Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop) >

MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

Like Tree1Likes

MOOREBANK LARGE SCALE (the coffee shop)

Old 05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the kind thoughts Charlie and Dave, it does cheer me up.

Op 29 Monday, if it goes we'll, I'll be trying for 2nd last at the States, if not so well I'll still be down for a beer, if it goes real bad I'll be down to haunt you bastards FOREVER LOL LOL LOL

Hey Charlie maybe the Kiwi can get onebof those trucks converted to a tow truck. That will help him finish a race meet, cause Brewer never could. LOL
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Test Driver
There were actually 7 trucks at the VICs and by the looks of it, there should be 7-8 (hopefully more, depending on who can make it) at the NSW titles.
Are you running both classes again Trent, your truck looked pretty competative last year in SA?

Thinking of buying a truck toward the end of the year myself, and I think Charlie has one on his wish list too. They look bloody awsome mate.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Starsracing
Are you running both classes again Trent, your truck looked pretty competative last year in SA?

Thinking of buying a truck toward the end of the year myself, and I think Charlie has one on his wish list too. They look bloody awsome mate.
Gidday Neil,
don't know if Trent actually logs onto RCTECH but I am pretty sure he will be running both his car and truck.
Had a few issues (as did I) at Vic but I'm sure that those will be rectified for NSW.
I will be running mine definitely.
Eden
Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Gidday Neil,
don't know if Trent actually logs onto RCTECH but I am pretty sure he will be running both his car and truck.
Had a few issues (as did I) at Vic but I'm sure that those will be rectified for NSW.
I will be running mine definitely.
Eden
Hi Eden,
Either way be great to catch up again mate.

What do you reckon about the trucks?

What do you need to do to them to race at a reliable level?

Neil
Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Eden,
Either way be great to catch up again mate.

What do you reckon about the trucks?

What do you need to do to them to race at a reliable level?

Neil
Not let you drive it ah must be beer time
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwidave
Not let you drive it ah must be beer time
boring 
Old 05-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Gidday Neil,
from a brand new truck, the only thing really needed is the aluminium spur gear carrier as the plastic one melts if you have the rear brakes working very hard.
A few of other options allowed for durability are a roll over bar/carry handle, a rear bumper plate, side intrusion bars, brace between the front A& B pillars and the alloy front hubs.
I have only just changed to alloy front hubs as I found at the VICs, my lower pivot ball screw came out in the final.
It seemed that as I had to screw it through the plastic hub before it reaches the steel insert, all the thread lock was wiped from the screw. It wont happen with the alloy hub.
Eden
Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Gidday Neil,
from a brand new truck, the only thing really needed is the aluminium spur gear carrier as the plastic one melts if you have the rear brakes working very hard.
A few of other options allowed for durability are a roll over bar/carry handle, a rear bumper plate, side intrusion bars, brace between the front A& B pillars and the alloy front hubs.
I have only just changed to alloy front hubs as I found at the VICs, my lower pivot ball screw came out in the final.
It seemed that as I had to screw it through the plastic hub before it reaches the steel insert, all the thread lock was wiped from the screw. It wont happen with the alloy hub.
Eden
Eden
So how much roughly do they cost? Still around $1700 RTR?

Do I buy directly from Col or are you going to be the NSW rep?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile G'day Neil!!

G'day Neil!
How are you mate? Yes mate, Eddy, myself, Malcolm and Tina are looking forward to coming to Sydney for the NSW Champs with both the car and the truck.

We have a different truck from last year in SA, as the owner of the other truck decided to explore other options with it. But we are very happy with it and the car. The trucks are good fun, because it basically puts your set up and skill up against my skill and set up, plus it is an absolute hoot on the drivers stand, most of us are laughing, talking and carrying on.

In Melbourne we had a fairly strong car but in the final the engine went away from its normal settings and finished 8th. But hey, thems the breaks. With the truck we finished 3rd as we suffered the same fate as Eddy with the lower bolt backing out of the plastic front hubs. We never had the issue on the other truck but maybe we will put alloy front uprights on!!

We are really looking forward to catching up with you guys. That is one of the great features of our sport, meeting some nice people in each state or country that we travel to.

Also Hi!! to the rest of the guys - Craig, Charlie and the rest of the crew in Sydney. Take care guys and all the best with the OP Neil. See you all soon.

Cheers
Trent
Old 05-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here you go neil a bit of kiwi humour while your stuck at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Babypu3kT68
Old 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

That's great to here you pretty much have the truck sorted, in relation to the car mate, like you said that's racing, all we can do is prepare as much as possible(and you certainly do that) and hope for a fortunate run.

I intend to run the Harm primarily and the truck at titles for a bit of fun. Like the Harm I only make up the numbers, but someone needs to be the back markers. LOL

You are certainly right about the atmosphere at the track, simply a bunch of mate running truely beutiful pieces of machinery in a fun yet competative environent. IMO it simply doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks for the well wishes mate, catch up soon.

Neil
Old 05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwidave
Here you go neil a bit of kiwi humour while your stuck at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Babypu3kT68
Thanks Dave, funny shit mate
Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey guys did you get a run in today?

Sorry I couldn't be there but that's the way it is sometimes.

How did the meeting after the meeting go?

Any news etc?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Eden
So how much roughly do they cost? Still around $1700 RTR?

Do I buy directly from Col or are you going to be the NSW rep?
I bought mine direct from Col.
http://www.chequeredflagracing.com.a...ruck-p-36.html

If you check with Col (or the Qld guys) the rules that they are working on should allow the basic harm model, pretty much standard XRCs and smartech cars with some minor mods and truck wheels and bodys to fit into the rules and race competatively. This sould make it cheaper for some guys that already have XRCs and such to run truck class without having to outlay for a completely new vehicle.
And no I am not planning to be the NSW rep.

Eden
Old 05-24-2009, 04:24 AM
tvr
Tech Adept

Hi Neil we heard today at the track that you are sick and having an opp tomorrow Jason and myself wish you a speedy recovery and we hope to see you at the state titles.we all had a good day racing today track was a bit slippery but you expect that after all the rain we had the surface was stilla bit dump but got better later in the avo any way get well soon mate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.