Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Corey Broadstock won the best under 16.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Congratulations to Tim on his wins in 19T and Mod, a great example of how to progress through the classes to the the top of the heap.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

congrats to every one especially Tim and Clinton, you both deserved your victories, tough luck to Keith.
awesome days racing seya all soon
Old 07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Hi All

Thanks to logan for a well run event

Also a big thanks to SWAMP RAT for the loan of a pinion gear ( got me into the top 10 in stock )

See ya
Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congrats to everyone one for the weekend. Wish I was there to see it all - hopefully next time...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

fun police were here.

Last edited by vazzo; 07-20-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,

Well done to all of our club members for putting on such a good performance.

The whole weekend went smoothly & I felt very proud of our effort as a club.

The fun atmosphere was helped in particular by the big turnout from the Sunny Coast to try & beat us on home turf, maybe next year.

I think the big winner overall was RC racing, things are looking very good for a strong future for the Interclub Series.

So congratulations to everyone that took part & thank you for making it so much fun.

Regards
Martin Nichols
LCRCCC President
Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Tragic

I think the big winner overall was RC racing, things are looking very good for a strong future for the Interclub Series.
I'll echo those sentiments. Well done to Logan for winning the series and running a great event. Congrats to all the winners especially Tim Weir for taking out the daily double. Great job Martin for running the event. commentating and even winning a trophy. I think you have raised the bar for the other clubs. The interclub series is doing what it was setup to do. Foster friendly competition for the SEQ clubs, improve driving skills across all classes and encourage camaraderie amonst the drivers and organisers.
Thanks to all for a great series of events. Can't wait for next years.
Tom and Drew
Old 07-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What happened to round 4 ??? Is it canned ?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Looks that way chow. Theres really only three clubs that participate anyway so it probably makes sense to only have three interclub meets.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

o well there is always the BAYSIDE CUP its always a good day aswell hopefuly the extensions will be done by then
Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

To Chowman,

At this stage we (the interclub committee) don't know if the Gold Coast round will be run or not.

We have been told that they are intending to apply to the Council for special permission to run it but that's all we know.

It's very difficult to get any information at all from them.

Regards
Martin Nichols
Old 10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

What is happeneing to the 4th round of the Interclub? I notice that Gold Coast have scheduled another event in its palce and are advising the 4th round has been moved.

Link
Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Miku,

As President of LCRCCC & a member of the Interclub committee, I had a discussion with representatives of the Wynnum, Landsborough & Brendale clubs at the completion of the third round at Logan. There were no Gold Coast committee members present on that weekend.

At that time we did not know what was happening with the Gold Coast Club other than they were planning to apply to the council to run the Interclub round as scheduled. We had no indication as to whether or not that application had either been submitted or approved despite asking for further information via email which was not forthcoming.

So we took the decision to award this years trophy to Logan as the current points leaders, with the proviso that if the Gold Coast round was to be run then we would re-award the trophy to whichever club was ahead on points after that round.

At this stage the date for the Gold Coast round Nov 29 & 30th is still available & has not been re-allocated. The Interclub committee has not cancelled the event. If it is not run then you will have to ask the Gold Coast Club why they chose not to run it.

Regards
Martin Nichols
LCRCCC President
Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Tragic
Miku,

As President of LCRCCC & a member of the Interclub committee, I had a discussion with representatives of the Wynnum, Landsborough & Brendale clubs at the completion of the third round at Logan. There were no Gold Coast committee members present on that weekend.

At that time we did not know what was happening with the Gold Coast Club other than they were planning to apply to the council to run the Interclub round as scheduled. We had no indication as to whether or not that application had either been submitted or approved despite asking for further information via email which was not forthcoming.

So we took the decision to award this years trophy to Logan as the current points leaders, with the proviso that if the Gold Coast round was to be run then we would re-award the trophy to whichever club was ahead on points after that round.

At this stage the date for the Gold Coast round Nov 29 & 30th is still available & has not been re-allocated. The Interclub committee has not cancelled the event. If it is not run then you will have to ask the Gold Coast Club why they chose not to run it.

Regards
Martin Nichols
LCRCCC President
Perhaps the Interclub Reps could see if there is something that can be done about a club that doesn't communicate with the rest of the Reps. It must be hard to organise the competition when GCMR don’t participate in racing or communications.

Members from all clubs that hold Interclub meetings raced at all the Interclubs except GCMR, and the reps from the clubs also turned up wether they were racing or not. It would help if Gold Cost participated a little bit more, and then perhaps everybody would know more about their intentions and problems. GCMR can’t really expect anyone to support them in the Interclub the way the whole issue has been handled this year, and I hope that positive steps will be taken next year to make sure that it never happens again.

Kindest regards,
Lars