Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store. >

HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP - Goods paid for but not received from online Australian Store.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Saint728
Oh cool didn't know that. All I know is Aus Post is useless when it comes to finding packages that have been delivered to the wrong address. They don't really care and won't do much if anything to help you out.

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
You got that right...

Cheers
Old 12-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Yeah Aust post give a tracking number.

As far as Aust Post is concerned they have made a delivery and the goods have been accepted.

nexxus - I would love to advise this information but will in good time.

If anyone has any bad dealings with Australian based online stores then give those details. From local guys that have made purchases from this place have had no problems.

Ashley - Thanks mate. I did look into stopping the transaction but all they do is send a letter asking for the funds back. They don't have to give them back.

I just hope that they do what is right as I can not see how Australia Post and all there scanners and sorting can deliver something to a different state. I can understand maybe the wrong street number but not a different state.

I am yet to receive a invoice for payment as well which I think is a bit suss. I have requested this 3 times in the last few weeks.

It would be nice to have whomever received the goods return them or forward them onto the correct address but this has yet to happen. I guess someone is happy with 2 LIPO batteries and Brushless ESC and motor combo.

I have contacted Aust Post and they have confirmed that it was sent to the Netley (5037) Delivery depo for dispatch somewhere in South Australia. They do not take note of the delivery address and the actual courier driver doesn't either. But then if I got a package I wasn't expecting I would query this before accepting it.

The store has advised that they have had other parcel problems which doesn't give too much reassurance.

If anyone has been in this situation or similar please add your comments.

Last edited by RAST; 12-06-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: wrong spellingplace of delivery in South Aus.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can only find out what the last PO or Delivery Center the parcel went through with Express Post. That is as far as it goes. You should be able to call them and give them the Ref # and they can tell you where it went.

**EDIT** You have done that already. Maybe check and see whether you were given the correct Ref #.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

SchuMi2 - have called and tried this. All they have said is that it has been delivered and that the sender needs to lodge a discrepancy.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re Missing article

My missus is an Australia Post employee, and I have called her in to have a look at what you guys are typing. Are you sure that the express post had the correct post code on it. The actual address might be correct, bar for the post code. They should be scanned in all delivery centres it goes through. (as far as she is aware).The little yellow tab should be taken off by the sender and kept specifically for this sort of mishap, if it does occur. The express post (as far as my wife is aware) is not insurable, but she sent something to victoria, and if she wanted insurance she was told to have it registered, which meant you had to sign for it when it was delivered. It still gave her the security that it would be there in a short time but if it was missing or broken it could be claimed on. Maybe the sender should offer the option of registered post on top of the express which does give piece of mind to know that if it was sent to the wrong address and carded (if the tenant was not home), then after 4 weeks it is sent return to sender, then the sender can contact the original buyer and let them know that it has been returned, not sure if this is helpfull but we have never had any problems with Australia Post not delivering or delivering the wrong items to our house. Cheers
Old 12-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

snappa - thanks for that info.

How can I prove that it was address incorrectly? Does Aust Post keep a copy of the actual address label?

Saying that I would have thought that the business sending the goods would have insurance for stuff like this?

Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Maybe in this thread or start a new one...ask if anyone living near the Netley (5037) Delivery depo, and has received a parcel with the 2 lipo's & EZ Run Brushless combo in it, return it to the sender so they can send it to the correct address. Hopefully it is someone on here otherwise name the store(might be the only way) or ask for your money/replacement goods to be sent(I guess you have already tried)

Good Luck
Old 12-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Mmmmm ... online store that sold you a brushless ESC combo and lipos ... and your new car is a Mini .. that shortens the list of online stores

AS an online store I use Australia Post and yes I have had parcels go astray. In cases like this you just have to cough up and wear the loss as the retailer. But I also do understand the online store being wary ... you would be surprised some of the tricks tried by people
Old 12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re Missing article

With Express Post items it is hard, she is only a posty but has been with Aust post for 11 years off and on, the sender should have kept the little yellow tracking number. That would get scanned into centres when it arrives (you would think it would be) Where she works they are scanned in on arrival. Express gets there quicker but Registered requires a signature and is $2.70. Aust Post have paper work on them as they need to be filled out to be sent but I doubt the express does. If I were you from now on have stuff sent normal mail, But REGISTERED. Small price to pay when you spend big dollars on stuff like this. She doesn't know alot of the retail side which is where you are dealing with but knows a little. Sorry can't be much more help. Good luck in finding your stuff. Maybe the sender as quoted in other messages on here have written the wrong address but are saying otherwise, but could also have written right address wrong postcode, that is where the initial scanning process starts, the postcode. She thinks Express post is handled seperately to ordinary mail, normally they only take out small articals, the parcels are deliverd by parcel contractors.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Cannon - Thanks for the information. Your wording can be taken many ways.

"In cases like this you just have to cough up and wear the loss as the retailer"

Are you saying the store should be replacing this?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

snappa - thanks for the information. Every bit helps.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

RAST ... yes I am saying that the retailer should wear it.

I have had a couple of cases where parcels have gone astray. In some circumstances Australia Post has delivered but the parcel was stolen before the new opwner could get it. Another time the parcel just vanished and was replaced ... only to turn up weeks later at the buyer [/I]
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default posting dramas

Originally Posted by cannon
Mmmmm ... online store that sold you a brushless ESC combo and lipos ... and your new car is a Mini .. that shortens the list of online stores

AS an online store I use Australia Post and yes I have had parcels go astray. In cases like this you just have to cough up and wear the loss as the retailer. But I also do understand the online store being wary ... you would be surprised some of the tricks tried by people
Sorry for your loss, thats why we should always buy from the good guy's

Hi Greg
Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Cannon - Thanks for clearing that up. I would think a happy customer is a repeat customer and one who would recommend you to others.

Will know for next time that I will request registered post for sure.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon

Cannon I don't think anyone should be pointing fingers at who it is except the person directly involved, I have a rough idea who you are referring to, and I have dealt with both you and him with no dramas (although I will add, even getting a reply email from you can become a bit of a mission, wheras the other guy does reply in a more timely fashion.... I'm just speaking from my experience dude!)

Lets just hope the buyer gets what he paid for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.