Traxxas Slash

Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Slash

The new "FAD" of racing the Traxxas Slash in a spec class is really catching on, post you thoughts, pics and new interesting info.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Whats the running price?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can you get one of these Bad Boys as a roller? Or are they RTR only?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

I believe these bad boys are only RTR I'd like AE to bring out a SC10e but that's a wish.
They sell for $400 in Aus, and about $365 from the states.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is our Slash...check out the size agaist a T4
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas Slash-slash-2.jpg   Traxxas Slash-slash-3.jpg  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the slash in my opinion is the best off road vehicle i've ever owned.

I've not broken it once... and i've severely abused it. still on the 12t 550 motor too. i've run full lipos through it, buried it in sand, run it in the rain without the cover, run it through oodles of brick dust. jumped it five metres in the air and landed on the side.

she's still going strong. looks a treat, you get your moneys worth out of it as soon as you chuck the first battery pack through it. only change i made was the deans.

only pain i have is that i want to do a scale body and make a proper bash plate and all, but can't find a proline slash body (which looks cool...).

anybody know where they can be had in oz?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I had one for a few months (private import before they were released here) great fun in Winter, water, the works. BUT

1. The Titan Motor is soft as, dies after 10-12 runs. at $50-$55 a pop locally... ouch.

2. The car is too heavy to run a 540 motor without stressing it.

3. The body rub on the tyres is horrible.

Great fun, but I don't see it taking off until Winter, and then maybe as a rainy day class.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drove one and loved it, but I'm not going to buy one until I think they are likely to become a class. The J82 thing came in went within four weeks. We have full race schedules already and some clubs may be reluctant to support an additional style of vehicle, that is in many ways incompatible with 10th buggies and trucks.

Shame, though. It was heaps of fun, and is proably quite a low cost class, as long as it remains completely spec. If/When other manufacturers get on board, the spec thing gets hard and with manufacturer competition comes the desire to upgrade to the best car which equals further expense.

I'll take my 20c and call someone who cares now...................
Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Where's the best (CHEAPEST) place to buy one?

methink Santa's Workshop not returning any calls at the mo
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Class Spec's

Traxxas Slash CORR Pro-2 Racer Class Rules

The following rules are offered in an effort to keep the vehicle in this class to an absolute minimum extra investment, and keeping the level of competition as close as possible. For those wanting to use the vehicle as a platform to really push it to the utmost potential, we might offer an Expert Class to test your skills. It is our goal to bring the fun back to R/C Off-Road Racing once again for everyone These Rules are intended to provide a basis to start developing the class for all types of Racers.

Rules for the Ready To Race - Spec. Class

This Class is basically for the Ready-To-Race Version of the Vehicle as shipped by Traxxas. The idea is to limit the amount of hop-ups or modifications to the factory supplied vehicle.

Body: All trucks must use the factory Traxxas Slash body or aftermarket slash body. Race Number must be displayed on Right and Left Side of Truck Body.

Chassis: No modifications may be made to the chassis system. Vehicle must be raced in its stock form. Original Traxxas Replacement parts, as supplied on original truck, only for damaged/worn parts.

Suspension: Both the front & the rear suspension systems must remain in stock form. Original Traxxas parts only. No aftermarket/Hopup replacement components may be installed.

Legal Tuning Parts –

Original Kit Traxxas Progressive White Shock Springs MUST be used (other spring may be used as they become available and are ment for the slash ONLY)

Shock Cap may be replaced with Alum Shock Cap #2667

Original Traxxas Turnbuckles may be used 3139X, 3139A, 3737, 3737A

Steering: No modifications may be made to the steering system. Original Kit parts only.

Bearings: Any manufacturer Bearing may be used.

Electronics: any electronics may be used. (eg any brushed or brushless ESC. any servo. etc) On board traction/drift device or Gyro’s NOT permitted

Motor: This class is restricted to a stock Traxxas Titan 12T R/C motor, Also stock co27 brushed or 17.5 burshless. (the stock traxxas motor can keep up with the co27, It's just not rebuildable.)

Battery: This class is limited to any 1 - 7.2 volt” Nicad” , “Nimh” made up of 6 “SubC” size cells, or 1 - 2S 7.4 Volt Lipo battery pack. If using a Lipo Battery, a Low Voltage Cutoff Switch MUST be used, since the Traxxas XL-5 speed control does not have a built in Low Volt Cutoff. Also if using a lipo you must only put weight in the battery tray.)

Wheels: Original Traxxas Slash 2.2” wheel or aftermarket slash wheel.

Tires: Original Traxxas 2.2” Slash Tire and Foam or aftermarket slash tire and foam.

Drive line: Only the original Traxxas Drive Train may be used. No aftermarket or Hopup replacement drive components may be installed. Traxxas Steel Planetary Gear Differential , Diff Locking Device or Fluids Permitted. Any of the 3 Traxxas spur gears (4683, 4686, or 8690) are permitted. Any pinion gear that mounts without modifications needed may be used.

Ball Differentials are NOT permitted in the Spec Class
Old 12-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

I read these rules in the knox posting word for word, but you didn't give credit to the original author
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5140465-post4200.html
Old 12-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks WildManDriving for posting these rules here, after you cut & pasted my post from the Knox off road thread, and gave no credit where you got them from.

Poor Form
Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I dont think he was trying to take credit for it tho... just re-posting it..
Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WC
Where's the best (CHEAPEST) place to buy one?

methink Santa's Workshop not returning any calls at the mo
Try Dandy hobbie man..but I think we got the last ones
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Glen...should we start up a slash race at knox,called 'piston cup'..just a fun event,and a trophie in July ?.....Just a 6 month event

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.