Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner. >

Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon

FYI , I have all your names

Send me $1000 now OR ............
And we have your mobile number... whats that Greg? you want us to call you at a reasonable hour?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

just remind them you could be doing worse things

pokies, pub, strippers

they soon shut up
Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mine is always on my back about my off road trucks, she doesn't understand that it's fine for her to tell me that I should buy this one and that one, but how does she expect me to find the time to be able to race them
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what a great read, my wife supports my racing as long as Im not excessively spending too much time on them, when I need to work on the car I usually do it when the kids and wife have all gone to bed, this prevent my 4yr old running off with my tools and half filled shocks
I tend to do a lot of housework before any big weekend meet, kind soothes the guilt of leaving her with the kids all day and frees up her time..win,win for both.

For those having a hard time with their misses they obviously don't know what its all about....and its not just the racing...just explain it all to them.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcskoda
And we have your mobile number... whats that Greg? you want us to call you at a reasonable hour?
My mobile has a strange thing on it ... it is called an OFF switch

For me a reasonable hour is getting stretched. With the missus's family in Thailand and not quite grasping the 3 hour time gap we tend to get calls at all strange times
Old 06-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default how true

very funny thread
i dont drink, smoke, gamble.
i start work at 3am get home at 5pm most days,
so the wife puts up with R/C gotto love that
Old 06-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm quite lucky, my misses has no interest in R/C at all. She's been to a couple of meets to say hello then goes on her way. I seem to have no issue getting day passes or even weekend passes.
I did try and get her interested, I let her drive my TA05R once in a massive carpark and she still managed to wedge it under a skip bin! I even offered her a drive of a Mini but nup.
I've given up trying to hide cars from her, it might take a couple of weeks but then i get the "whats that car? how long you had that?"
Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you paint it the same colour it takes them longer to notice

And I know someone (no names Mr Goby ) who has hiding places all through his garage for his new purchases
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

a mate of mine invited me over to see his new Vintage collection. I pulled up in the driveway and he rushed outside and I was wisked away into the garage. we looked at his 5 new purchases, then with cars in arm we walked inside only for him to say to his mrs 'look at all this gear Mick has brought over so I can get my RC10 going". would have been nice if he worded me up first.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by too twisted
a mate of mine invited me over to see his new Vintage collection. I pulled up in the driveway and he rushed outside and I was wisked away into the garage. we looked at his 5 new purchases, then with cars in arm we walked inside only for him to say to his mrs 'look at all this gear Mick has brought over so I can get my RC10 going". would have been nice if he worded me up first.
CLASSIC!! the misses thinks so too!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Oh Yeah...........

The only way I thought i could shut mine up was to set her up with a car for the occasional practice day now she races every meet in 27t man does SHE get the shits on when the car has a problem (normally caused by the front end being ripped off) and i cant fix it by the next heat. PS didnt shut her up though

Vince !! i never said any of this OK.........

Great thread
Old 06-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by penmark67

Great thread
Just remember this when im trying to overtake you!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
My partner keeps telling me to grow up and stop playing with over priced TOYS.

She doesn't see that i love mechanical side ,racing and socializing part as well..

I dont smoke nor really drink.

Maybe its because she has no other interest apart from the kids.

Am i the only one. ??????

Do you tell everyone you play with R/C toys???
Trust me, after two marriages "Get rid of the missus, keep the cars".
Old 06-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Fuck ive got it the opposite. She wants to come and spend time with me when im racing and 3/4 of the time i just want to go by myself to get some peace and quite. I had a tourer set up and now she has a mini but she wont get up on the stand to race and hates the idea of racers yelling at her when she is marshalling.

Rock<----Me---->Hard Place
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by penmark67
The only way I thought i could shut mine up was to set her up with a car for the occasional practice day now she races every meet in 27t man does SHE get the shits on when the car has a problem (normally caused by the front end being ripped off) and i cant fix it by the next heat. PS didnt shut her up though

Great thread
Mark Penny Does well and so do you and the boys to keep so many cars up and running.
P.S My lips are sealed

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Fuck ive got it the opposite. She wants to come and spend time with me when im racing and 3/4 of the time i just want to go by myself to get some peace and quite. I had a tourer set up and now she has a mini but she wont get up on the stand to race and hates the idea of racers yelling at her when she is marshalling.

Rock<----Me---->Hard Place
Yeah Benzaah i hear you man i bought a mini for the misses then she expected me to pay for everything for it. I explained that i pay for mine she pay for hers. Went down like a lead balloon.

Let her have a drive of mine and wasnt turning i grabbed the remote and showed her and then tahlia stirred her up. Then i was told to go to hell and sell the car.

I line my mate up to buy it and then she wants to race it again.

oh well i found it easier to still sell it to my mate (When he gets Permisson lol) and down the track buy a new car and give her mine.

Not as bad as someone else i know who would give me the money so i could order the parts for there car so their wife didnt know how much they were spending.

all in all just do it lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.