Meca Challenge 2004

Old 03-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by vr01
BL (Hacker and Novak) has been AARCMCC legal in mod since 1st January 2004...
chris your missing my point, if people had not gone outside the aarcmcc rules to start with there still may not be any aarcmcc sanctioned bl racing

thats why race events and series that dont not conform to aarcmcc rules are not a bad thing for the sport or aarcmcc for that matter

there were considerable complaints when 4 cell 1:12 was introduced at the summer nats, but thats really another success story of stepping outside the accecpted norms

its always good to put the toe in the water and have a look see, sometimes the waters fine
Old 03-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by contact
chris your missing my point, if people had not gone outside the aarcmcc rules to start with there still may not be any aarcmcc sanctioned bl racing

thats why race events and series that dont not conform to aarcmcc rules are not a bad thing for the sport or aarcmcc for that matter

there were considerable complaints when 4 cell 1:12 was introduced at the summer nats, but thats really another success story of stepping outside the accecpted norms

its always good to put the toe in the water and have a look see, sometimes the waters fine
Mmm, its a bit different if its the racers dipping their toes rather than a "promoter/editor" or importer doing so dont you think?

Your whole statement stinks of ulterior motive. In fact, your statement, which we all know is Racing Lines statement, combined with the regular "control tyre" propaganda in Racing Lines would indicate some "non-AARCMACCAS" rules for on event on the horizon.............

What odds can I get that Winternats will be a control rubber tyre event for modified? Lets face it, thats probably why Cookie & Abbot ran rubber at the Summernats......to get some early testing no doubt...........

I just wonder if Brushless will be allowed .................
Old 03-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Timmy2qik
Mmm, its a bit different if its the racers dipping their toes rather than a "promoter/editor" or importer doing so dont you think?
timmy, always full of good cheer!

if racers really did not like the rules of promoted events they would not race at them, so, no i dont really see much difference, people vote with their feet in this sport.

what promoted events do is give racers the opportunity to dip the toe - they are a liberty not to do so if they choose...

and isnt that just it, choice... you can choose to make juvenile criticisms or you can choose to make constructive discussion

Acta non verba, concordia res parvae crescent
Old 03-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by contact
timmy, always full of good cheer!

if racers really did not like the rules of promoted events they would not race at them, so, no i dont really see much difference, people vote with their feet in this sport..

So who do the organisers of the promoted event actually organise the event for? And more so, why? There is a set of rules established in Australia & people would expect that, provided the equipment they spend considerable money of conforms to these rule, that they could turn up to an event & run in it. To take the "if you dont like it, lump it" approach shows to us all just how little Racing Lines gives a toss about those who actually are responsible for the hobby growing & thriving...the racers! The fact is, AARCMCCAS rules calls for OPEN tyres & BRUSHLESS motors. Why not let those who race week to week, buy magazines monthly & spend considerable money on the hobby actually race within the NATIONAL rules.

what promoted events do is give racers the opportunity to dip the toe - they are a liberty not to do so if they choose...
Bollocks! Thanks to the inability of outside influences having any effect on the National body, racers can "dip their toes" whenever they damn well please, as we have an open tyre rule, we dont need Racing Lines & their "Asia"agenda nor the Winternats to give us the chance to try Rubbers or Brushed motors we can do it any time we like, we just CHOOSE not to.

and isnt that just it, choice... you can choose to make juvenile criticisms or you can choose to make constructive discussion...
The pot calling the kettle black dont you think? Why dont you re post your initial response to me, the one you deleted after 2 mins? What happened, did you need to get the official Racing Lines go ahead to post?

Acta non verba, concordia res parvae crescent
Your Latin is fundamental at best. You my friend are an intellectual lightweight!
Old 03-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

...............and you, timmy, are still a newb.