Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
NSW Offroad State Titles - Maitland >

NSW Offroad State Titles - Maitland

NSW Offroad State Titles - Maitland

Old 07-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default NSW Offroad State Titles - Maitland

The NSW Offroad State Titles will be held at the Maitland track on the 4th weekend in September (27th, 28th).

Classes being run are:-

Saturday
4wd Modified (5 min)
4wd Stock (5 min)
4wd Seniors (5 min)
Modified Truck (4 min)
Stock Truck (5 min)

Sunday
2wd Modified (5 min)
2wd Stock (5 min)
2wd Seniors (5 min)
1/10 Nitro Truck Demonstration (5 min heat, 10 min final - I think)

A practice meeting will be held on the 3rd weekend (probably just sunday) in September in addition to the clubs regular race meeting on the 2nd Sunday of the month.

The Maitland club has a reputation for producing a challenging and well groomed track and for running meetings very professionally, this event will be no exception.

I will post more details as they come to hand. In the mean time feel free to talk about what is sure to be a great event.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default NSW Offroad State Titles

Might also mention that AMBrc lap scoring system will be used, so when sending in the entry forms, make sure you have the 7 digit transponder code clearly written on the form.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

woohoo, man, can not wait for this event, as radio says, even at a club day maitland runs a top meeting, the big meetings are run very smoothly and with the transponders on hand, should make it even better, the track is awesome, they've done a good job, i like the way maitland dont rest on their one track for too long, and like to change it round. Only tricky thing is finding a combination of tyres that dont get eaten after one race (advice, this means don't use pins), cya there dudes
Old 07-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

The entry forms should be out in the next week or so. We have a club member in publishing so they should be pretty neat, we're just finishing the multiple draft bit of the process (We wanted to make sure everything was correct). There will be a space on the entry form for your personal transponder code.

On the subject of Maitland club meetings, the last one was pretty good: 44 enteries for a meeting that had to be postponed for a week and began under dark skies with a light sprinkle of rain is pretty impressive.

Everyone is welcome to come along to the club meetings on the 2nd Sunday of the month for extra practice. Entries are $6 a class on club days and the regular classes are Rookie Truck, Rookie Buggy, 2wd 540, 2wd Stock, 2wd Modified, Stock Truck, 4wd Stock, 1/10 Nitro Truck and T-Maxx.

More Info
------------

Enteries for the state titles will be $25 for the first class entered and $10 for every class after that. So not too expensive and tropheys will be given out for A-finalists, TQ and Top Junior in each class as well as for concourse.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like this nmeet will be the best meet all year..be there.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

had a great time at last time, will be there, as long as collingwood dont make the grand final....
Old 07-22-2003, 04:05 AM
Tech Rookie

collingwood your kidding.
the may just make it.
hows the b4 going.
thinking of getting one soon.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

cantona, great man, glad ur making the trip again, u know u wont be disappointed at maitland.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeh looking foward to another great maitland meeting, but I hate to raise this issue but whats the deal with Maitland and ROORDA NSW?

NOFX: love the sig mate, im hoping its true
Old 07-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

i cant speak on behalf of the club, and radio can probably clarify, but i understand the maitland committee has become disillusioned with the running of roorda and have cancelled their membership to the body and are running the state titles as an aarcmacc santioned event. I understand one of the issues was the funds allocation from the state titles entries, seemingly, the piece of pie roorda wanted was larger than normal, and considering maitland had already been dudded by a year because the order of who gets the state titles had been 'altered', i dont blame the committee at all, what im very interested to see now is what will the rest of the clubs do, i still want to have a state championship run over all of the main clubs in nsw/act, hopefully the clubs can work out their own championship or something, cya
Old 07-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

NOFX is correct the meeting will be run with AARCMCC sanctioning. There were a number reasons that this decision was taken. It wasn't just the money; ROORDA were completely inflexible on a number of things which the club thought were necessary to providing a good meeting to racers. One example is that ROORDA insisted that only the first 3 place getters in each class be awarded tropheys, we wanted all A-finalists to be rewarded. Also the ROORDA president nominated herself as race director for the meeting, given past experience the executive of the Maitland club thought we could run a more professional meeting by ourselves.

Maitland has been dissatisfied with ROORDA for some time now. In addition to some improper and indecorous procedural changes made under the current ROORDA administration the club also have some specific complaints. Maitland had intended to bid for the 2003 National titles but were not given the opportunity and as NOFX rightly points out when it came time to prepare for our turn in the state titles roster last year we were told that Ryde would be hosting the event on that occasion.

Despite all of this the Maitland club was happy to host the NSW titles under ROORDA sanctioning until about 2 weeks ago when it became clear that ROORDA wanted to requisition funds that it clearly had no need for and what's more was taking it to the detriment of racers at the meeting as well as the host club.

I wasn't going to make a big deal of this but since it had already been brought up a detailed reply was in order. Lets try not to focus on this too much and instead concentrate on making this the best NSW state titles ever.

More Info
------------
Power will be available at the track on the Friday (probably Thursday as well) before the meeting for practice (and of course on race days). The track is on council land so you're quite welcome to practice at other times as well but will need to supply your own power.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

should be great...cant wait
Old 07-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

dave, u pulling the 4wd out for this one? i want to get a cheap truck, xxt or something and run stock truck too, cya mate

Old 07-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Radio Active
NOFX is correct the meeting will be run with AARCMCC sanctioning. There were a number reasons that this decision was taken. It wasn't just the money; ROORDA were completely inflexible on a number of things which the club thought were necessary to providing a good meeting to racers. One example is that ROORDA insisted that only the first 3 place getters in each class be awarded tropheys, we wanted all A-finalists to be rewarded. Also the ROORDA president nominated herself as race director for the meeting, given past experience the executive of the Maitland club thought we could run a more professional meeting by ourselves.

Maitland has been dissatisfied with ROORDA for some time now. In addition to some improper and indecorous procedural changes made under the current ROORDA administration the club also have some specific complaints. Maitland had intended to bid for the 2003 National titles but were not given the opportunity and as NOFX rightly points out when it came time to prepare for our turn in the state titles roster last year we were told that Ryde would be hosting the event on that occasion.

Despite all of this the Maitland club was happy to host the NSW titles under ROORDA sanctioning until about 2 weeks ago when it became clear that ROORDA wanted to requisition funds that it clearly had no need for and what's more was taking it to the detriment of racers at the meeting as well as the host club.

I wasn't going to make a big deal of this but since it had already been brought up a detailed reply was in order. Lets try not to focus on this too much and instead concentrate on making this the best NSW state titles ever.

More Info
------------
Power will be available at the track on the Friday (probably Thursday as well) before the meeting for practice (and of course on race days). The track is on council land so you're quite welcome to practice at other times as well but will need to supply your own power.
Radio - I have had many discussions with the olfart and I can understand the direction taken. Good move and it should hopefully have a flow on effect. Only question I have is how will you cater for interstate drivers who aren't a member of an ARCCMCC affiliated club?
Old 07-23-2003, 03:04 PM
TWISTED

Default We will be there

I will be there hopefully if my shifts work out right and I will be bringing 3 others with me at least. I don`t care about anything else I just want to race. See you all there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.