Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Australia is Offical Stuffed >

Australia is Offical Stuffed

Australia is Offical Stuffed

Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

lol...i dont understand the whole anti union movement. They are not anti business they are anti badbusiness. I'm pretty sure people don't want bussiness run badly? Sorry but i'm about to turn post this into a miny essay as i attempt to explain that the idea of bad bussiness varys between individuals. Depends on your opion: bad bussiness for some might be that they dont contribute to the economy, for others is that they treat workers badly and have poor conditions.This is an arguement that will never be resolved and you will rarely change someones mind. The union is a neccesity in todays day and age IMO. I guess the challange for Ruddy is reaching a managable ballance and sustaining that ballance. I believe he can do this. Anyways i dont know why i entered a political discussion on a hobby forum...lol. It's normally a way to escape the seriousess of the world. Not that RC isn't serious!!!

Last edited by AusAnt; 11-24-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Bad spellling- and it's still bad
Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Being a worker in a factory and a union member, last time i checked we only went on strike when WE voted for it, not the union bosses. Anyway i thought this was an R/C forum
Old 11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

now that rudd is in power he might be able to stop the rip off employers using the IR laws like his WIFE did by under paying there workers . her business can not be to labor oriented to allow this to happen
but there will blame old johny for this.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh well...all i can say now is that chic owned howard with those TV ads.

owwww....i just heard that Rudd is going to 'try' keep petrol prices down...wouldnt that be nice?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM
taj
Tech Adept

this is what libs were voting for

Federal Labor today launched a time line setting out Peter Costello’s 21 year crusade to impose radical industrial relations changes on all Australians.

If John Howard wins the election - and Peter Costello becomes PM without facing the voters - Prime Minister Costello will take Work Choices further.

Prime Minister Costello will take Work Choices further because Peter Costello has spent the last 21 years agitating, advocating, and legislating for a more and more extreme American style industrial relations system.

For 21 years Mr Costello has used all the skills at his disposal, financial, legal, and political to erode the take home pay and conditions of working families.

Now after 21 years – and in the shadow of an election - Mr Costello has spent the last 21 days reluctantly promising he won’t take Work Choices further.

To judge the intentions of Prime Minister Peter Costello working families are entitled to look at the last 21 years, not just the last 21 days. Highlights of Mr Costello’s extreme industrial relations crusade include.

* 1986 - Formed New Right organisation called the HR Nicholls Society;
* 1986 - Advocated in the National Wage Case a 44 per cent cut to the minimum wage;
* 1986 – Attempted to radically change Liberal Party industrial relations policy from outside Parliament;
* 1989 – Costello installed in safe Liberal seat as part of a New Right push;
* 1991 – Argues to privatise the independent industrial relations umpire;
* 1993 – Supports $3 youth wage under Liberal’s Fightback! Policy;
* 1999 – Agitates for cutting the wages and working conditions of employees in regional Australia;
* 2004 – Agitates for the Howard Government to use its Senate majority to introduce extreme industrial relations laws;
* 2005 – Costello, Howard and Kevin Andrews draft Work Choices legislation plan, Howard forced to restrain Costello from even greater extremism;
* 2005 - Argues to scrap all protections except the minimum wage and put more workers onto unfair AWAs;
* 2005 – Agitates for the removal of all protections from unfair dismissal;
* 2005 – Votes to introduce Work Choices;
* 2006 – Receives economic modelling from his own department to take Work Choices even further;
* 2007 – After a lifetime crusade and in the shadow of an election begins denying he wants to take Work Choices further; and
* 2009? – Prime Minister Peter Costello will take Work Choices further.

Working families who want to know what life would be like under Prime Minister Costello should look at Mr Costello’s 21 years crusade, not his hollow promises over last 21 days.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

my 2 cents

when howards government put the rates up last time they gave themselves a payrise, they said it on the news on the radio. for the last few elections they promised to fix roads and lots of other bullshit.
including hospitals and all that crap. the rudsta made a ton of promises that obviously he wasnt going to follow through with , he just wanted in. johnny was making the promises he made so that he could fatten up his pension a bit more.
to me it comes down to two things, 1:its all about money doesnt really matter who gets in, its a huge paycheck every week or whenever with free travel and everything else that the public has to pay for, and 2: they are only the front men.
its the people that are making the desicions and paying the "spin doctors" and telling the pollies what to say that have the real power and the real agenda, whatever party you guys voted for you only did so based on the info that was presented to you and what you were told, same as all the other times b4.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Now that Little Johny has gone and now Costello doesn't want the leadership and put himself to the backbench, just wonder how many other RATS will leave the sinking Liberal ship
Old 11-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default PM

Sorry but unless you live in their electorat,Australians dont vote for prime minister.he is picked buy his party.and isnt this disscussion a bit late .Like a few months to late
Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry Koenig but it's not a huge paycheck, that's alot of the problem. Lots of Aussies earn more than the wage paid to our Prime Minister and most people with the skill required to be PM would never work for so little money.

Turnbull would be one of the few people with the skill and real world experience that will also work for the money they are offered, fortunately he has made himself a small fortune with his own business skills so doesn't need the weekly pay cheque offered in his political role.

Even the benefits offered to Howard now will pale into insignificance compared to what a CEO of a reasonable sized company would be offered after 11 years of service. The CEO of Maquarie Bank will earn more just this year than Howard has earnt his entire political career. Our country needs honourable skiiled politicians but the money doesn't justify the work those guys put in.

Very very few people work the hours a minister, treasurer or PM work, and most of us wouldn't work half of their average week. My wife is good friends of the Qld's Treasure's wife, and her husband was just never home, and I mean never home during his time as a minister. 14 hr days almost 7 days a week is rediculous, and many builders, plumbers and sparkies would easily earn more they he earnt during that time if they worked simialr hours.

Pay them more and get some good politicians I say !
Old 11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Many builders, plumbers and sparkies and the like don't get the lerks and perks that comes with being a polly, bet there not doing it tough like average Joe Blow, don't see them catching buses and trains that make average Aussies late for work
Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well said sandyian
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You guys are concerned now at what Labour will do to your mortgage rates.
You should see what has happened here in NZ for the Last 9 years or so.
Highest mortgage rates (9-10%) in the western world and no Tax cuts even with many many billion dollars surplus for the last 4-5 years.Very low wages compared to Australia and no willingness to get them up to some sort of comparison. Not to mention Labour thinking they can run every single part of your life for you, or always going against popular public opinion and doing exactly what every body doesn't want. Every one is sick of it here. It is no wonder Kiwi's are going to live in Australia in record numbers. Thank god we have an election next year.

Oh you guys might want to go and fix your mortages for about 3-5 years while you still have the chance.

What have you done.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I will note that WA results show 10 Liberal seats and 5 Labour seats, the election was effectively decided without us.

Is it too late to form a seperate country?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Strike one up for the WORKERS of this country. Howard was all for the rich and didnt give a stuff about workers. I am stoked mr rudd is now our leader.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by juzza99
Strike one up for the WORKERS of this country. Howard was all for the rich and didnt give a stuff about workers. I am stoked mr rudd is now our leader.
on ya juzza

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.