Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Foam Onroad Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho Foam Onroad Tyres

Hey Everyone,

was just wondering if anyone has or does use Kyosho foam tyres for racing onroad?

or if you would use them, i'm in Sydney and am looking to get into some onroad action.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I would use them, im about to get into nitro onroad my self. Apparently Kyosho foam tires are one of the best u can get. they are bit more expensive than Kawahara tires tho
Old 06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Mild Seven,

im actually looking to import some in from an OS supplier and i should be able to keep the price down, it all depends on "interest" from racers over here really as to whether i do or not!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Yeah that would be good. Im sure alot of the top nitro drivers will be interested in them. As i know S. Nicholson and such use them and like those tyres
Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

They are already imported by Bartz RC Partz who are in Sydney. Great tire but not cheap!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by occ
They are already imported by Bartz RC Partz who are in Sydney. Great tire but not cheap!
What do you mean not cheap, $14.00 a pr isn't bad
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Default tyre's

Originally Posted by Mugenville
What do you mean not cheap, $14.00 a pr isn't bad
rob,
There $19.95 a pair for the kyosho tyres , Zac's are $14.00 a pair
Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh Ok my bad
Old 06-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prettyinpink
rob,
There $19.95 a pair for the kyosho tyres , Zac's are $14.00 a pair
$20 a pair!!!!
I'm glad i'm a twister tyre man then!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tweam twisty?
GQ aint too bad either if i do say so myself. The Kawaharas are good though, nice foam on them, and the rim doesn't look too bad.

if the kawaharras came with a rim as stiff as the GQ's then....hmmm i'd probably run the kawa's.

Ric has the new yellow rimmed Kawaharras they are a harder rim still (compared to the white ones) and they are very close to the Kyosho rims i've been told by a reputable source. (still not as hard as the GQ rims though from my comparisons)

give the yellow kawaharra rims a go. I'd also recommend trying the GQ's from Kelletts Hobbies they are honestly very good, ugly, but good If you tell Gary Kellett you are a member of the moorebank club he can cut a deal for you on the tyres at a competitive price.

anyone seen the new Jaco 1.5 prism tyres! they look awesome and have a funky rim which has a 1.5degree pitch on them so you can cut them coned or run them flat so you get more tyre wear. Typical yank foamies though, they are bloody expensive
Old 06-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

are those prices for mounted or just tyre? and thats for a pair?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pantera nitro
are those prices for mounted or just tyre? and thats for a pair?
Thats a mounted pair. Dont think you can get rim and foam seperate anymore, and why would you.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TomB
tweam twisty?
GQ aint too bad either if i do say so myself. The Kawaharas are good though, nice foam on them, and the rim doesn't look too bad.

if the kawaharras came with a rim as stiff as the GQ's then....hmmm i'd probably run the kawa's.

Ric has the new yellow rimmed Kawaharras they are a harder rim still (compared to the white ones) and they are very close to the Kyosho rims i've been told by a reputable source. (still not as hard as the GQ rims though from my comparisons)

give the yellow kawaharra rims a go. I'd also recommend trying the GQ's from Kelletts Hobbies they are honestly very good, ugly, but good If you tell Gary Kellett you are a member of the moorebank club he can cut a deal for you on the tyres at a competitive price.

anyone seen the new Jaco 1.5 prism tyres! they look awesome and have a funky rim which has a 1.5degree pitch on them so you can cut them coned or run them flat so you get more tyre wear. Typical yank foamies though, they are bloody expensive
tomb,
why would u need tyre's i haven't seen u race yet, it will be good to see if u turn up at penrith seeming u talk the talk about everything.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Red Box

Originally Posted by pantera nitro
Hey Everyone,

was just wondering if anyone has or does use Kyosho foam tyres for racing onroad?

or if you would use them, i'm in Sydney and am looking to get into some onroad action.
I have good stocks of Kyosho red box tyres, and yes they are $19.95 per pair.
The Kawahara ZBB "yellow rim" is very similar in hardness and are good value for money at $14 per pair, or $129.99 for a 10 pack. they are available from my website: www.bartzrcpartz.com.au. If you need any more info, please send me an email - [email protected]
PS have you seen the new class that Kawahara is promoting - GPR class? 30mm front tyres, 40mm rear tyres a GP body and front bumper for $79.95! Fits straight onto your RRR, NT1 and MTX3/4 with no modifications! Got to be the best go fast option for the least amount of money! Will be on the web site in the next couple of days.
Ric
Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BartzRC
I have good stocks of Kyosho red box tyres, and yes they are $19.95 per pair.
The Kawahara ZBB "yellow rim" is very similar in hardness and are good value for money at $14 per pair, or $129.99 for a 10 pack. they are available from my website: www.bartzrcpartz.com.au. If you need any more info, please send me an email - [email protected]
PS have you seen the new class that Kawahara is promoting - GPR class? 30mm front tyres, 40mm rear tyres a GP body and front bumper for $79.95! Fits straight onto your RRR, NT1 and MTX3/4 with no modifications! Got to be the best go fast option for the least amount of money! Will be on the web site in the next couple of days.
Ric
Am interested in a Kawahara ZBB "yellow rim" 10 pack, are the rear available in 26mm as well ?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.