest...
Old 09-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
My2c.

Interesting thread that has not gone to shit yet .

Let me first put on my flame retard - ant suit for the fan boys here.

IMO Australian support for Xray is poor at best. I can understand that business is tough at the moment and I try to buy parts through the boys at Ryper and Steve from Windsor but getting what i need is near impossible at times. Ratted kits has been my savior on the last few occasions but why should a shop have to do this? Sure there are parts shortages from xray at times but if the importer cant keep general stock like arms and knuckles and try and predict demand for such items and carry sufficient stock to cover them selves between orders then im surprised anyone at all shops locally for their parts.

How long does it take you guys at CMC to get parts in?
How often do you order?
Are you guys being shafted by Xray?

Im sure there is more to the story but i can only report from a frustrated customers perspective as that is what i see. Because from what i have experienced from shops who's xray inventory is supplied by CMC is that they don't have what people need! The shops must be getting very frustrated at having to turn their customers away because you cant get your inventory and supply right.

I spend my cash the way i want and I find it almost impossible, even if i wanted to, to spend my money at CMC affiliated shops due to lack of parts. In particular consumables and hop ups. I don't even bother to call the local shops anymore due to this situation and shop online only now and pay around $30us delivery on the order just so i can get what i need. Really it does not even come down to price on things to shop locally and i will pay an extra premium to get parts locally as i know this shipping charge awaits every parts order. As a salesman myself, if I know someone will pay extra to shop locally due to availability and service, i will do everything i can to get this dollar. Thats what good sales people and business owners do...

IMO Dont waste your time with CMC. The shops mentioned above i have all the respect for but I now shop here.

http://www.nexusracing.com/index.php

Nexus for the Win.

PS: as per your sig Matt, As the can do man Can you please try and get some more parts in for our xrays. Some ECS drives would be nice too...
I agree with all of this I work at a hobby shop and we dont even try and get Xray parts any more CMC either never answer or say we will get back to you and never do I now xray sponsored drivers and they have problems getting parts How in the hell are we spose to if the sponsoured drivers cant even get them At offroad I now of 5 to 6 guys just at my club that started with xrays and now run Mugens as they could not get parts and like you say they are awsome cars works of art if you ask me but with no parts support thats why you dont see many If the parts support was there I reckon it would be one of the most run brands in Aus Just my 2 cents worth
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

personally i haven't run into a problem getting parts from cmc. and there aftermarket service is the best, with a factory team driver working there Tuesdays and Thursdays. ill buy my parts from the people who support the local track.

my 2c
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Getting Xray parts in Victoria is next to impossible. I have called up most of the local hobby shops that supposedly stock XRAY gear, and the standard answer is...... we can get it. I generally buy online from the US or HK, so much easier and about the same price when you order a few things.

Anyone who thinks that the local XRAY support is good need only look back to how long it took CMC to get the 009 into stock. i had my car 3 months before CMC had shipped out their pre-ordered kits. I appreciate that we are a little market, but 3 months for a new car is ridiculous!

I would love to be able to walk into a hobby shop in Vic and be able to buy stuff when I need it but I cannot see it happening and from most of the feedback I have heard from LHS's, the main reason they dont have XRAY stuff is they dont want to deal with the Distributor

My 2c's
Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I buy all my xgay parts from RCMarket, they seem ok. Ill try Nexus thanks Benz. It would be nice to have support from within our borders though.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

xray support from cmc is shit at the best. Due to long work hours and my lunch break being at 8 am email is the best solution for me to get parts/quotes. Waiting 4 weeks to get a quote on a list of parts is beyond a joke, and they wonder y people shop elsewhere. I support WHRC however the bits i was after Steve didnt have. Tried the importer but to wait 4 weeks is a joke. If WHRC doesnt have the bits im after ill go O'S from now on
Old 09-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Matt,

You should be listening to all this with interest, and accept it constructively. These are not people just whining. Almost every post has said they are happy to buy in Aust, but we just can't get it.

All any of us want is to be able to purchase the parts, thats it.

And Honesty is the most important part . . .

mrs secrets

Last edited by mrs secrets; 09-03-2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: addition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.