Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Femca 2009 Aussie Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Femca 2009 Aussie Results

Well first two rounds of qualifying were run today. Wayne is absolutley flying and his car looking very quick. He Tq'd the first round by only a couple of seconds from Hara. The second round Hara put in an insane run and posted nearly a 16 lapper.

Track is honestly the best track I have driven but it is also the hardest. Grip is reasonable and we are starting to go to smaller pin tyres now.

I have had two rather shit runs but none the less the car is reasonable and I am still in the top 15 I believe. From what I heard you only need to be in the top 20 to make it directly into the semi's.

The rest of the aussies are all on pretty good pace. Martin has had two consistent runs and is also in the top 20. Jason and Matty have been really quick but have had some flame out issues. Same also for Scotty K but he should be sorted for tomorrow, his car looks good and he put in some good laps in the last one but also had a flame out.

Its super hot and after your run the entire car is nearly too hot to touch, never raced in anything like it.

Got another two runs tomorrow and one on saturday. Best of three count, so anything can happen for here.

Thats all for now.
Zac
Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks for the update Zac,good luck to you all and keep the updates comming
Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZacR
Well first two rounds of qualifying were run today. Wayne is absolutley flying and his car looking very quick. He Tq'd the first round by only a couple of seconds from Hara. The second round Hara put in an insane run and posted nearly a 16 lapper.

Track is honestly the best track I have driven but it is also the hardest. Grip is reasonable and we are starting to go to smaller pin tyres now.

I have had two rather shit runs but none the less the car is reasonable and I am still in the top 15 I believe. From what I heard you only need to be in the top 20 to make it directly into the semi's.

The rest of the aussies are all on pretty good pace. Martin has had two consistent runs and is also in the top 20. Jason and Matty have been really quick but have had some flame out issues. Same also for Scotty K but he should be sorted for tomorrow, his car looks good and he put in some good laps in the last one but also had a flame out.

Its super hot and after your run the entire car is nearly too hot to touch, never raced in anything like it.

Got another two runs tomorrow and one on saturday. Best of three count, so anything can happen for here.

Thats all for now.
Zac
Good luck Zac and all the rest of the oz crew .Tell jason and matt .1mm of a shim will sort there flame outs .
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What!! Are you trying to make Matt and Jason slower? Consider your choice of plug first.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

OK another day down. Things are up and down for a few of the aussie guys but still reasonably postive results. Matt and Jason are getting pretty quick and seem to have sorted out their engines which is good to see. Jason cracked a 38 second lap which is not far off hara's quickest but he is just doing them lap after lap.

My first run was not the best with a few mistakes but my second run was a lot better. I finally managed to get into the 15 lapper and my quickest lap was a 39.2 so I can't complain. Car was rolling a bit too much in the corners and Scott K said he had the same issue. He also managed a 15 lapper today and just missed it in the last round so he is moving up the ladder. We have agreed that a bigger swaybar should sort the issue so both excited about the final round tomorrow.

Track is still insane and the grip is getting better. Tire wear I think will be an issue over an hour with probably around 50 mins wearing the tyre down to nothing and not to mention the heat. Basically the aim for most of us is to make the final and finish.

Wayne has had a bit of bad luck today with an overally aggressive car but still posted a lap inside the 38's so he is still going really quick.

See how things pan out for tomorrow.

Full results are displayed on slyfox's website.

Zac
Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It was good to see you guys put down some good times today.

I'm trying to mess with Martin's head. "Tell him he's too old and too slow" for me.

I do like the panning live footage video feed.

At the moment I'm crossing between live video footage of you guys at FEMCA and the 1/10th Tourers in Italy.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boz
What!! Are you trying to make Matt and Jason slower? Consider your choice of plug first.
slower no ,smarter yes .And as for plugs go odonnell or dont bother .lol
Old 07-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

get brad to do some night life reports,malay beer,
bars and man ladies
go aussies, cheers johnny-g
Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZacR
OK another day down. Things are up and down for a few of the aussie guys but still reasonably postive results. Matt and Jason are getting pretty quick and seem to have sorted out their engines which is good to see. Jason cracked a 38 second lap which is not far off hara's quickest but he is just doing them lap after lap.

My first run was not the best with a few mistakes but my second run was a lot better. I finally managed to get into the 15 lapper and my quickest lap was a 39.2 so I can't complain. Car was rolling a bit too much in the corners and Scott K said he had the same issue. He also managed a 15 lapper today and just missed it in the last round so he is moving up the ladder. We have agreed that a bigger swaybar should sort the issue so both excited about the final round tomorrow.

Track is still insane and the grip is getting better. Tire wear I think will be an issue over an hour with probably around 50 mins wearing the tyre down to nothing and not to mention the heat. Basically the aim for most of us is to make the final and finish.

Wayne has had a bit of bad luck today with an overally aggressive car but still posted a lap inside the 38's so he is still going really quick.

See how things pan out for tomorrow.

Full results are displayed on slyfox's website.

Zac
Hi mate, some other things to try if the car is rolling too much, if it's really hot you might consider slightly harder shock oil, (Drake was quick to change his to lighter when it got cold at Landsborough), also something else move the outer rear camber link out one hole. Also lower ride height, less droop.... Just some thoughts.... You could just get out the RTR!!LOL. Good Luck.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

I have just got back from the best Malaysian meal with all the VP-Pro crew. By far the best food I have had in a long time lol. I have decided to come home as I would like a few hours sleep before finals day but yes Jonny Brad is going out to well have a good time....I am sure you will here all about it next time we catch up.

Onto the racing. We all only have one round today so it was a final dash for a few drivers who needed a good run to get a direct spot in the semi. Jason D put in a stella run and is looking strong at the moment bumping himself up into the semi. In total I think there are 5 Aussies so it is a strong show atm.

Walker did some crazy setup changes after talking to a local driver, 30 10 10 in the diffs...gives you the idea of the amount of grip we have over here. Anyway it worked for him and he ended the qualfying well so time will tell tomorrow what he can do over 30 and 60 minutes.

Now onto the Losi's. Scott had a bit of bad luck in his last run with his center uni pin coming out and ending his run so he just missed out on the semi which is a shame but as I told him he simply has another 30 minutes of practice tomorrow. He is going quick and should make the final if everything goes his way.

I had a my receiver wire break on me before the start of the race which was very frustrating but thats racing. I stil managed to make the semi's so I can't complain. Both car,tyres and engine are going well so I am reasonably confident for tomorrow. Hara and wayne seem to be doing mid 38's and I have done a some low 39's so I think it will just come down to who is consistent and who can actually finish and hour race. It is super hot over here so anything could happen.

Thanks for the tips Darren. We did go up to 42.5wt front and 27.5wt rear and it helped heaps. I went to 2.5mm bars all round and about 12k center diff oill. Thats basically it, the car is working well now. Also hard foams with a hard 802 Vp seems to be reasonable. Tyre wear could be a big issue tomorrow I think.

Anyway thats about it for now

Zac
Old 07-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

12K in the centre? Wow!

Good luck for today and send my regards to the Knight Rider Scotty K
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Good Luck to all the Aussies tomorrow i hope they all go well .

Its funny the local driver zacs talking about is yours truely see what track temp ,air temp,humidity %,condition of track , physics and a little mathematics can accomplish after a 20 minute msn link with wayne and i dont even drive .lol

Think logic,do some theory and in depth and everything is fixable.

Good work Zac your a great driver but even better person.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 07-25-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its raining
Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Goodluck Zac, Jason, Wayne and Dale.

Bring one home Zac!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

All I can say is what a day! Probably not my best final I have run because of a random run out of fuel which we think is due to a soft tank lid spring. I lost about 1.5 laps after that and decided that I should try and run a smooth race and see where I would end up. In the end a 5th is the best I could have got and I am happy.

Jason went so close and he drove a great race so congrats to him for a solid effort. Glad to see so many Australians in the final and hopefully next year we can go one better. Wayne had a great start and would have been in for a chance but bad luck struck. I went out with Alvin (the owner of the track) last night and he was running the mugen with 30,10,10.......part of where I think Wayne got his setup ideas from.

Martin should have made the final but had a servo horn break.

Scotty also had a reciever pack unplug before the race I think and he would have gone well also.

In the end I still think Hara would have won no matter what, he had crazy pace and his car was epic. We studied some video of his car and it really was setup pefectly for the track....in reality he is a world champion and we had no chance lol but it was great to race against him.

Dale put in some great laps and managed to bump up from the quarters so also a congrats to him.

We have a large dinner planned for all the drivers in a couple of minutes and then its hit the town time

In end I was reasonablly happy with the losi, my rough setup looked like:

42.5 wtfront 30wt losi rear shock oil
2.5mm sway bars allround
5k,12k,3k
3 degrees toe out each front wheel
basically the rest of the car is standard setup.

I'm off to the party
Racing in Asia is epic.
Zac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.