Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australian U21 EP Off road Championship

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you want to run something different, why don't you run the 'Australian Indoor Off Road Titles.' Something along those lines. There's not much indoor off road action in Australia so this might be a good hook for you. People would be more inclined to travel with the threat of a wash out removed too!

You have an issue with timing however, given that the Vics are there in August.

Also, you could 'borrow' the old BORMAC format and run an indoor 'Race of Champions' format. Invite Australia's 10 fastest drivers to battle it out Reedy Race style.

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We were talking about this at Castle Hill, how about an all 13.5 event or something, the ultimate chance for the up and comers to race against the legends on an equal footing cos they'll all run 13.5s
Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
We were talking about this at Castle Hill, how about an all 13.5 event or something, the ultimate chance for the up and comers to race against the legends on an equal footing cos they'll all run 13.5s
I reckon that's a great idea. The top mod guys have to sacrifice power for smoothness, and the stock guys won't be out of their league (so much). I'd be up for that, even though I'd probably be padding out the D main.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the idea of limited motor size, we are already introducing it into our current racing format and some races see less than 7 seconds between 1st and 6th great racing.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

totally, how good would the racing be, Matty G, Painy, Gillott, peeler and co. up against the stock guns
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Better still, combine Race of Champs format (open motor) with a spec class.

Lets face it, if the top ten drivers race spec, they're still going to win. But if you take them out and put them in a race by themselves, it gives everyone else a chance to win.

Plus, the winner of spec gets an invite to be in the following years ROC, and race against the big guns.

ROC was always an awesome spectacle, seeing the top ten drivers in the country go punch for punch. No qualifying, just six rounds of heads up racing. Oh, and top ten shootout (one lap dash) to determine start order for the first heat

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default S

As you know Scotty that one fast lap was the hardest to do as you had everyone watching,nowhere to hide.A control motor event for everyone sounds great.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyP

Lets face it, if the top ten drivers race spec, they're still going to win. But if you take them out and put them in a race by themselves, it gives everyone else a chance to win.

Plus, the winner of spec gets an invite to be in the following years ROC, and race against the big guns.

ROC was always an awesome spectacle, seeing the top ten drivers in the country go punch for punch. No qualifying, just six rounds of heads up racing. Oh, and top ten shootout (one lap dash) to determine start order for the first heat

Cheers,
Scotty P.
Along with the Interstate Challenge, I've wanted to see the ROC bought back into the annual Calender. I reckon with the popularity of Truck deminishing, this could be an awesome chance for Maitland to turn their Truck race in to the ROC
Old 04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
As you know Scotty that one fast lap was the hardest to do as you had everyone watching,nowhere to hide.A control motor event for everyone sounds great.
Might be a little hard Mr Cheese with everyone having their own preference to either brushed or brushless, but one lap dash would be awesome
Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

ROC format would be awesome

I rememeber attending an event here in adelaide in the 90's watching Simon Camilleri battle it out against guys from Vic and NSW... was awesome to watch!!

And it also takes out that top 5% giving others a chance to shine...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottyP

Cheers,
Scotty P.

I like it scotty, with or without the spec motors for the ROC, though in reality most people will have a speedy that caters for brushed and brushless, or would be able to borrow one, it was a great concept in the old days, 6 heads up races, from memory the grid rotated a bit like the interstate, but it was a long time ago and then an all in 13.5 event for the people not on the invitation
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Well the ROC idea seems to be the hit, I love the idea. Mildura is the most central location for NSW, SA and Vic. I'm keen to know more about the old format and any improvements that could be made to it. When is the best time to hold it?

Winters normally quiet right? Being indoors and the fact Mildura is warmer than most places it should be quite comfortable for everyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

ROC idea sounds awesome, but in say the invite mod class, you should be able to bolt in as much horsepower as you like, its actually a disadvantage in many cases indoor
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that sounds great. one motor, 3 sets of 1 tire everyone competing against each other. i would love to see how some of the younger fast stock racers fair against some older fast mod racers. would be great to learning experience.

maybe even have a buddy system, where a mod racer take a stock racer under their wing for tips of driveing racing and setup...

anthony
Old 04-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Invitational should be the best driver and equipment this is the draw card. For the rest it should be controlled driver against driver. Were previous ROC events only mod for invitational? My thoughts are Invitational mod & stock then controlled for the rest of the field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.