Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2008 Jconcepts South Australian IC Offroad Interclub Championship >

2008 Jconcepts South Australian IC Offroad Interclub Championship

2008 Jconcepts South Australian IC Offroad Interclub Championship

Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oblivion
hey mike, i think you missed a brand from your signature.
I just like to play the field
Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Monster Truck Results

1 - Myles Cooper (Cascade)
2 - Bradley Elliott (SDMCC)
3 - Mick Stevens (Cascade)
4 - Michael Grech (SDMCC)
5 - Rob Hill (SDMCC)
6 - Tony Wright (Cascade)
7 - Dave Langcake (SDMCC)

Well done Myles on a great win for whyalla
Old 04-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

1/10th Stadium Truck Results

1 - Myles Cooper (Cascade)
2 - Glenn Ingham (SDMCC)
3 - Peter Lawson (Cascade)
4 - Bradley Elliott (SDMCC)
5 - Tony Wright (Cascade)

Well done Myles on a great win, but it all comes down to the brilliant car that you got to race. The guy that loaned it to you must be a great guy
Old 04-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Truggy Results

Temporary removal back soon

Last edited by Kyosho_101; 04-06-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

1/8 Scale Buggy Results

Temporary removal back soon

Last edited by Kyosho_101; 04-06-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
1/8 Scale Buggy Results

1 - Jarrod Currie
2 - Glenn Breugem
3 - DeanMichalik
4 - Bruce Waldinfd
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 - Anthony Baxter
10 - Andrew Stefanicki
11 -
12 - Daniel Yates
13 - Ryan Discombe
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 - Adrian Thompson
18 - Ian Leahy
19 - Leigh Cripps
20 - Tony Beven
21 - Marcus Lawson
22 -
23 - Andrew Foord (SDMCC)
24 - Rhys Ford
25 - Mike Mashford
26 - Simon Page (SDMCC)
27 - Wayne Treloar
28 - Michael Brown
29 - Darren Thomas
30 -

The rest will go up tomorrow
Hey Mike,

I know I promised that I wouldn't be a pain in the arse and ask any more questions, but just have a query about the results. I thought that the finals results were meant to be worked out on points, but it appears that you've done them by adding the laps from both legs. As an example, Foord shouldn't have placed any lower than 10th overall (having made the A Final), but with his two (pathetic) DNFs, he's been placed 20 somethingth. Sorry, I know after all the work that you've put in to working it out, the last thing you need is somebody whinging about the results. I'll shut up now.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mike, please send me the results when you get a chance so i can check the results please.

ill double check them and make up a proper table for it all n stuff like that.

if you could remove your results posts for truggy + buggy for now until we double check it all that would be great.

the classes that had less than 10 cars will read correctly though.

also, can i please have your address so i can send you a bill for helping organise the staggered grid starts n stuff.
ill let you have my discounted rate of $16.50 per hour, and there was 5 hours work :P
Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

lol...I'm waiting for the Myles Cooper tug of war.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AusAnt
lol...I'm waiting for the Myles Cooper tug of war.
LoL, he deserved the win but only just, i Kept him honest in MT

Good work to all those involved in track prep and running the event, top job guys. Track was the best ive ever driven on and you deserve props for your hard work. Thanks to all the Whyalla people who were once again very friendly and helpfull, gives me faith in the people of this world

Thanks to Myles and Tony for letting us bunk up in the Cabin and thanks to Myles yet again for giving me a part for my Truck to keep it going in that second heat, great sportsmanship mate.

Only gripe i had was the lack of transponders and having to swap transponders between my two cars during the night, was a bit much IMO, can you please buy some more so some of us can buy them off you so next time we race it wont be a madhouse. Would have been nice to get the 20 min mains like was organised but i know we fell behind the 8 ball during the day and time was of the essence.

Looking forward to seeing some footage of the MT race that Glenn filmed, turn out all the footage i took was under exposed, DOH !!!!

PS : Im stoked with my truck, that thing HAMMERS at Whyalla, be interesting to see if i posted the fastest lap cause it was on fire. Think it suprised a few people how fast it actualy was, but was let down by my few various crashes and people that were laps down trying to get past me under brakes when i was so much faster than them, was pretty stupid IMO but hey its only a $200 damage bill. Live and learn i think, just stay out of their way, full stop .....

Last edited by GenReaper; 04-06-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi all just got back, well done to all involved in the organisation of the first round, the track was awsome as usual, as was the hospitality, big up to you all.Bring on round 2
cheers
Scott
Old 04-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

I would just like to join the chorus of praise heading north for the Whyalla boys, once again a great meeting, racing, competition, friendly rivalry, food and most of all lots of laughs.
Personally I want to put forward my appreciation to Mike for sacrificing his own racing to ensure the night went off well and of course supplying his Jato for me to race, she’s all set for ya, no excuses next race meet mate.
Paul, Leigh, Tony and all the other usual suspects. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

As for the racing
Brads Revo was a real eye opener and Tonys new motor seems to be coming along nicely so things are looking good for more competition in the trucks.

Watching the A group of truggies and buggies was a real joy. Watching you guys battling it out at full tilt on a super sticky track is wicked and I cant wait to see some or the vids that should be kicking around soon.

Short story
I didn’t see it 1st hand but herd about it later in the night back at the van park. During the 2nd final of the truggies when the pissed minder was shaking the drivers stand, Paul jagt pulled over on the track so he could turn around and scream obscenities at the tosser. Dean Michalik and others came around and saw Paul’s car off to the side, knowing what was going on they stopped and waited for Paul to resume racing before trying to pass him.
Like I said I didn’t see it only heard about it but if this is the case it is a fantastic display of sportsmanship! Full Cred to Dean and the others.

Can anyone validate this story???
Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gold star award for the Cascade Club.

That was my first visit to the track. Apart from starting(and finishing) a little bit late, great day/night had by all.

The racing was fantastic, fast and very tidy. Love the track, tight, grippy, and busy, no time to have a rest.

Thanks to all involved with running the meet, look forward to racing again at Whyalla.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Myles Coopstar. he does all his own stunts ya know

"yeah well its my excuse and im stickin to it!"

Mike, the race director.
"man, i shouldnt have had that 5th beer before the meet started."

Tony, refueling himself before the big race.
if he drove as quick as he put away those beers he'd be world champion
Old 04-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ringo
Hey Mike,

I know I promised that I wouldn't be a pain in the arse and ask any more questions, but just have a query about the results. I thought that the finals results were meant to be worked out on points, but it appears that you've done them by adding the laps from both legs. As an example, Foord shouldn't have placed any lower than 10th overall (having made the A Final), but with his two (pathetic) DNFs, he's been placed 20 somethingth. Sorry, I know after all the work that you've put in to working it out, the last thing you need is somebody whinging about the results. I'll shut up now.
Jarrod what can I say did I expect more from you .......... YES

As for the results they were done with points ask glenn we both sat down after it was all done and worked out the points. laps did not matter.

Any one that wants the results I will give them a copy. Tomorrow I will try and get the results to glenn and we will both go over them again.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oblivion
mike, please send me the results when you get a chance so i can check the results please.

ill double check them and make up a proper table for it all n stuff like that.

if you could remove your results posts for truggy + buggy for now until we double check it all that would be great.

the classes that had less than 10 cars will read correctly though.

also, can i please have your address so i can send you a bill for helping organise the staggered grid starts n stuff.
ill let you have my discounted rate of $16.50 per hour, and there was 5 hours work :P
I'll get you the results tomorrow glenn and feel free to send me a bill for 6 minutes worth of work since you only did 30 seconds before each race and you missed some of the races

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.