Wiki Posts
Search

***MECA 4 *** Eastern Creek

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by kickass
Walter is planning 2 days for each MECA next year with no split classes, all for one over two days. IE you race one class you have to be there on both days.
Its up to us to pester Walter to split the gasies from the sparkies on different days.
I have voiced my opinion several times buut he insists on running both classes on both days.
Get on the phone guys and make some noise.
is this from walter himself?...or heresay around the traps.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

MECA has been going for years and is a great event, it's not Walter's fault that it has become so popular; two day event is a compromise that is simply necessary. MECA is not about making money, Walter has been running the MECA series as he wants to be part of the RC community and provide us with some good opportunities for racing. Just like the ROORDA titles and AARMAC Titles, MECA deserves two days, recent demand has demonstrated this.

Traditionally MECA was always only to provide 1 "A" final, 1 crack at winning. Time permitting it seems 3 finals are to be included.

I remember when MECA was almost the only serious racing we got all year, MECA was instrumental in encouraging competition 190mm touring car classes and later the 200mm nitro class.

The 2 day MECA idea is based on feed back from host clubs and racers.

-paul
Old 09-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2 day

This was from Walter himself, you guys should take some time out and talk to him at the track about his plans for next year.
Walter is a tops bloke mate and only wants what we want we just need to let him know how we feel about the two days .

Also about the trophies he splurged out big time this time and had some big ass killer trophies for the champs, they werent cheap he told me how much they were but i cant remember but i can tell you now they put a big ass dent in his pocket.
He has promised 1/12 scale for next year so just relax guys, you had fun so just chill.

Walter has always put on a great event and I am sure next year wont be any different.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

here here, its all to easy to sit back and be critical there is hardly too many people putting there hands up to the same
We put our hands up and he did not even bother to get back to us, of have a look at our facilities when he had an ideal opportunity in April. An indoor MECCA on Tarmac, including Gas cars. How good would have that been?

Walter is planning 2 days for each MECA next year with no split classes, all for one over two days. IE you race one class you have to be there on both days.
I think Walter needs to have a serious think about this. Otherwise MECCA's going to become even more Sydney Centric. If Walter wants to make MECCA the size of a state titles, he is going to have to increase the profestionalism that the meetings are run with, 3 A finals, scrutineering, pulling down the Stock A finalist motors... & please note, I'm not having a go at Walter, he is a nice guy and the MECCA series is a good thing, but this is a forum for out opionions, and this is mine.

Mark
Old 09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by nerdling
We put our hands up and he did not even bother to get back to us, of have a look at our facilities when he had an ideal opportunity in April. An indoor MECCA on Tarmac, including Gas cars. How good would have that been?

Mark
we also offered and recieved promises to come and have a look, but i was refering more to the running of a series than individual race meets
Old 09-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

MECA use to be exclusively for 1 track ... Lakeside at Lansvale ... but when the track closed MECA had to find a new home. MECA = Magic Electric Car Arena.

With only 4 MECA events per year, many clubs will miss out on hosting a MECA round, it is inevitable that some clubs like SOMRCC will host more than 1 MECA Round, as it is close to Sydney.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

You have to run the races where the racers are. It's no point holding a MECA at Tamworth when 1 local will race in it and we all have to travel. So if Sydney is where the racing is then that's the place for it. If Magic Kingdom was still going then it would be so big it would not be funny. Same I never experinced it but herd lots of stories about it.

Coxy.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't get confused, I'm not bleeting on about Walter not getting back to me. If I was really upset about it I would have a chat to him about it, it's not an issue, I was replying to a point made in a previous post regarding clubs putting their hands up to run meetings.

My bigest concern is Walter moving to a two day format as mentioned previously.

You have to run the races where the racers are.
There are racers here.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would prefer two days with split classes. Weather walter likes it or not, not many of us elec boys like to listen to non-stop reving of nitro cars all day. In my second heat last weekend, I couldn't even hear my car for maost of the race due to 2 nitros just behind the drivers stand. Also with the notro's included... we have to wait about 2hrs each round at the moment. For me it seems to be to much time waiting and not enuf racing. If MECA is two days for both next years... are we all going to turn up for the 1st day for a whole 3 runs???
Old 09-11-2003, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

I have to agree.
However, not all nitro racers want to listen to electric cars either, bloody beeping battery chargers all day....

Seriously though, it should be over 2 days either gas and 'lectric or some other way of separating it.

I think Walter will need to do what the racers want.
Would be the smart thing to do and would really help grow the MECA series into something huuuuge.

Let the racers decide what works best and run with that.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Well looks like every body is on the same wave lenght. No body has said leave it the way it is. so two days it should be.

Your right about waiting. I could not remember how my car handled when it was time to drive it and could not remember what changes I made. Also the track changed so much in the time.

Coxy.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy
Your right about waiting. I could not remember how my car handled when it was time to drive it and could not remember what changes I made. Also the track changed so much in the time.
I agree with that... I put 35's on for the 1st round but by the time i was up, i should have had something harder on...

Look forward to an improved format next year
Old 09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great now that we all agree how about calling him and letting him know,or get a petition going and at the next big meet, get all the drivers to sign and show him.