Onroad RC in Darwin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Onroad RC in Darwin?

Hi guys,

I'm off to Darwin in the New Year and, of course, will be in need of some RC action to keep my eye in whilst i'm away.

Can anyone tell me if there is any on-road racing up in Darwin? And if so, whereabouts, what classes etc!

Thanks in advance for your help!
NT
Old 12-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Many many many years ago (25 yrs aprox) we raced in the car park of the Marrara Sporting complex (1/8 scale gas & 1/12 scale electric)
but last I heard - racing was up at the Darwin High School Gym hall.
Hopefully someone up there can confirm...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Havago Racing
Many many many years ago (25 yrs aprox) we raced in the car park of the Marrara Sporting complex (1/8 scale gas & 1/12 scale electric)
but last I heard - racing was up at the Darwin High School Gym hall.
Hopefully someone up there can confirm...
I remember that, we were too young (and broke) to race with you guys. We had settle for racing offroad on the new track we built just down the road next to the BMX track.

Last I heard they were racing at the Darwin High School, but that was probably 2003? Give the Toyworld store at Nightcliff a call, that's where I bumped into one of the organisers when I was there in '03.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Cool - thanks guys - guess i'll just have to wait til i get up there and see what i can sniff out!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Just bumping this up to see if i can find anything else out!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That wouldn't be Tony Fisher by chance?
He over here now living in QLD.

I also raced offroad in Darwin even before the move to the 'new' track. We raced on grass across the road from the 'Water Gardens'. I was so broke that my buggy didn't have bearings, just the bushes supplied in the Kit.
My 1/8 scale car was a 2nd hand AE RC300D pan car with an OPS engine. I couldn't keep up with the other cars running very high nitro blended fuel but had alot of fun.

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
I remember that, we were too young (and broke) to race with you guys. We had settle for racing offroad on the new track we built just down the road next to the BMX track.

Last I heard they were racing at the Darwin High School, but that was probably 2003? Give the Toyworld store at Nightcliff a call, that's where I bumped into one of the organisers when I was there in '03.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Havago Racing
That wouldn't be Tony Fisher by chance?
He over here now living in QLD.

I also raced offroad in Darwin even before the move to the 'new' track. We raced on grass across the road from the 'Water Gardens'. I was so broke that my buggy didn't have bearings, just the bushes supplied in the Kit.
My 1/8 scale car was a 2nd hand AE RC300D pan car with an OPS engine. I couldn't keep up with the other cars running very high nitro blended fuel but had alot of fun.
Yep, I raced at the track across the road from the Water gardens as well. I raced a Tamiya Falcon, along with my mate Jason who also raced one. There were Hornets, Grasshoppers, a Super Champ, One bloke who raced a Fox then got a Shumacher Cat when they first came out. Good times