Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENOM GPV-1 ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are there many people in Brisbane running these? If So please get in touch with me via PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

danjoy, looks like you've got it nailed, still running the stock motor and esc ?. The brake on the stock esc is not very progressive, its one of the first things people are replacing. I'm running a 6000kv xcelorin motor and recently got the v3 (medium soft) tires, its having a hard time keeping the front wheel down now. awesome fun. The motor seems like a good fit for the bike.

Shiftiestmort; most of the 5th scale bike racers that run at Brendale have 8th scale bikes as well, not all GPV-1s, but it would be good to setup a class. I'd be keen to get a run in at Logan if we could swing it with the organisers.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im currently running the standard BL Venon setup. I feel the speed is perfect and any more faster would be a handfull to drive in a track. I had softened the stock suspension. I've already done more than a few 5 mins run without a mistake at the track, so my confidence is slowing growing.

Test Driver: Im up for the next club meet so we can get the ball rolling. The sooner we start running would be good as we can all share driving tips and setup and that can only be good.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

when is the next club meeting?
I'll be in for that.

Eden
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Looks like the next club meet is on the 26 of April. I will try to spread the word so we can get a few more bikies. Would this be the first ever r/c bike race to be held in Sydney?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GPV-1 bikes in South East Queensland....

Originally Posted by TroyM
Shiftiestmort; most of the 5th scale bike racers that run at Brendale have 8th scale bikes as well, not all GPV-1s, but it would be good to setup a class. I'd be keen to get a run in at Logan if we could swing it with the organisers.
We all have GPV-1 bikes now (See what happens when you miss a race meet Troy).
Thats makes at least two in Brisbane, two on the Gold Coast and two up in Harvey Bay.

This Saturday night we may unofficially slot in a 1/8 GPV-1 race at Brendale in between rounds of the bigger bikes hopefully - It would be good if you can make it Troy

I might also try and drop down to Logan on Sunday to put some practice laps in. I want to make sure that the bikes can get around with minimal risk of hitting the PVC piping they are using as a track barrier. If all goes well, I want to encourage a 1/8 scale MotoGp series that will include the Venom GPV-1 Race Event Series
It could even become a 'State of Origin' thing. QLD vs The other states of Australia LOL.

By the sound of it, Logan will only let us race on a Wednesday night - How does that sit with you Troy?

If Shiftiestmort want to join it, more the merrier I say. I'm sure we all will try and help him get up to speed and see the light. In no time he will want to sell all his four wheeled 'toys' and concentrate on bikes only
Old 04-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Havago Racing
Thats makes at least two in Brisbane, two on the Gold Coast and two up in Harvey Bay.

This Saturday night we may unofficially slot in a 1/8 GPV-1 race at Brendale in between rounds of the bigger bikes hopefully - It would be good if you can make it Troy

I might also try and drop down to Logan on Sunday to put some practice laps in. I want to make sure that the bikes can get around with minimal risk of hitting the PVC piping they are using as a track barrier. If all goes well, I want to encourage a 1/8 scale MotoGp series that will include the Venom GPV-1 Race Event Series
It could even become a 'State of Origin' thing. QLD vs The other states of Australia LOL.

By the sound of it, Logan will only let us race on a Wednesday night - How does that sit with you Troy?

If Shiftiestmort want to join it, more the merrier I say. I'm sure we all will try and help him get up to speed and see the light. In no time he will want to sell all his four wheeled 'toys' and concentrate on bikes only
heheh i will never be giving up the four wheeled variety... but i would appreciate any setups you guys have for the gpv1
Old 04-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Looks like the next club meet is on the 26 of April. I will try to spread the word so we can get a few more bikies. Would this be the first ever r/c bike race to be held in Sydney?
I'll definitely be there. I will probably bring down my 5th scale bike also (for a bit of fun)
Eden
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Havago Racing

OMG!!!!!!! Add another GPV-1 to the Brisbane list!!!! I got mine the other day and man is it fun. Hope the racing is open to brushless bikes cause i got bored of the stock motor and wont be goin back lol.

Just a question, what have you guys done with the body around the spur and pinion? i had to cut the body away to stop it rubbing. Anyone else got any ideas?

Last edited by TOA57Y; 04-15-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

I've also cut the portion of the body so the spur won't rub anymore. I believe its the best solution.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOA57Y
Just a question, what have you guys done with the body around the spur and pinion? i had to cut the body away to stop it rubbing. Anyone else got any ideas?
I trimmed the body around the spur and pinion. Its a known thing otherwise it makes a bad noise when it rubs

There is a pile of hints an tips depending upon which issue you are encountering. Best have a read of Venom GPV-1 Hints and tips
Old 04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Yep the body can get a bit close to the spur and pinion.

I chucked the brushless system in very quick as the stock wasn't enuf power for my liking. The standard venom brushless system is very good to start with having decent brakes and much better power than the standard motor. It feels much more like a race bike. And the squirm out of corners looks really kewl espcially followed by some high side action!

I can't make that meet on the 26th as that is states weekend but I should be in for the next meet.

I assume some of you are doing this already but I put some hard plastic tube over the top of the steel bars that stop the bike from falling over. This makes it much better to lean on them through a corner. I'll have to see how far I can bend em up now for more mid corner turn in!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

I can't make that meet on the 26th as that is states weekend but I should be in for the next meet.
...!
So how many can we get for the 26th or should we wait a couple of meetings until everyone can get there?

I am unable to make it at the following meeting because of 1/5 scale titles in Vic.

BTW, I still plan on coming down to the 26th meeting to have a look at the track anyway as I haven't been down there since the new track has been in use.

Eden
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TOA57Y
... Hope the racing is open to brushless bikes cause i got bored of the stock motor and wont be goin back lol.
Most guys in Brisbane probably already have brushless in their 1/8 bikes as they're use to the speed of brushless in the 1/5 scale bikes they race.
I would be confident in saying that the stock motor setup would be too slow for a track like Brendale anyway as it is much too large for a "slow" bike.

Eden
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Test Driver
Most guys in Brisbane probably already have brushless in their 1/8 bikes as they're use to the speed of brushless in the 1/5 scale bikes they race.
I would be confident in saying that the stock motor setup would be too slow for a track like Brendale anyway as it is much too large for a "slow" bike.

Eden
After running the brushless I couldn't stand running the brushed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.