Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store. >

HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
RAST,

I have a brand new Yeah racing 25A ESC with an unmarked 3000kV motor that you can use in your Mini until you get yourself sorted. (It is the same as the Hobbywing ESC) Then just return the system to me. I hate seeing Mini racers missing out

Its good to see a online store helping out a fellow racer thats the way the online store at folt should have handled the situation. Good to see someone out there is looking after the racers, and not there pockets.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

send an email to the online store linking this thread saying, you fug up'd, you fix it, or I will name and shame you online. See if you get a response.

PS. I believe if you had paid with a credit card, then you be covered mishaps like this.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is correct, if the seller cannot provide proof of the goods being recieved, you get your money reimbursed by the bank if you have paid by credit card.

Paypal are useless, as they investigate and find in your favour only to say they cant refund as the seller has no funds in their paypal account.

Name and shame I say.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

The store has read this thread and called me straight away to advise me that if I name them there will be lodge a defimation suit on me. They were very verbal and pissed off.

They are sending out part of the order - ESC and motor combo and finally did send a invoice with the advised express post label that you take off but it neither proves or disproves that it was address correctly.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPaSmUrF
Most online stores I/you/we deal with also have on their terms/conditions that it is the buyers responsibility to insure/register all items - it is at your own risk not to take this option up - of course we all expect them to help to the Nth degree (and they should) but if its in their terms - then noone has the right to gripe when they try to save a couple of bucks on postal insurance (registered or the like) and come off worse for their own gamble.
This is true. I know some that do have these terms in the condition of sale and offer insurance/registered post as an extra. Which is fair. Of course the seller is going to try and help you if things go missing but once it leaves their store if they've made the terms of the sale clear in this regard then they are under no obligation to reimburse you or replace lost goods (many still do anyway).

Originally Posted by RAST
The store has read this thread and called me straight away to advise me that if I name them there will be lodge a defimation suit on me. They were very verbal and pissed off.

They are sending out part of the order - ESC and motor combo and finally did send a invoice with the advised express post label that you take off but it neither proves or disproves that it was address correctly.
Well der. From what you've told us. A parcel ended up at the wrong address. It may not have been the hobby shop's fault. They are investigating, and have contacted Australia Post to find out what has happened. I think you even said they were going to send you part of the order initially, while they investigated further. The invoice for a sale is usually attached to the package so that they would have had to send out another one once they discovered that the parcel was lost (that takes a little time). So it's not like they were stone-walling you.

While you didn't say the name of the store (which is good) the threat was there or at least it could be read that way (which is bad). If they are taking steps to work with you and find out what happened then of course they are going to be annoyed by this situation.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Happy reading!

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/si...uto&meta=%2Fau
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Be very wary of Australia Post this time of year. They're hopeless most times of the year, but they're absolute shockers in November / December.

Last week a package of spares arrived from the US. I was watching the USPS Tracking page throughout its journey. I wasn't at home when the courier supposedly tried to deliver. Unfortunately, the courier did not write down what sort of package he tried to deliver, or the tracking number, on the card he left in my mail box.

When I went to my PO to pick up the package, they wouldn't have a bar of it, because the card hadn't been filled in correctly and there was no package at the PO.

When I returned home to check the USPS tracking page, I discovered, to my horror, that the postie had marked the package as "delivered".

I got on the phone quick smart to Aust Post and lodged a formal complaint. They rang me the next morning to tell me that my parcel was at a PO.....in the next suburb The people behind the counter at this PO had no idea why he delivered my parcel there, or why he marked the tracking note as "delivered".

Bottom line - if I didn't kick up a stink I would've lost several hundred dollars worth of parts and accesories. And there could've been a very happy postie who nicked my parcel - and I wouldn't have had a leg to stand on, because the Hobby Shop could point me to the USPS tracking page that said my parcel was "delivered".

And as far as defamation goes, I don't give a fat rats.....if someone from Australia Post is reading this, maybe you could explain to me what has happened to the Tower Hobbies order that was sent on the 4th November that I never received.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

That sucks bud,

Have you tried punching just the name of your street into google maps. It should come up with a list of suburbs that have that street name. If you get lucky you might be able to write a quick letter to whatever address's come up.... and see if you get a reply.... just trying to help.... oh yeah, just give up the www.au name so we fellow rc'ers don't get ripped too...
Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

you could just name the first and last letters of the store.

They have no case
Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I doubt they could lodge a defamation suit on you if you are just ststing the facts of what and what has not been delivered
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the support guys.

I would love for this to just be finalised - IE - goods recieved.

I take it no one else has had problems with goods being supplied from online suppliers?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

I have checked where in SA it could have been delivered but when the address is -

level 17, 344 Queens st in Brisbane.

There is no number that high that I can see in the where is directory.

So won't be able to find anymore info on this.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastbynature
you could just name the first and last letters of the store.

They have no case
You can name the place where you brought the products from, you just can't tell people what you think of them. Nothing wrong with telling someone where you buy stuff from.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RAST..

May I suggest that you ring the dept of Fair trading in your state, and have a talk to them in regard to what your legal rights are, and where you stand in the whole situation..

I would aslo go into your local PO and ask for a "Complaint form" and fill it in and give it to the Manager of your PO... You may also ask to speak to the manager and see if there is anything that they can do for you in regard to tracing/tracking your package..
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

I have spoken to Australia Post on a number of times.

They say that it is the seller that needs to lodge a complaint as they have all the information.

If you lodge a complaint with them you will get QH number which I have requested from the supplier. They take all the information down being -

What was sent, from where, being sent too, when, how, why, what, also my details which they then call me within 3 days of lodging the QH (at present I have not had a call from Aust Post) to confirm details and get anymore.

I have requested the QH number but yet to received it. Been advised that it will come tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.