Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORRCA QLD 2008 GAS TOURER CHAMPIONSHIP

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

If anyone needs a gas car for this event let me know as I have two for sale. A Kyosho Vone SII and an SIII, $180 for the SII and $200 for the SIII both in great nick.
Cheers
Adrian
Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAST
Is a LIPO cut out required for the mini class???

The use of Lipo Cut out is recommended.
Charging as per Interclub / Orrac rules

Approved Lipo batteries will be those that appear on the following Lists,

Interclub Rules 2008 see action RC.
ORRCA Battery List.
Roar Battery List.

Shane
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

First Paid Entries received for both classes will get Pole Position for first round Heats.

IE 1st TG entry No 1 heat 1. 2nd TG no 1 heat 2 ect.
1st Mini entry No 1 heat 1. 2nd Mini no 1 heat 2 ect

Who will be FIRST to Cross the Start Line

Only 45 more sleeps.

The Rat
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I agree with you about cheating, but don't have any input into the Interclub series other than what I can ask my club's Interclub Representative to put forward to the rest of the Reps. You should do the same, and tell Martin about your concerns.

I forgot to mention to Mitchell that Lola and Le Mans bodies don't fit most 1/10 scale gas cars, unless you fit special front bumper parts. The only rolling chassis that I know for sure that you can get special Le Mans front parts for is the G4. The idea with this class as far as I''m concerned, is to make it cheap and easy to enter; races with Le Mans type bodies are probably better at club level at this stage, if a club can get enough people interested in the concept. I also believe that MTX4s have some other problems where Le Mans bodies don’t work too well, for those who tried to do their own modifications. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Hey folks, I think that a Lola on a TG based power supply is an excellent idea. I run a TM lemans converted to touring and I can still mount my lola. Mind the fact that the foam bumber I use is slimmer. Using the lola bodies on a slower power plant should make for a very drivable car, we've tested the tourer wih the Lola + TG on it at Brendale and the performance is awesome and drivability very much improved.

Downfall is that you will scratch the heat sink unless you dont roll it or use the smarties on the head.

Cheers
Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

I agree Blis, I have a LOLA mounted on my MTX3 with the different bumper. I think we could probably try to convince John T for next years event.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where
can i buy these motors in qld as would like to have a run at this event

Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

hey Goldyracer

You might struggle to pick them up locally new. Your best bet is probably Chickentrader further up in this thread as he sells a fair bit of RC gear for the gas tourer class. You might be lucky to pick up a second hand motor in wanted to buy as well. RC Mushroom were the cheapest I've seen but since the dollar as sky rocketed it's probably not worth it.

Good Luck!

Cheers
Adrian
Old 10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
hey Goldyracer

You might struggle to pick them up locally new. Your best bet is probably Chickentrader further up in this thread as he sells a fair bit of RC gear for the gas tourer class. You might be lucky to pick up a second hand motor in wanted to buy as well. RC Mushroom were the cheapest I've seen but since the dollar as sky rocketed it's probably not worth it.

Good Luck!

Cheers
Adrian
I have a few O.S. 12 TG engines still in customs at the moment, and I'm importing more. The fact is that I'm embarrassed about the price that I can offer the engines at; the dollar has dropped from close to an even US.dollar to
US$ 0.66 last week! My own recommendation is that you try your local Toyworld or Trackside RC first, I cannot match the prices that they would sell old stock for. Toyworld at Warana on the Sunny coat had a pull start TG for about $230.00 last week, and their bumpstart only engines would most likely be the same price. Grab one while you can, if they have them at that price, their prices are set to also reflect the dollar value when they re-stock. Post a message on the forum at chickentrading.com (no WWWs), if you want one from me. I will be adding them to the shop in the next few days. I hope the have Paypal working on the website tommorrow morning.

Also; to anyone that reads this post: My involvement with ORRCA is not related to my trading in RC parts. ORRCA cannot be not be blamed for possible disappointing results when purchasing from me. However; I will do my best to satisfy all those who deal with me.

kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a few O.S. 12 TG engines still in customs at the moment, and I'm importing more. The fact is that I'm embarrassed about the price that I can offer the engines at; the dollar has dropped from close to an even US.dollar to
US$ 0.66 last week! My own recommendation is that you try your local Toyworld or Trackside RC first, I cannot match the prices that they would sell old stock for. Toyworld at Warana on the Sunny coat had a pull start TG for about $230.00 last week, and their bumpstart only engines would most likely be the same price. Grab one while you can, if they have them at that price, their prices are set to also reflect the dollar value when they re-stock. Post a message on the forum at chickentrading.com (no WWWs), if you want one from me. I will be adding them to the shop in the next few days. I hope the have Paypal working on the website tommorrow morning.

Also; to anyone that reads this post: My involvement with ORRCA is not related to my trading in RC parts. ORRCA cannot be not be blamed for possible disappointing results when purchasing from me. However; I will do my best to satisfy all those who deal with me.

kindest regards,
Lars.

I know exactly what your saying, the Aussie dolla stinks at the moment............everywhere is out of stock...etc....ARGHHHHHHHH.....

Ill grab one off you, just Pm me when you have the exact price you can do em for.

Cheers mate

Aaron L
Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think my first TG cost me about $120...

Ahh the "good old days"
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goldyracer
Where
can i buy these motors in qld as would like to have a run at this event

Thanks
I'll be adding some to my store at chickentrading.com tomorrrow. I'm sorry about the price - can't do better right now.

kindest regards,
Lars,
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be adding some to my store at chickentrading.com tomorrow. I'm sorry about the price - can't do better right now.

Kindest regards,
Lars,
Website has been updated with engines added. Check our prices for other things if you don't like the price of the 12TGs, you might feel better about the other prices.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Only 4 weeks to go.

Who will be ORRCA Qld Gas Tourer Champ 2008.

Who will win the MINI Cup

Get those entries in
Attached Files
Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Harris RC

I would like to thank Tony from Harris RC for his Support with this event.

Harris RC has donated a few items for the raffle.

Bro-Kin Racing Group for their offer as well.

Entries have started to come in.

Get yours in soon !

Saturday 8th Club Night will be a great time for practice for this event.

See you all soon

Shane

Last edited by Swamp Rat; 10-29-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Really looking forward to this meeting. Mini guys, get your entries in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.