Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Install Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Install Day

i was thinking.... brace urself people on a serious note, maybe we should all get together and help each other out by say meeting somewhere and then one of the pro's can show us noobs around an r/c to give us a bit more of an idea of how to fix things and such.... let me know what you guys think...
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what happened to have a look and work out how to repair,dis-assemble,re-assemble. dont wanna be a stick in the mude dude but she aint rocket science
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Like a cricket or footy clinic? An r/c clinic? Not a bad idea for new guys and kids especially. Fixing the cars can be pretty straight forward(from an on-road perspective) perhaps the gun drivers at their local clubs can organise a night or arvo were they show the kids and new comers aspects of setting up cars, learning what suits there style and how to pick up on areas during a lap that their car could be better etc..... even driving techniques. I know we all put question after question to the knowlegable guys at local clubs to help us when we are stuck during race day, and in reality it puts more pressure on them when they are trying to enjoy a race day. I'm lucky that the guys at both my local clubs are always more than happy to help or offer advice, but i hate seeing them trying to solve my woes about setups when they are trying to get a car ready to race for 1 or more people and have fun

When you sit down and think about it, an r/c clinic held locally by local driver/s without the race day stress would be a great idea Would only have to be an hour or 2 maybe?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)
Thumbs up re install day

great idea, perhaps driving tution also... couldn't hurt, any promotion is good promotion.....cheers
Old 01-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I remember being a mentor to a newbie about 15years ago. Father and son team, the old man did the wrenching and the young lad the driving. As a combo they went on to win a couple of big events, most satisfying result.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

..some good ideas arising, a BIG THANKS to bradley for fixing my MT
Old 01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

went to MV track today, great bunch of blokes, unfortunately my clutch gave way before the race even started, so i marshelled for the day, and pitted for a few guys, still had a great day out, ill be getting a 3 shoe cluth and a new flywheel thursday, also will be getting the offna DOMINATOR too, which will give me 2 trucks to race with, well one for back-up.