Wiki Posts
Search

RRCSA Electric Racing at Littlehampton

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RRCSA Electric Racing at Littlehampton

2008 will see some changes in the way racing is run at Littlehampton. After much discussion at last night's committee meeting it was decided that the current format of having all the groups together wasn't working as numbers were down in the individual classes. To alleviate that, we decided to run the racing over three weekends in each month with large scale running one weekend, electrics the next weekend and nitros the weekend after (at least I think that's the order).

So for the first few months of 2008 at least, electrics will run on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Exactly how much more track time this should give at each meeting is yet to be determined as it depends on numbers. Also it means that the meetings may be able to be shortened while still giving more race time.

Another possible benefit is the ability to introduce more classes. At the moment we run 27T stock, 19T super stock and modified. If the numbers are there, we could introduce a novice class so the newbies to racing race on their own and hopefully don't feel intimidated by having to run among the good drivers. It would also be good to introduce a mini class (my wife wants to run hers) and maybe 12th scale, although the issue of what (if any) traction additives may be used needs to be discussed and resolved (the Nationals was a special case as the club doens't like people using traction additives on a regular basis).

We could also toy with the idea of allowing brushless equivalents in the spec classes - 13.5 brushless in with stock and 9.5 or 10.5 in with 19 turn. Again this needs more discussion and consideration before I put a proposal together.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Brushless is a must, its strange clubs will let nitro cars spew oil on the track but they will not allow additives.

Maybe the attitude of the officials need to be looked at as well.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

Smile mmmNitro

I thought castor oil was a traction additive!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Racing once a month

Hi all..
There goes the hobby...A lot of people..me included will have to find something else to do..once a month..no way......
that sucks!......
mike
Old 12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all..
There goes the hobby...A lot of people..me included will have to find something else to do..once a month..no way......
that sucks!......
mike
You may wish to speak to some of your 5th scale compatriots, it was their idea. I'd rather race more often too but if the race days are better for it, then all well and good. If it doesn't work out, then we'll look at it.

This way the 5th and nitro classes get 10 minute qualifiers and (probably) longer finals.

If people don't like the decisions made at committee meetings then they need to get along and have a voice, it's that simple. They're open for anyone to attend so if you want a say in how your club runs, come along. Last meeting the numbers present were: Electric 1, Nitro 1, Trucks 0, 5th scale 8 or so.