Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Thoughts on new TC class >

Thoughts on new TC class

Thoughts on new TC class

Old 09-14-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

OK - do away with Seniors class but also do away with the current Stock motor. I raced this motor today and it stinks.... it runs so hot that you will fry the motor in no time flat......so it is really false economy. Find a motor that will last better
Old 09-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

BTW - I am not criticising senior races as I am one of them. At the time of introduction of this class it had the result of bringing more senior racers to meetings. They entered more classes and at one stage they had the second largest following behind 2WD stock (offroad)
Old 09-14-2003, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally posted by cannon
OK - do away with Seniors class but also do away with the current Stock motor. I raced this motor today and it stinks.... it runs so hot that you will fry the motor in no time flat......so it is really false economy. Find a motor that will last better
If you remove “540 Stock Motor” you'll run the risk of affecting your entry level classes. Most beginners’ show up to a race meeting with the motor that came with the kit, and if they are refused entry to racing but have the option of spending $80.00 for a Re-buildable on there very first meeting it could be catastrophic.

The "Beginner Classes" are the life blood of our sport.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default who in Auss sell these motors

our club is looking at these 19t fixed timimg motors to replace our club spec 16x3 GM motors. The 16x3 is a quick motor but we find that we no longer can get GM armutes. We do not have a 540 class as we dump them early this year.
What brands of 19t fixed timing machine would motors are currently sold in Australia , who sells them and how much is the retail price. Are there armutes avaible for these motors . What RPM are they.
Our club which so far this year have 15 diffent people racing so it is not a big club and needs to race only one class.
The other reason that this class is being consided is that if our drivers wish to race in Adelaide some 400km away we could then race in a class that is already being raced.
If a newcomer wanted to race with a 540 motor which he got with his car we would let him do so - its better to let him learn with a slower motor than not encouge a new driver
Old 09-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

when it was anounced that groupe 20 was to be dropped it was all the seniors who said it would be the end of off road, ha i said to that then and look at it now. the only thing i didnt get was why not make seniors go to stock???? anyho i could see 19t been a good replacment for groupe 20 so you have more than one manufacturer. could be a good thing for on road too as the roll outs and temps you guys are putting those poor little stock motors through is crazy.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

I think that you will find that Custom Model Cars have access/or stock the 19T motor. Give them a call.
I am not against amy motor class that can provide relatively cheap racing. Because a motor is slightly dearer to buy initially doesn't mean the class is more expensive. In the "good old days" when we started Group 20, I used one can and two armatures for the whole year - hardly expensive in comparison to the Stock motors at the time that you had to replace all the time or you found you got a dud stock.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

bk - like all sports/hobbies on this earth, your reflexes , eyesight etc slow as you get older.
Thats right
OK - do away with Seniors class
Then the younger guys will get all narky, like they are in on road at the moment. The on road guys want me to run in seniors Watch out for the CANNON, he's getting his tallent back real quick
Old 09-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

I think we should do away with seniors class for the roorda tour meetings, to bring up the numbers in the other classes, but still run seniors at state titles and national events, where more old dudes seem to turn up.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

also do away with the current Stock motor. I raced this motor today and it stinks.... it runs so hot that you will fry the motor in no time flat......so it is really false economy. Find a motor that will last better
Obviously you dont understand gearing?
Old 09-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

ChrisO

I hardly think running 23/81 on a B4 is overgearing!!! There is a reason why these motors are cheaper than hand wound.... they offer inferior performance for the dollar

BTW - how long have you been racing?
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Fastolfart - I hope you are talking about driving skills and not the ability to abuse the other drivers, marshalls etc
Old 09-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hardly think running 23/81 on a B4 is overgearing!!! There is a reason why these motors are cheaper than hand wound.... they offer inferior performance for the dollar
Try rewinding your stock armature by hand, and I bet it will still run just as hot. There just simply is too much advance and not enough iron in my opinion...

ps. I dont race off-road but I suppose 9:1 for stop/start type work shouldnt run super hot should it? But did you try even shorter gearing?
Old 09-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

the ability to abuse the other drivers, marshalls etc
I thought I was pretty tallented at this, till I met canon

Thought to laugh at, Seniors yelling to the Marshall's FASTER FASTER
(when they think they move quicker)
Old 09-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

ChrisO

BTW - how long have you been racing?
ahhh about 1 and a half years... maybe more

I think that you may of gotten a dud stocker, iv seen some run lower than 5 and not over heat
Old 09-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by ChrisO
ahhh about 1 and a half years... maybe more

I think that you may of gotten a dud stocker, iv seen some run lower than 5 and not over heat
Most people wont remeber the loose cannon, but he has raced for years, and is now making a comeback (RC is trult addictive)

Im sure he has some idea of how to gear a motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.