Old 04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah XRay is better than all the other cars.... In the same way that :

- red cars are faster than blue ones
- my dad's better than your dad
- fords are better than holdens, and even
- nexxus can post here without being a victim

It's all subjective and very debatable... Go to your local track and see what the other guys are running. As someone else mentioned, for touring car, any of the top half dozen (probably more) cars are great. Pick a car that has other guys racing it locally (so you can get help with setup and maybe loan a part or 2 when you need it), and has good part support locally (so you can get parts when you break them - and you will).

Frankly, if you're new, I would be tempted to buy a cheaper car, and get into a novice class of some kind to learn to drive well before spending a shedload of money on a new chassis. It will be a good learning experience, and what you learn will transfer onto a more expensive chassis when you upgrade down the track.

Scott.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeh ask your local racers, in qld we have a bit of everything but the mainstays seem to be corally xray and schumacher with a few tamiya's and the occasional lone car (team magic losi etc)
having said that in sydney it sounds like an xray dominated area and melbourne i know has a good base for schumachers, it really depends on who sells what parts in that area