HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING

HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING

Old 12-23-2010, 03:50 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default HOBART EP OFF ROAD RACING

Hi fellow southerners,

Just putting this up to gauge interest in starting an 1:10 EP off road club next to the EP on road club in Glenorchy and get some discussion on this topic going. Just organised bashing to start with on an off weekend to the on road racing to give those guys a chance to run.

If you'd be interested post up here.

Last edited by ajj; 10-06-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would be keen for an occasional trip down for some great dirt racing.
The track would need some attention though. You can put me down for stock SCT and mod 4WD Buggy!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

need to get the hobby shops in town on side. they'll be the best source of contact for local r/c 'ers.

I'd be supporting you as best I could (but rare for me to have a weekend in hobart), would love to see some offroad racing going in hobart. don't know why it hasn't happened.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I'm only 15min from all 3 hobby shops. Was going to make up some flyers and give to them to hand out. Would mean more bussiness for them too so everyone wins...
Old 12-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well 2 of those shops dont give a rats arse about supporting Clubs/racing, regardless of sales etc. There's only 1 I'd bother with and thats on elizabeth st.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:02 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Yeah that's the one I like to support, good guys in there!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Right guys. Put your names down. I've put two forms out, one at McCann's Models and one at Nick's Hobbies in Sorrell (yet to get to Nick's at Glenorchy). Went in McCann's and already some interest.

I may have located some astroturf to which could potentially be used for the track.

So come on, get on it!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, I would be keen and I reckon I could get another couple of mates involved.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am quite interested in racing off road.
I would be willing to give a hand with setting things up.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Good to see that track finally going to get some use.

Peter Machin and myself penned out the basics of the track with Brian Johnston of the Model Makers Assc. back in 98 or 99, even though pretty much all of it - edging, surface, layout (minor stuff ) got lost in translation between that meeting and the contractors 5 years later, but still, glad to see it finally with a purpose.

I'm sure you'll make something of it
Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Default The ball is rolling...!!

Ok guys.

Firstly with interest in the club. We have 3 people who have put their name down in at McCann's. With Sir Tamiyalot, Shimmy and myself that makes six (and more if you can bring some friends Sir Tamiyalot). I think this is enough to at least get the ball rolling. I believe many more will come once the track is brought up to spec.

I have emailed the MMACA with regards to what is going on, also about the need for the track to be upgraded to racing level and protected from bikes. I recieved a reply from the MMACA President Brian Johnson who is keen for a club to be formed. In his email he detailed that no direct financial support can come from the MMACA at this time, but is more than willing to help with applications for government grants etc. Also, if a club is to be formed there is the need to become affiliated with the MMACA to cover public liability. The cost of this is $20 for first membership and $10 per year thereafter for each member.

He also said he would like to meet with those interested in the next few weeks which brings me to the next topic. We need to organise a time over the next few weeks to all meet at the track for an hour or two. I propose either the 19th, 20th, 26th or 27th to gather the track to talk to the MMACA, discuss upgrading of the track, and where we go from there. Bring our cars along and have a bash also! (bring all terrian style tyres if you have them, small pin tyres will wear out very fast!).

I've also put a notice in Nick's Hobbies at Moonah now. So spread the word to your mates and let me know which dates your free and we'll try to get this first meet happening.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I know of two others and myself will be keen to help upgrade the track.
We came up to Latrobe a few times, you will probably recognise us when we meet.
I will be away for the Bendigo classic 19/20, so maybe the 26th would be good, as the 27th is an onroad meeting, so a few of us will be too busy racing to come over.
Ben.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Ok well make that 9 people interested then Are you the guys that raced the white/redbull eTruggies at latrobe? I'll just put it out there now, does anyone have easy access to a bobcat and/or roller. And what time does the on road racing usually finish on sunday? Possibly could have it after they finish also.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah Phil and Jason with the white and red bull truggies, I had a green Losi but I sold it and bought a Baja
Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys have 1:10th off roaders? Not sure if we'll do 1:8th, if we can make the track big enough then yes but it's pretty small a the moment. Something that will need to be talked about. Bring anything along to start with though!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.