Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Vintage racing scene and buggy classes poll. >

Vintage racing scene and buggy classes poll.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage racing scene and buggy classes poll.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

would be so good to come down and race where my dad used to when it first opened.
just dont own anything that is vintage race worthy(clods dont count i guess)
Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I seriously think that if we can get a good turnout that it would be worth the effort just to spectate to see some of the classics going around the track in its original world titles layout one last time.

I was going to try and organise a "20 year" worlds reunion/re-run - however that was just going to be too big. I floated that idea at the first vintage meeting at Ryde with Tony a couple of years ago. Its kind of sad and exciting at the same time that the track is being demolished and rebuilt exactly 20 years after it held the world titles.

It's a good sign and a great time to celebrate what has to have been one of our most famous tracks.

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by RETRO R/C; 01-12-2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Spelling, retarded grammar!! ;)
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah i'm always up for a vintage meet especially at St Ives, might have to race my Cougar that I started racing with back in 93
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

After recieving confirmation from Tom at the St Ives club Im glad to report that we are definately getting a vintage race meeting early next month. Ive asked if we could make it Saturday the 14th of Febuary as this gives us a little extra time to get some cars ready in time.
This will most likely be the very las time we'll see the track the way it is right now so lets not waste this last opportunity.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow you guys are really into your vintage cars. Great to see. I have just started getting some vintage Tamiya's together. Latest purchase was a Monster Beetle which has been a shelf queen for pretty much all of it's life. I also have a Hornet, Mud Blaster & maybe a Blackfoot due for rebuild, Super Hornet nearly complete & a new Frog (Sorry not vintage but still good). Started racing as a youngster in the late 80's w' a Marui Hunter (Ran out of idler gears) then moved onto a Boomerang (Great to see the re-release of that car), Kyosho Optima Mid Then I think that was it for Off road as the club I was racing @ folded due to lack of interest. Can anybody tell me if I can use an actual Frog Chassis on a Monster Beetle/Blackfoot/Mud Blaster? I know they are all based around the Frog Chassis but sometimes they make slight changes, you know what I mean. Anyway this maybe a stupid question but if anybody can help I would appreciate it. If anybody is interested I have a Grassshopper 2 & Super Hornet I would like to sell. PM me for more details.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Tom (X-5 Addict) , the clubs president, will be making a new thread to promote the event to be held on the 2nd weekend in February. Most likely Saturday.

The best bit is that the markets will be being held at the same time - so local produce, food and goodies will be available as well. Should make for an excellent atmosphere and a great send off to the old track layout.

At the moment - with no idea on actual numbers attending - it has been proposed that we have an "öpen" class and a "sportsman" class. Cars released prior to 1991 as per current guidelines are eligable for the vintage class. Of course cars released later are more than welcome to join in the fun.

Open: Any motor, battery combination within current national rules (HARD CASED LI-PO's must be used).

Sportsman: Any battery (within current rules) and motor UP TO sports tuned or brushless equivelant (I.E - hobbywing system).

2wd and 4wd will be split if there are sufficient numbers in each class.

Its all about enjoying yourself and promoting the club and the vintage scene.

I am sure we will have a good response - just a shame we could not have given more notice. I encourage anyone with an interest in our hobbies past to come and join in. It will be a blast to see cars competing as they did 20 years ago this year - on the same track!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

AWESOME!!!!
So its on, GREAT! I have already been thinking of not only what cars I want to run but what cars I will bring for display ( there will be heaps!)
I have found that there are plenty of vintage enthusiasts around the Sydney metro who would be very keen to race in this event so we should get some good numbers.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Have we confirmed the date yet?

I'm desperately trying to work out if I can make it up or not. Can we confirm what date the meet is going to be on? Is the 7th or the 14th?

Cheers
Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Definately on Saturday 14th of Febuary.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Jason.
But now I'm confused. I went to the club site to get more info and they've got the date as the 21st.

Normally I'd be happy to race vintage several times a month, but I'm thinking I'm not that lucky...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Dean:

L I N K : http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...uary-09-a.html

Cheers

Darryn