Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 turn class

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Post why????

What is the point of having yet another spec class! ???
Isn't that what stock is for ? already i can see a problem with the motor list you presented BK , some motors are hand wound & others machine wound , some brands you can't get here from your LHS {Some would say MOST}

And please don't take this the wrong way BUT;
NOT one of us has the right nor position to make a desision on rules/guidelines for a potentully new NATIONAL class ....[hopefully]

Let's put it to THE ASSOC they can research the alternatives, & set the guidelines for US to race under!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to agree that is should be set by an association.

It is all good to have individual clubs run there own rules, but then you get people wanting to go national and you end up with the rubber v's foam debate again.

'Oh but our 19turn class runs rubber tyres - I think the whole of australia should run it, because that is what the asians do'.

Set the rules for the country now, to avoid the the confusion later.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Default 19T

The proposed 19T class is an just something that we are going to muck around with at Eastern Creek Club days at this stage. Steve has been kind enough to accomodate a few of us, & ultimately anybody wanting to try it out.

Nobody is trying to set "National Rules" not even close? Why involve AARCMACC for club days, its not required.

As far as availability of motors, those wishing to try it out will ultimately source there own motors for now, I guess the importers will bring some in if there is a market for it down the track..............
Old 11-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

others can do as they wish, after some research and consultation with local racers at our local track, it was decided we wanted to run a 19t class, if we get the numbers the class will run.

we will race with what ever 19t's we want
we will race with what ever bodies we want
we will enjoy ourselves
we will have fun!

nothing more , nothing less.

(Guru, u ask why???? , because we can!)
Old 11-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Why not just let the guys go ahead, then play with some 19t's, then get back to us about what they thought of the motors etc.

The guys interested are all very experienced drivers and im pretty sure they know what there doing.

I agree with you Coxy.

Old 11-13-2003, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Johnny J
Why not just let the guys go ahead, then play with some 19t's, then get back to us about what they thought of the motors etc.

The guys interested are all very experienced drivers and im pretty sure they know what there doing.

I agree with you Coxy.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
others can do as they wish, after some research and consultation with local racers at our local track, it was decided we wanted to run a 19t class, if we get the numbers the class will run.

we will race with what ever 19t's we want
we will race with what ever bodies we want
we will enjoy ourselves
we will have fun!

nothing more , nothing less.

(Guru, u ask why???? , because we can!)
Cool. A class that will allow GT type bodies. This should get preety popular as it did in the UK and other parts of europe.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

silvia's, gtr skylines, rx7's

woohoo
Old 11-13-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
silvia's, gtr skylines, rx7's

woohoo
and utes!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bring it on

With the XRay sitting on top of the shelve, I now have an excuse to whipe of the dust, paint up a new sports GT style body, throw in a new 19T motor and try driving at a different pace. While not being confident to jump in to the modify class (and bust up my car), this class might help me bridge the gap...?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Bring it on

Originally posted by The Ideas Man
With the XRay sitting on top of the shelve, I now have an excuse to whipe of the dust, paint up a new sports GT style body, throw in a new 19T motor and try driving at a different pace. While not being confident to jump in to the modify class (and bust up my car), this class might help me bridge the gap...?

This is the type of attitude that will be attempted to be fostered by the guys wanting to run this class, get the experienced stock masters out of stock, by dipping there toe in a spec mod class.

I dont think initially they are trying to develop another ARCMACCA's class, just something to get the ball rolling.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i agree that clubs should do what suits their members, and a 19t class is a great idea, as is running "open" bodies as opposed to sedans (boring).

i can see from the initial post why other people / clubs want to have their say, the thread was not worded as a EC specific thread - hence other people should feel free to post thieir opinions (is there anything wrong with that?)

its good to hear that others are starting to run the motors...

heavy i guess you are using the brca rules up north?
vortec have been discussing it? or has that too been at club level?
EC arcor / modified rules... i guess we will hear about it?

is anyone else running / planning to run 19t and what specs?

guru - with such strong stock fields im one who believe that a 19t spec class would not actually harm the national/state racing scene - there is nothing wrong with having a number of spec classes, so long as there is good racing in each one and an "open" premier class

clubs have to be flexible to meet the needs of racers... when a groups of sydney drivers visited an imcc meeting in nowra they ran mod cars in with the nitro cars because they wanted to race mod (and we generally dont!) and were flexible and im sure everyone had fun - idm im sure you will have a hoot!

are there many 19t available locally or is importing really the only way to go?

-- by the way arcor - nice motor list!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Fantom / Orion 19t may become available locally, see how things go. If popular i assume Trinity/Epic aswell.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default 19 Turns

I think there is a few 19 Turns available locally now isnt there???
Old 11-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 19 Turns

Originally posted by Pink TC3
I think there is a few 19 Turns available locally now isnt there??
Im yet to see any, but thats to be expected given its an odd wind & there has been no demand in the past for it............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.