R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #751
Tech Regular
 
InfieldRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dog House
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOKS View Post
What is that horrible sound?? I think it may be an out of tune violin!!
Isn't it past your bedtime already
__________________
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd - www.premiermodelsupplies.com
Mayhem Racing Products - www.mayhemracingproducts.com
InfieldRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #752
Tech Regular
 
bobbitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: way up there
Posts: 278
Talking What's that smell?

Geee. The Bull is running hot tonight!!!

We dont need an ear for tuning cause our cars are tuned perfectly.
Oh and it's not a violin.....It's an ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!!!



After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
__________________
You might run a Two-stroke.....But I run a Rotary!!

Where did you learn to whisper?...A sawmill???
bobbitrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #753
Tech Master
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbitrc View Post
Geee. The Bull is running hot tonight!!!

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
__________________
~Kym Nuske~
RCHobbyzone.com.au / Model Motorsports International
Mugen Seiki 1/8, Reds, Neo+ Fuels
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:57 AM   #754
Tech Regular
 
deflated ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FNQ
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfieldRacer View Post
Dale they're pickin on us mate

Sticks n stones may break my car but nitros will never catch me
sorry for not jumping into the mud slinging Damo i've been away for the week looks like every one's a bit restless only a couple more days until the green flag drops, & the BS stops. it seems every one is on the soap box chest puffed out and beating it like mad (chest that is )
I had a couple of days at a Boot camp, meditation , massages, quiet relaxing surroundings , it has help me control my breathing & im now able to slow my heart rate down, when things around me get hectic, many ppl turn to prescription drugs but i have mastered the art of self control much like Bruce Lee im told by a reliable source these ability's will improve my lap times and control of the Sub Sonic RC8TE by no less than 3 seconds a lap.
Possibly its a bit unsporting having unmatched self control and running a wheelie pulling battery car!

see you sunday, ive got some incense and yoga mats if any one wants to get in touch with their inner self !
deflated ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #755
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cairns --the only place to be
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflated ego View Post
sorry for not jumping into the mud slinging Damo i've been away for the week looks like every one's a bit restless only a couple more days until the green flag drops, & the BS stops. it seems every one is on the soap box chest puffed out and beating it like mad (chest that is )
I had a couple of days at a Boot camp, meditation , massages, quiet relaxing surroundings , it has help me control my breathing & im now able to slow my heart rate down, when things around me get hectic, many ppl turn to prescription drugs but i have mastered the art of self control much like Bruce Lee im told by a reliable source these ability's will improve my lap times and control of the Sub Sonic RC8TE by no less than 3 seconds a lap.
Possibly its a bit unsporting having unmatched self control and running a wheelie pulling battery car!

see you sunday, ive got some incense and yoga mats if any one wants to get in touch with their inner self !
Jeez sounds like someones been getting in touch with part of their outer self there was I thinking good car control came down to having both hands on the controller .
Why is it that the best fishing weather coincides with race days--decisions decisions !!
__________________
If you're gunna be an idiot--be a big un'
Racing is sometimes like sex --coming first does'nt always make you a winner !!
village idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #756
Tech Regular
 
InfieldRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dog House
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflated ego View Post
sorry for not jumping into the mud slinging Damo i've been away for the week looks like every one's a bit restless only a couple more days until the green flag drops, & the BS stops. it seems every one is on the soap box chest puffed out and beating it like mad (chest that is )
I had a couple of days at a Boot camp, meditation , massages, quiet relaxing surroundings , it has help me control my breathing & im now able to slow my heart rate down, when things around me get hectic, many ppl turn to prescription drugs but i have mastered the art of self control much like Bruce Lee im told by a reliable source these ability's will improve my lap times and control of the Sub Sonic RC8TE by no less than 3 seconds a lap.
Possibly its a bit unsporting having unmatched self control and running a wheelie pulling battery car!

see you sunday, ive got some incense and yoga mats if any one wants to get in touch with their inner self !
Hey thanks for the pic from your couple days away.

Those candles look soooo.... relaxing, you look totally self controlled aswell.

See you Sunday
Attached Thumbnails
Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread-dales-massage.jpg  
__________________
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd - www.premiermodelsupplies.com
Mayhem Racing Products - www.mayhemracingproducts.com

Last edited by InfieldRacer; 05-21-2010 at 07:54 PM.
InfieldRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #757
Tech Regular
 
deflated ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FNQ
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default .

It's quite hard to get your heart rate down when your in a vulnerable possition like that, that was one of many tests I had you can't actually see the wire and probe. She tried all the tricks in the book to break me, can't go into details here it's a family forum.
deflated ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #758
Tech Regular
 
bobbitrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: way up there
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflated ego View Post
that was one of many tests I had you can't actually see the wire and probe. She tried all the tricks in the book to break me
Do you wish to report a close encounter with a UFO?

Or was it those nitro guys trying to buy a win tomorrow?
__________________
You might run a Two-stroke.....But I run a Rotary!!

Where did you learn to whisper?...A sawmill???
bobbitrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #759
Tech Master
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflated ego View Post
sorry for not jumping into the mud slinging Damo i've been away for the week looks like every one's a bit restless only a couple more days until the green flag drops, & the BS stops. it seems every one is on the soap box chest puffed out and beating it like mad (chest that is )
I had a couple of days at a Boot camp, meditation , massages, quiet relaxing surroundings , it has help me control my breathing & im now able to slow my heart rate down, when things around me get hectic, many ppl turn to prescription drugs but i have mastered the art of self control much like Bruce Lee im told by a reliable source these ability's will improve my lap times and control of the Sub Sonic RC8TE by no less than 3 seconds a lap.
Possibly its a bit unsporting having unmatched self control and running a wheelie pulling battery car!

see you sunday, ive got some incense and yoga mats if any one wants to get in touch with their inner self !
Is it puffed out chests, or puffed out packs . I know my Nitro truggy doesn't puff it's tank out, maybe that's what I need it to do
__________________
~Kym Nuske~
RCHobbyzone.com.au / Model Motorsports International
Mugen Seiki 1/8, Reds, Neo+ Fuels
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #760
Tech Regular
 
SNOOKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cairns, Australia
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
Is it puffed out chests, or puffed out packs . I know my Nitro truggy doesn't puff it's tank out, maybe that's what I need it to do
Voltage is like water pressure! too much pressure and the "tank" puffs up. and NO, I haven't gone to bed yet!!!
__________________
Tide and Time wait for no man.......Gone Fishing!!
SNOOKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #761
Tech Regular
 
AANGELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairns
Posts: 378
Talking Re: The Days Racing

Yet another sweet day of racing. I really enjoyed the Truggy racing - it was real tight and fast. Can't wait till next fortnight, when we do it all again. Hopefully Mick will have his new 1/8th Buggy in racing condition .

I really like how the track was starting to groove up towards the end of the day. Tonnes of grip and little dust - that's how you want it .
__________________
Anthony,

Mayhem Racing Products
Premier Model Supplies
AANGELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #762
Tech Regular
 
deflated ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FNQ
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ..

Good racing today guys what a blast, sooo glad i got into the Truggy class its a real rush, cant wait for the next meeting.
I'm hoping to organize the Machines for some work on the weekend while the suns shining, it would be good to widen the triples, prep the table top and sort out the drainage pits in that area so the cars dont go into the holes, im not sure what you all think but the surface like AA said was getting grooved up but a few places that the bobcat went in the wet has made it pretty rough. some love in these places is needed as well im thinking. we might lose the shiny surface in these areas until we roll the crap out of it.
any way positive feedback and a few hands on deck when we get out there to make improvements will be appreciated.
Im thinking it will take at least 4-5 hrs to widen the triples alone (done properly.) we will have over 4.5 on the top of the jumps and about .6 for the marshal if all works to plan... any way enough blaah blah
cant wait for next meet
looks like the Area 51 is going to crush the opposition this year
deflated ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 AM   #763
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

good fun race day with a top bunch of guys thats minus the mechanical issues I had , we need to get some shade up on the drivers stand copped some sun today
catchas next time
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #764
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflated ego View Post
Good racing today guys what a blast, sooo glad i got into the Truggy class its a real rush, cant wait for the next meeting.
I'm hoping to organize the Machines for some work on the weekend while the suns shining, it would be good to widen the triples, prep the table top and sort out the drainage pits in that area so the cars dont go into the holes, im not sure what you all think but the surface like AA said was getting grooved up but a few places that the bobcat went in the wet has made it pretty rough. some love in these places is needed as well im thinking. we might lose the shiny surface in these areas until we roll the crap out of it.
any way positive feedback and a few hands on deck when we get out there to make improvements will be appreciated.
Im thinking it will take at least 4-5 hrs to widen the triples alone (done properly.) we will have over 4.5 on the top of the jumps and about .6 for the marshal if all works to plan... any way enough blaah blah
cant wait for next meet
looks like the Area 51 is going to crush the opposition this year
theres a few truck loads of good red clay down at the cemetary waiting to get give me call to discuss a few things also that job at the school through the week
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #765
Tech Regular
 
MCR82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gordonvale, QLD
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AANGELL View Post
Hopefully Mick will have his new 1/8th Buggy in racing condition .
I'll try my best at getting it to race condition, building & running in wont be the problem - it's painting the body shell, just went looking for my airbrush & cant find it. Don't know what I'm going to do........
__________________
MMI - RC Hobbyzone - Mugen Seiki - Neo + Fuels - AKA Australia - M2C - Phoenix Hobbies
MCR82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAIRNS ONROAD RACING out-of-control Australian Racing 63 08-28-2008 12:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net