Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
1.8 1.10 gp on road perth [new track] >

1.8 1.10 gp on road perth [new track]

1.8 1.10 gp on road perth [new track]

Old 11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To my knowledge the WARMCMCC gear you speak of is still used by West Coast in Electric Off Road and Electric On Road club meets.
The gear used at Westcoast offroad and onroad belongs to Westcoast we share the timing gear between the two.

Andrew
Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet, i know a few "old" members who might be interested in a fresh start.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

be nice to know the names of some people here, like shags and driftnerd.
seems to be ok to hang shit on the OLD bayswater comittee . not everyone shares the same views. i for one would love to see a track here again in perth, who wouldnt. far cheaper than to drive down to bunbury to keep racing. yes people are stil racing , and they are the ones who would definatley put their hands up. but seriously, how about some facts about the land, the surrounding areas, and how much of a lease that can be gained for the location. the club has funds, but it is the clubs funds. would be a shame to hand out that cash for a 2-3 year project that gets us back to where we are right now, with nothing, but with even less money. so all this old club new club is bulshit. how about we just get things up and running if the land is "so called secured, with no noise issues" maybe then the club can head in a direction to help with the development. but it has to be at least a 15-20 year lease, and in a zone where it will be safe to possibly renew the lease after that period. so lets stop bashing, and put it into perspective and get something done about it hey. there will be more hands going up when something is worth moving forward for.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
be nice to know the names of some people here, like shags and driftnerd.
seems to be ok to hang shit on the OLD bayswater comittee . not everyone shares the same views. i for one would love to see a track here again in perth, who wouldnt. far cheaper than to drive down to bunbury to keep racing. yes people are stil racing , and they are the ones who would definatley put their hands up. but seriously, how about some facts about the land, the surrounding areas, and how much of a lease that can be gained for the location. the club has funds, but it is the clubs funds. would be a shame to hand out that cash for a 2-3 year project that gets us back to where we are right now, with nothing, but with even less money. so all this old club new club is bulshit. how about we just get things up and running if the land is "so called secured, with no noise issues" maybe then the club can head in a direction to help with the development. but it has to be at least a 15-20 year lease, and in a zone where it will be safe to possibly renew the lease after that period. so lets stop bashing, and put it into perspective and get something done about it hey. there will be more hands going up when something is worth moving forward for.
Now thats the best comment I have seen in this thread!

It seems we have two groups wanting to set up, one at Rockingham which I believe is at the old tip (which can't be developed residentially for a number of years due to environmental reasons hence the land is "available") and has some pretty cluey guys organising things, and has a bit of support.

And this one, which, to be honest seems very, well, vague! Who's the sponsor? Where is the land? Maybe if people know where it is they can offer better ideas?

My personal thoughts are that the Perth area maybe can't support two nitro tracks? Rockingham seems further along and better organised from what I have seen, so if I was asked to pick one to support.....

Anyway good luck with it all guys.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Heya guys, cant actualy see anything in any comment ive made that might be construed as a "bash", "slag", or otherwise negative comment.
I do know where the proposed site is, i wont name it as i didnt start this thread and have had nothing to do with organising it thus far, as i stated earlier, i responded to a thread asking who was interested in getting a gas club going. ( I know Bunbury have a track, this site is closer to Perth)
If WARCMCC is organising a track, sweet, crank the web site back up and let people know whats going on, i had a fantastic time at WARCMCC for the 7 years i was a member ( 3 as treasurer).
If some one still has something to do with WARCMCC maybe they should contact Driftnerd and have a yak to him and see if something can be sorted out with the site he is looking into.

Cheers, Aaron PASCOE (I've shown you mine, gonna show me yours? )
Old 11-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alot of rumours on this thread.

AdvFuel is 100% correct on whats involved in organising a new track / land.

Amazingly enough not everyone lives on these forums, if you guys want help from the current WARCMCC comittee, maybe you should get on the phone and contact them.

WARCMCC still own all their gear and have only lent out various bits and pieces to various clubs. ( Not RC Clubs).

I am sure I speak for everyone that was racing at WARCMCC that there would be nothing better than a new track. Unfortunately we have not found suitable land as of yet.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

it wasnt actually aimed at you. more so driftnerd. i found it alarming that he considers the comittee not interested in getting up and running agian, which isnt the case at all. dealing with councils is a painfull process, just when we are getting close to finalising a new location, its quickly taken away. i must have started after you left the club, im known as Patto.
just all club matters should be handled in a proper manner, and one advised by driftnerd to submitt a formal letter regarding the location and etc etc, which hasnt happened. so if help is needed get that letter done Phill.. you know the saying, Build it and they will come. more info with the matter would be goog , and in writing to the club, we all want to be racing locally again.
Originally Posted by Shagnasties
Heya guys, cant actualy see anything in any comment ive made that might be construed as a "bash", "slag", or otherwise negative comment.
I do know where the proposed site is, i wont name it as i didnt start this thread and have had nothing to do with organising it thus far, as i stated earlier, i responded to a thread asking who was interested in getting a gas club going. ( I know Bunbury have a track, this site is closer to Perth)
If WARCMCC is organising a track, sweet, crank the web site back up and let people know whats going on, i had a fantastic time at WARCMCC for the 7 years i was a member ( 3 as treasurer).
If some one still has something to do with WARCMCC maybe they should contact Driftnerd and have a yak to him and see if something can be sorted out with the site he is looking into.

Cheers, Aaron PASCOE (I've shown you mine, gonna show me yours? )
Old 11-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i could go on and on and on tabor
i personaly called you a number of times you directed me to chris
chris wont take my calls and wont respond to emails now i cant send a letter to the club coz apparantly its via chris

long story short its land were there will nevery be no noise issues its 35 mins from every were in the cbd[just about]
the lease has the oppatunity to go longer than it ever was at bayswater

i have a meeting next week were the land can be location will be discussed further
if the old club is still going it would be nice to announce a annual agm wich new commitee members can or will be vited in and an annual secutaries report should be shown.

now if every one is keen to get a track up and running put ya hands up its about time we worked together not against each other
Old 11-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Common Goal

I am an old member of the WARCMCC and have served on the Committee before. I think people should concerntrate on working together for the common goal of building a new track. I know of a few people who are interested in getting a track up and going. So you can count me in.

Last edited by Teammack; 11-13-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Good luck guys. I will concentrate on our second venue.
Cant wait for a nitro series again Perth Vs The window lickers .
Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advfuel
Good luck guys. I will concentrate on our second venue.
Cant wait for a nitro series again Perth Vs The window lickers .
Window lickers nice one Mr P................
Old 11-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Are you going to consider including the Electric guys, or is it going to be just a nitro track?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Window lickers nice one Mr P................
When a bunbury guy wins 1/8. We are all lickers mate.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driftnerd
i could go on and on and on tabor
i personaly called you a number of times you directed me to chris
chris wont take my calls and wont respond to emails now i cant send a letter to the club coz apparantly its via chris

long story short its land were there will nevery be no noise issues its 35 mins from every were in the cbd[just about]
the lease has the oppatunity to go longer than it ever was at bayswater

i have a meeting next week were the land can be location will be discussed further
if the old club is still going it would be nice to announce a annual agm wich new commitee members can or will be vited in and an annual secutaries report should be shown.

now if every one is keen to get a track up and running put ya hands up its about time we worked together not against each other
Can you please answer these few questions driftnerd. So I can get a understanding of what you actually know.

What is a “annual secutaries report” and why does it have to be shown?

Who can attend the WARCMCC’s AGM?

What is the noise limit allowed on the weekends?

To what email address have you been sending your letters too?

How long was the Bayswater lease for?

I don’t understand why you can’t disclose the location. I don’t think you have one.

Last edited by Boz; 11-14-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

..or this mystery sponsor for that matter.

Look good idea, but it all seems a bit too much talk and not enough info.

So call me a +1 in questioning why you can't (or won't) disclose who the sponsor is and where the land is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.