Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*********CC09*********

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

An interesting point of note.
It only effected those racers with the Mini 2.4 receivers, and not all of them.
This needs further investigation.

Mav
Old 01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
An interesting point of note.
It only effected those racers with the Mini 2.4 receivers, and not all of them.
This needs further investigation.

Mav
It was not just spektrum users - it was also prevalent and in fact worse for some of the futaba FAAST guys. Todds car accelerated when he turned left on his transmitter.

The problem occurred for those using DSM1, DSM2 and Futaba gear in differing setups.

for some of us we had no issues - I was one without any problems and I use Spektrum mini rx and DSM1
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
wifi and hoime protable phones worj on 2.4
I know.... But the WiFi system as everyone calls it is the same as every other 2.4g system. It finds a clear channel if set to auto and uses that channel. You can manually lock it to one channel too. My setup at home uses channel 6.

I would guess its more likely that the environment filled with 2.4g noise and recivers filled with was most likely the culprit.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thought I'd post an excerpt from an article I found on the review on the fasst system.

The FASST system uses �frequency hopping� to prevent interference and glitching. As the name implies, a frequency-hopping system jumps from frequency to frequency rather than locking in on one available frequency. The FASST system hops at 2-millisecond intervals, which means the radio changes its frequency 500 times every second. If the system hits an occupied channel, it's only there for 1/500 second, making any interference impossible to detect. According to Futaba, this gives FASST radios superior glitch resistance compared with non-hopping Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) systems.

I also have emails now in to Futaba and Spektrum telling them of the situation and asking if it is possible at all as I'd rather see claims backed up with real fact, not speculative statements from people.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Ohh also, on top of that, there were some there today copping a few issues with glitching as well. No wireless was on.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tune71
Thought I'd post an excerpt from an article I found on the review on the fasst system.

The FASST system uses �frequency hopping� to prevent interference and glitching. As the name implies, a frequency-hopping system jumps from frequency to frequency rather than locking in on one available frequency. The FASST system hops at 2-millisecond intervals, which means the radio changes its frequency 500 times every second. If the system hits an occupied channel, it's only there for 1/500 second, making any interference impossible to detect. According to Futaba, this gives FASST radios superior glitch resistance compared with non-hopping Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) systems.

I also have emails now in to Futaba and Spektrum telling them of the situation and asking if it is possible at all as I'd rather see claims backed up with real fact, not speculative statements from people.
spectrum was realised by Jr under the brand of spectrum as they where not sure if the technolage would work .

It is recommened by spectrum that you can run 20 units at once. But in most flying clubs they limit it to 10 2,4 freg. for this reason.

I have also had a gliching probem with my Dx7 and lost a plane on a landing approch. ( havent flown since) That day i was the only radio no at the time.

Yes you get less interferance but you can still get interferancde or even Locked out which can be worse as it search for a open channel

There is 40 channels in a 2.4g range

Gent fling carbon fuse planes have to extened the antena as the carbon can block the signal....
Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

You must keep in mind that 2.4 gHz is an open third party band of the specktrum and can be freely over run by the government, military etc any time they wish.
This means that almost any transmitting device can be used freely as long as it has a maximum power output of less than 1000 milliwatts RMS. You will find that most RC radio gear will not output anywhere near the maximum milliwatts allowed, most times they are 500 milliwatts or less. This is usually a trade off to keep various government bodies happy world wide.

This does not take into any account of high gain antena in the area that maybe used for other radio systems that can be used to increase radiated signal from other devices using this band in the local area. The possibility of some other transmitting device being in the area could have reacted with any of the systems used, particularly if the receivers filtering is not up scratch.

2.4 gHz would have to be more jammed with errant signals these days as the 27 mHz band was years ago with the CB Radio craze in full swing. The only difference is 27 mHz was anolog and 2.4 gHz is digital. A combination of strong radiated signals will almost always wipe out the lower output signals

This reminds me of interference issues we used to suffer with previously when using lower frequency bands (e.g. 27 and 29 mHz), and would blame everyone else before it was proven it was a problem we built into the cars ourselves.

At times, what may seem to be the cause of the issue, may only be the breaking point for all the poor quality filtering that we live with when playing with our toy radio systems. We only get concerned with interference when it strikes our cars, but the prospect of problems are always there, as we are playing just above the threshold of the interference when things appear to be going well.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the years I have seen a few tracks fall victim to interference on a particular band.... I would guess this is just another one of those occasions.