Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MRCCR Club (Lilydale Victoria) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ONLY put after run down my carby, just cause I'm slack and have had no corrosion problems ever.

I'm not a big fan of Hot Stuff fuels (havent tried the latest versions), never had corrosion problems though, only carbon buildup.

Is the engine salvageable, when will you be back racing Ryan.

DC

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
That's the funny (not so funny, actually ) thing about it, I always run the fuel out of it and use after-run oil.

I can't remember exactly where (I think it was in the instructions for it) but it said not to put after-run down the carb cos it would corrode the o-rings... I take it that's my problem... a lesson learnt !
Old 11-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by OZDC
I ONLY put after run down my carby, just cause I'm slack and have had no corrosion problems ever.

I'm not a big fan of Hot Stuff fuels (havent tried the latest versions), never had corrosion problems though, only carbon buildup.

Is the engine salvageable, when will you be back racing Ryan.

DC
Just got myself an NS12 S3 on Friday which is what I should have got in the first place ! Started running it in (the reason I didn't wanna race)... was an absolute bi%#h to start initially but good now.

I reckon even now during run-in it's almost as fast as the OS !

I put the engine in the too hard basket and received an offer from Luis Sola as a spares engine so... yeah .
Old 11-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Points

Current point scores are available at http://mrccr.tripod.com

With one point scoring round to go there are still some positions up for grabs.

Marty Callaghan has a narrow lead over Rob Bishop in 1/5 scale.
3rd place is a long way behind so they will either get 1st or second. Wayne and Barry will be fighting it out for 3rd.

Steevy J has already won the 10th scale Championship, and as long as Chris Callo has a decent day he should get 2nd. Nick J and Scotty Callo are fighting it out for 3rd.

Ryan Morton has won the Stock Championship, as has Cookie in 1/8th.

Pro Touring is close, Scott Iredace had a bad run last Sunday which enabled me to get to within striking distance of him in first place.
He'll need to have another bad day though for me to win, which has been rare for him this year.
Steevy J, Rob, Ray and maybe Trevor are in the fight for 3rd place.

The 2nd Sunday in December will be the last meeting for the year, which will be a fun day with a BBQ and trophy presentations.

DC
Old 11-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi,

I just wanted to see if the club had many entries for the VIC state titles as some of us NSW members are keen to come down.

Thanks
Jason
Old 11-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason,

As of today we have 1 entry. But its early days yet.

Please do not let this stop you from sending entry forms in as it becomes a catch 22 situation.

If people dont enter because they are waiting on numbers, then no one will end up entering and the event will get cancelled again.

We are doing a lot of promoting down here to get people interested and would love to have some guys from NSW (and other states) attend and I look forward to receiving your entries.

feel free to hit me with any furtehr questions.

thanks

DC

Originally posted by OnlineHobbies
Hi,

I just wanted to see if the club had many entries for the VIC state titles as some of us NSW members are keen to come down.

Thanks
Jason
Old 11-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sad News

Those who attended the trophy dash at SERCCC would have heard that we recently lost a fellow racer.

Ron Wilson passed away last Saturday after a lengthy battle with cancer.

Ron was a founding member of SERCCC and represented Australia several times at the Kyosho cup. The last time being this year at Bejing teamed up with Matt Cole.

While I did not know Ron very well, Ron raced at Lilydale a few times and I met him often at Dandenong. I found him to be a good natured gentleman who was well respected by his fellow racers.

It was nice to see that the annual SERCCC end of year trophy dash will be named in his honour.

RIP Ron

DC
Old 11-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Exciting Membership News

The MRCCR committee met last week and one of the more interesting topics discussed was how to increase our membership.

Some people may not realise that it costs almost $10k to maintain the facility (repay loans, mow lawns, electricity, food permits etc for canteen), at the current attendance levels our members race day fee of $15 must be maintained.

However, the committe has decided to have an introductory membership for only $20.

More details-

- Only applies to new members
- Only valid for period 1/1/04 - 30/6/04, for 6 months max, No pro rata payments. i.e if you Join in february you only get 5 months. So join early
- Covers all classes, all ages (no junior membership under this scheme)
- No joining fee. Race fees are at current membership rates ($15 full member $5 Juniors)
- Members using this scheme can't get key.

Also, to try and encourage regular attendance,

those who attend 5 consequtive race days will pay nothing to race the 6th race day.

While we currently don't get a lot of drivers for the Vortec classes, (other than Pro Tourer), if we get enough competitors (approx 5) in any one class we are happy to create a seperate race for them.

At the end of June 04 when memberships are due, if the membership drive has been successfull we will look at reducing the membership/fees accordingly.

So get onto it, come and visit the club, or contact me for more details.

Dave Calwell
mrccr.tripod.com
Old 11-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Vic Champs Entries

I would still like to see more entries for the Vics, remember Xmas is just around the corner and the Vics not long after that.

At the last Committee meeting it was decided to refund the entry fee of those who do not end up attending the event.

The only condition is that I (and only I) must be contacted no later than 2 weeks prior, as we must order trophies at this time.

The offer applies to local as well as interstate entires.

So what do you have to lose.

DC
Old 11-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Cost of Gate Key reduced

MRCCR has decided to reduce the cost of the gate key.

Currently it is $110 per year

As of 1/1/04 it will be $100 for 2 YEARS, of which $50 will be refunded on return of the key.

The lock will be changed every 2 years.

That is a dramatic reduction aimed at giving members better value for money.

Only applies to full members who are over 18.

DC
Old 11-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Vortec Vic Cup

Hi Guys

Good point....Thought I would move the talk about the Vic Cup to this thread as suggested as long as DC doesn't mind.

Dexter... Good to see you back, are you going to the Cup this weekend?

Heiw.....yes I am excited about this weekend as it will be my first,
sorry to hear you can't make it, we were all down at the track this weekend doing some testing with different gear ratio's and tyre's

DC...Thanks for the tyre info you provided, I am struggling to get any tyres higher than 40's from my LHS.

Is everyone using Active's on the cars, what other barnds of tyres
have you guys had good success with?

Thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Vortec Vic Cup

Originally posted by Picard
Hi Guys

Good point....Thought I would move the talk about the Vic Cup to this thread as suggested as long as DC doesn't mind.

Dexter... Good to see you back, are you going to the Cup this weekend?

Heiw.....yes I am excited about this weekend as it will be my first,
sorry to hear you can't make it, we were all down at the track this weekend doing some testing with different gear ratio's and tyre's

DC...Thanks for the tyre info you provided, I am struggling to get any tyres higher than 40's from my LHS.

Thanks
Nah won't be racing but i'll be up on Sunday to support the team, having said that not sure if i will be racing at all next year .
Old 11-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

WHOT??? Not racing next year, that's no good mate

I'll see you up there on sunday mate
Old 11-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Cost of Gate Key reduced

Originally posted by OZDC
MRCCR has decided to reduce the cost of the gate key.

Currently it is $110 per year

As of 1/1/04 it will be $100 for 2 YEARS, of which $50 will be refunded on return of the key.

The lock will be changed every 2 years.

That is a dramatic reduction aimed at giving members better value for money.

Only applies to full members who are over 18.

DC
Reading this I was thinking "sweet.. I'll get a gate key so I can practice more"

Then I read you gotta be 18 ..... Oh well, only 10 months to wait .

But I suppose it's fair enough, you can't go selling keys to 12 year olds cos they can't be trusted... I was one not too long ago !
Old 11-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Cost of Gate Key reduced

Originally posted by R J M
Reading this I was thinking "sweet.. I'll get a gate key so I can practice more"

Then I read you gotta be 18 ..... Oh well, only 10 months to wait .

But I suppose it's fair enough, you can't go selling keys to 12 year olds cos they can't be trusted... I was one not too long ago !
You may need a letter from the CFA before they give you a key.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Vortec Vic Cup

Originally posted by Picard
Hi Guys

Thanks
Don't worry too much Anthony, I tend to run harder tyres sometimes than others and Actives are a different scenario to the GRP's. You may be aware, but most tyres are made by GRP. Fast, Best (what I run now), Power, Elligi etc are all made in the same factory.

I'm pretty sure Rob and Scotty rarely run 42 and 45's, only in very high traction, like a Nationals etc. Rob commented to me the other day that Active 40's were too hard for the final of last meeting at dandy.

Anyway looking forward to the weekend.

But most importantly for anyone who's staying the night, come to the Northern Hotel Saturday night.
359 Barker St Castlemaine 3450 (03) 5472 1102

Its a good little country pub and Des has promised us there will be a band playing. Team Taylor will be giving a seminar on championship winning setups, and Rob Lewis will be trying to pick up anything in a skirt :-)

Sorry but this time there will be no mini Z pool competition
Unless someone else can bring a car or old body.
I still havent fixed the damage after young Belinda's effort.
But I would like to defend my last 2 victories

DC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.