Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanting to know the outbacks's opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Wanting to know the outbacks's opinion

Hi, I live in the US, and I have heard that the Atlas Si (the newest one, i think), is very big in Australia, and usually spanks the Xrays, which I am racing at the moment. I was wondering is there is anyone on this part of the Forums that races the Si, not as interested, if you race the older ones, since the cars ar every different, but your imput is still very welcome!! I am just thinking of switching cars, but I would like to know other peoples opinions.
Thanks in advance,
Michael Patterson
Old 06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

mmmmm never heard of this happening, very few atlas cars are raced in Australia, and none of them have been very successful. The top cars in Australia, are Xray, Losi, Associated and Mission. with a few others tossed in to the mix.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In NSW, best i have seen is a C final Effort In Stock... But the car may have potential..
I have seen cars do things they shouldnt.. "as in accually do well" but the Atlas hasnt been perfoming. mabey its the drivers.

Michael..if your a master driver,, and know setup..then mabey this car would rival the XRAY..but it wouldnt be easy.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

to judge a car off the back of its performances is too hard... xrays do well here but its not often that they feature in big international events... is this because the cars crap? no way! a lot comes back to the driver, there are few top drivers in australia using atlas cars so they dont feature highly in the results... but after a close look they dont give anything away in quality and little if anything in adjustability.

if you have LHS support for the atlas is as good a pick as many... if you want to pick a car based on performance in international racing look to an associated, yokomo or tamiya between them they seem to fill most of the spots in the A at most big meetings at present

i drive an unsponsored yokomo solidly locked into the C so there you go the car isnt the deciding factor!
Old 06-10-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

huh, well thanks guys. maybe I was mis-informed.
Thanks though,
See I am taking my Xray to the Nationals, and was thinking about a different car after that. Maybe I will stick with it, not sure, I would still like to try a shaft car(the Yokomo), just part support is none, and it is still kinda hard to mail order the stuff.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

=MisFitz= NuKe

Didn't you say on the electric forum you were an Integy driver?? What are you doing with an Xray?

People have pointed out that the Type T is a good car, so is a TC3, xray, Losi,Mission, Yokomo, tamiya trf or evo, Barracuda, RCLab, and loads of others. It's 99% driver 1% car. Get the one you like the look of and work with it.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

That is correct, JohnA, I am also sponsored by Serpent USA, along with some other companies, but I got the Xray because serpent usa disrtibutes the car.