Search

Southwest Indoor Electric Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Carpet

Hey guys....

LOL.. grub, do an Ed and win with a mini..

As for carpet. I can get indoor/outdoor carpet tomorrow. Is there a desired brand?

If you want Ozite, it will be a lot of research and waiting.

What colour would you want if it was indoor/outdoor??

I will get a price of the available carpet.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default ???

Whats the price Stangas, you should ring your nan back now and find out

Quick question. will the track be perminant or will it have to be rolled up after each event?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default :)

Try here mobile Stangas.....
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaraR40
Whats the price Stangas, you should ring your nan back now and find out

Quick question. will the track be perminant or will it have to be rolled up after each event?
Hi,
It will not be a permanent track and will have to be assembled each race day.

We are going to arrange a meeting for all interested stakeholders and potential members to organise the minor details and to raise the money needed for the carpet.........
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Right..

Nan says...

There is heaps of different indoor outdoor carpet, ranging from $20 - $75 per linear meter. (cost price mind you). She sending some samples back to Collie tomorrow for checking.

I still need more details on what is required as i have zero experience with carpet racing.

I am guessing we want very low cut and almost no pile even a felt like finish. eliminate lint pickup. Is rubber backing required? Any help in these areas would be great.

I can have it here by next weekend if you are keen with this standard of carpet.

Ozite... i am sending contact information to the shop and they will investigate it further for us.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stangas
Right..

Nan says...

There is heaps of different indoor outdoor carpet, ranging from $20 - $75 per linear meter. (cost price mind you). She sending some samples back to Collie tomorrow for checking.

I still need more details on what is required as i have zero experience with carpet racing.

I am guessing we want very low cut and almost no pile even a felt like finish. eliminate lint pickup. Is rubber backing required? Any help in these areas would be great.

I can have it here by next weekend if you are keen with this standard of carpet.

Ozite... i am sending contact information to the shop and they will investigate it further for us.

Hi,
Sounds great but I also have no experience with carpet Darthsnouty is the local carpet guru..........
Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stangas
Right..

Nan says...

The carpet that I tried a car on at the carpet shop was a really short, grey loop pile 3.6m wide and $29 plm and seemed to have good grip.
Ozite is like a synthetic felt and is the R.O.A.R standard carpet, and so far as I know, can only be purchased new in the U.S.
Mate, if you can assist with the carpet,that would be a massive help and given your connection with the carpet perhaps we might be able to test a couple of types in the store before we buy

I will p.m. some details to you, cheers Shane....
Old 07-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Bunbury

Sweet!

Ben
Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by auzzy_mate
Sweet!

Ben
You bet it is............
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default F1-1/12th

Well Patto Im in the same boat. Im looking at a class that is competitive, fast, just plan good fun.
No clutch,engine tune, no glow plugs no head ache.
Dont get me wrong 1/8 IC onroad is the main class for me,but just to be able to go on Saturday arvo or even mid week, have a race and stay tuned to driving, that is what im looking for.

Driving a rear wheel drive car may get a hairy but I bet its fun.

Xray 1/12 XII pan car looks the goods. What can you do a 1/12 serpent for Patto.

Cheers Row
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default :)

Yeah go a 1/12.
i got my associated ordered. should be here this week. sourced a good place for batteries too.
the Xray looks cool and has good reputation from what i've read and heard. i'm in the same boat as you. just rock up drive and go..... no tuning and headaches... i'll leave that for my offroad.

go they xray
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by advfuel
Well Patto Im in the same boat. Im looking at a class that is competitive, fast, just plan good fun.
No clutch,engine tune, no glow plugs no head ache.
Dont get me wrong 1/8 IC onroad is the main class for me,but just to be able to go on Saturday arvo or even mid week, have a race and stay tuned to driving, that is what im looking for.

Driving a rear wheel drive car may get a hairy but I bet its fun.

Xray 1/12 XII pan car looks the goods. What can you do a 1/12 serpent for Patto.

Cheers Row
I loved racing 1/8th IC just too dam expensive trying to keep up...........
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
I loved racing 1/8th IC just too dam expensive trying to keep up...........
Yep Tires-tires-tires. That is a problem with our track, I like the grip but it just chews the tires. At $50-60 a set its costly.
On the states weekand I did 5 sets and the weekand was shortened with rain.
What are the 1/12 cars like on tires taking in account that carpet should extend there life I hope. and what split is fairly standard.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by advfuel
Yep Tires-tires-tires. That is a problem with our track, I like the grip but it just chews the tires. At $50-60 a set its costly.
On the states weekand I did 5 sets and the weekand was shortened with rain.
What are the 1/12 cars like on tires taking in account that carpet should extend there life I hope. and what split is fairly standard.
Tires should last a few meetings on carpet and there is no split required as they are rear wheel direct drive...........
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Tires should last a few meetings on carpet and there is no split required as they are rear wheel direct drive...........
Of course I told you I was a novice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.