Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Queensland 5th Scale Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2003 Queensland 5th Scale Championships

The 2003 Queensland 5th scale championships have been run and won.

Jeff Hamon driving his RS5 took TQ with a new qualifying record and new lap record and kept up the form in the final to win with a new race record. Second place went to John Hamon in his RS5 with Steve McFadden also driving an RS5 in third.

It was a dominating display by the RS5 team with them taking the top five qualifying positions and also the top five places at the end of the final.

Next up for the 5th scale drivers is the world titles in California followed by the AARCMCC 5th scale Nationals at the end of October.

Full results will be available for download tomorrow from the clubs website at http://www.qrccra.org.au

Cheers Alastair
Old 08-31-2003, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Dam, i missed it! That would have been cool to watch the finals! 1/5scale is awesome...
Old 08-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

1/5 Scale racers
I am from Sydney and am wanting to make the move from 1/10 to 1/5 scale racing, I am very interested in the RS5/Samba combination but don't know who is bring them into AUS and how much$ they are. If someone could point me in the right direction of someone I can talk to it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Glen
Old 08-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nitrosis
1/5 Scale racers
I am from Sydney and am wanting to make the move from 1/10 to 1/5 scale racing, I am very interested in the RS5/Samba combination but don't know who is bring them into AUS and how much$ they are. If someone could point me in the right direction of someone I can talk to it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Glen
Rodney Best is the Australian distributor for RS5 / Samba he can be contacted on 0418-717-536

Cheers Alastair
Old 08-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Alastair i will give him a call
Old 08-31-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Alastair i will give him a call
No problem, full info on the car can be found at www.modelcargo.nl

Cheers Alastair
Old 09-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default WANT TO START 1/5

HI THERE,,,,the RS5 I believe is not the best car if you starting...Go with FG, easier to setup and I reckon it is 1000 times better......go to www.chequeredflagracing.com and speak to Colin

1/5 Scale racers

Cheers

Glen
Old 09-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1/5 Scale racers

Cheers

Glen
Glen
I have a 1/5 scale FG competion for sale if your interested. Comes with all the goodies, mod motor, locking diff etc. If your interested ring me Chris 0429004330
Old 09-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

FG better than a RS5?

You may be right about the setup thing, to someone new it might be a bit of a handful.

But I don't think you can even compare the RS5 to the a FG if you are talking about which is better.

The RS5 makes a FG look like a Tamiya Hornet
Old 09-05-2003, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys,
Before making the large inital outlay involved with 1/5 scale racing I would like to get an idea from people as to the state of this class in australia ( mainly sydney ) eg/ is there a good regular turout of racers to club meetings such as hells park or do they tend to only come out for the larger sanctioned events. Also are there any other clubs in NSW that run regular 1/5 scale meetings. I would love to get involved in this class but it always makes it that little bit more fun when there are others to regularly race with
Old 09-05-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The best way to get an unbiased opinion on the racing would be to go out to Helles (I think they run the 4th Sunday of the month) and check it out for yourself.

To the best of my knowledge there it's any other organised 5th racing in N.S.W, on-road at least.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I race at Helles Park and on average we get between 15 and 20 guys, (sorry & gals. I had to say that as my girlfriend is going to race also). We race twice a month sometimes once depending on if there is a big meet somewhere. The atmosphere is very relaxed & friendly with plenty of help if you need it. There is no rush to get through the day if you have a problem then there is always time & help to get you through the day. The next race meet is on the 28th September why don't you come down & check it out.