Search

2008 AARCMCC Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2008 AARCMCC EP Onroad 1/10th Nationals

OK, here are the details:

The RC Clubs of the ACT are proud to anounce that the 2008 AARCMCC Nationals will be held... in Canberra at the Kambah track on November 22 and 23.

At this stage all AARCMCC classes expect 1/12th are confirmed and we plan to run demo classes for Mini and 540 tourers.

I can't confirm the track at this stage, we were looking at running in a car park at EPIC (near the indoor track) but an opportunity to make use of the Kambah track as presented itsself and we are in negotiations with the ACT Government/current owners for access to the site.

Please ask your questions in this thread and as I can confirm details this thread will be updated.

Last edited by nerdling; 09-19-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has the control tire been chosen?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default 2008 Nationals

Nerdling,
Thanks for starting the 2008 EP road National thread.
Just a couple of points:
Changing the venue 2 1/2 months prior to the event... please chech the AARCMRCC rule 2.2.2.
Secondly it is a requirement to run 1/12th scale at a National event. (Full Stop)

Peter Ellis YGPM & Email.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damit
Changing the venue 2 1/2 months prior to the event... please chech the AARCMRCC rule 2.2.2.
Secondly it is a requirement to run 1/12th scale at a National event. (Full Stop)

Peter Ellis YGPM & Email.

2.2.2 The Venue for the next Nationals will be announced at the previous years AGM. A member of the hosting club must be at this AGM with a detailed submission on how the event will be run. Failure to comply with this will cause the Nationals to be offered to the next State in line.

It doesnt say it can be changed.

Is there somewhere that is says what classes are to be run at an event?

Just my 2c
Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there somewhere that is says what classes are to be run at an event?

EP onroad 3.0
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

That is just the classes covered by the Technical Rules
not what is to be run a Nationals Event
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a bunch of wingers.... Why don't some of you guys put your hands up and run the nationals instead? At least someone is putting in the effort to make it happen so good on em.

I wouldn't recommend 12th scale at either track due to the jumps and pot holes that those tracks have... Although if it goes to the old Kambah track you can dodge the jumps (well 3 years ago anyway)
Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Going off last years Nationals there was only 5 12th scales running anyway
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RIKSTR
Going off last years Nationals there was only 5 12th scales running anyway
True, there was six entries but only five runners. We had 11 at the State Titles in July at the same track.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
What a bunch of wingers.... Why don't some of you guys put your hands up and run the nationals instead? At least someone is putting in the effort to make it happen so good on em.

I wouldn't recommend 12th scale at either track due to the jumps and pot holes that those tracks have... Although if it goes to the old Kambah track you can dodge the jumps (well 3 years ago anyway)
To be fair, it has to be pointed out that this is not possible, as each state is allocated a go in order, and as the only ACT club the indoor club has taken u the bat. While the guys have shown to run a good indoor race meeting, their eligibility to hold the event should have been withdrawn as they do not have a suitable track. I guess historically there has been a 1:1 relationship of club to track, which is not the case in this instance.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default 2008 Nationals

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

As a South Australian, S.A can not put our hand up to hold a National event as we held it in 2007.
As far as wingers goes, do you think it is being properly organised?
You mention pot holes, bumps and dodge jumps, it would be good to know these things before I decide to enter the event , book accommodation, flights ect....
How about someone telling all interstate guys & girls more details.
Regardless of how many 1/12th scales entered last years event, 1/12th should be in this event, remember its the Nationals not a state event.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RIKSTR
That is just the classes covered by the Technical Rules
not what is to be run a Nationals Event
surely a AARCMCC class should be run at a AARCMCC event, before any demo class.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As a South Australian, S.A can not put our hand up to hold a National event as we held it in 2007.
You mention pot holes, bumps and dodge jumps, it would be good to know these things before I decide to enter the event , book accommodation, flights ect....
Regardless of how many 1/12th scales entered last years event, 1/12th should be in this event, remember its the Nationals not a state event.
Kambah + nationals = AWESOME. Kambah is one of the best tracks in Aust.
(full stop)
Old 08-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

As has been said before, as info is available it will be released to the maddening crowd. As the guy who is in conversation with the powers that be(i.e ACT Govt.) we are very close to being able to confirm arrangements, but will NOT go down the path of making an announcement before it can be confirmed. Either way it will be held in the ACT, regardless of what track is availiable, so if you are coming start making travel plans.....The option of the Kambah track was only brought up in the last few days and we have tried to get it sorted as fast as possible.

As far as 12th goes, the Kambah track will take them, but there are some small sections that may cause the little cars to become a bit loose(TC's do not seem to have the problems), and if possible I have been investigating possible solutions for the surface, but once again, the area is owned and maintained by the local government and they will need to be consulted before any work is done. The kambah track is generally in good order and will be sprayed with traction addiditve to further help. If kambah is not availiable then the area at EPIC which has been booked probably will not support 12th, I know one guy tried his car out during the challenge cup-not sure of the results though....the surface looks to me to be too rough/inconsistent to support pan cars, but I do not have much exposure to this class of racing so could be wrong.

The club that has traditionally held the sanction on road events in the ACT has recently been wound up, and the other two local clubs have been working pretty hard to make sure the event will be a sucess, but time to organise has been short and we are going as fast as we can to make it happen, just give us a week or so and all should be revealed

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
surely a AARCMCC class should be run at a AARCMCC event, before any demo class.
No use running a class if it is going to be a farce like when it was at QLD(i.e no traction on the track, no goop allowed and only a few runners) or last year with only 5 competiors-winning a national title with less than a full A main entry list seems to be a pretty pointless exercise IMO, and aarcmcc seem to agree stating that a minimum of eight entires per class must be recieved for the event to be sanctioned-general rules section 2.8.4. There will most likely be enough support from local drivers to run 12th anyway, as quite a few of us have just gotten cars, but if it will be worth the investment of time and money, that is a call only you people, the racers, can make for yourselves. As far as demo classes being given preference, not too sure about that, but there is not doubt that they will be heavily supported if included in the schedule. Both 540 and mini have been the most popular class at the challenge cup this year, accounting for about half of all entries for the four rounds held.

As I have said-show some paitence and everything will be ok

I agree with you Steve, kambah + nationals = AWSOME, but only if people give us a chance
Old 08-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A small club is putting in the effort... Give them a chance and you won't be dissapointed
These problems are relative to 12th scale.... The epic track location has a poor surface but will make for a very good TC race... As for 12th scale... There are many damaged sections on the surface that will rock a TC but throw a 12th scale. Add to that the surface will take at least 2 good days to pick up enuf for 12th to have decent grip.... This is just the reality of the surface...

As for Kambah... well I doubt there will be VHT if we go there plus I have been told the track is very bumpy by ppl who have been out that way in recent times... I would not prefer this track as I have run and seen others run rubber on this track with poor performance... Things have come a long way since then but I would rather go to epic and have a challenging TC track and forget the 12th scales that appear 3-4 times a year. I wonder if the old drivers stand is still there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.