Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Did you use the 2nd hole on the c-hub or the outer hole on the chassis to shorten the front camber link?
I used the outer hole on the chassis. But will try more option hopefully tommorow if it doesnt rain.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was finally able to run my E4 in full anger on the weekend... it was very quick but not as stable as I thought it might be... I am also going to have to go in search of on-power steering in faster corners as it is definitly lacking in this area for me.

For the track I was running on it was also VERY softly sprung which caused quite a few headaches as I had limited springs available... I ended up with Tamiya White springs on the front, Tamiya blue on the rear and I feel it could still go harder.

Also, as the tires got hotter (Sorex 36R... the track kills tires) the car started to really try and "hook" into corners, in particular the 2 slow left hand corners on the track... I am not sure what that is a sign of... someone at the time suggested the car might be slightly tweaked but I checked that and that doesn't appear to be the case... any suggestions?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I was finally able to run my E4 in full anger on the weekend... it was very quick but not as stable as I thought it might be... I am also going to have to go in search of on-power steering in faster corners as it is definitly lacking in this area for me.

For the track I was running on it was also VERY softly sprung which caused quite a few headaches as I had limited springs available... I ended up with Tamiya White springs on the front, Tamiya blue on the rear and I feel it could still go harder.

Also, as the tires got hotter (Sorex 36R... the track kills tires) the car started to really try and "hook" into corners, in particular the 2 slow left hand corners on the track... I am not sure what that is a sign of... someone at the time suggested the car might be slightly tweaked but I checked that and that doesn't appear to be the case... any suggestions?
DUDE!!! you need steering??? Im sure the others that have driven the car will say it has the most steering of any other car on the market, its the one thing the car definatly does have STEERING. In sayinng that it may be a case of fine tuning. A little less front droop, i would say 3mm abouve ride height (even less if need be).

Sounds like you need stiffer sway bars all round on the car. Also like you said stiffer springs too, but i would try the bars first.

Tweak in the car is almost 100% perfect, in high grip conditions you may notice a difference due to more flex to one side from the extra grip. If the grip is high i would suggest the new centre brace.

Brace will be available in OZ by the end of this week. Bars are a little furter away.

Link to bars:http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...2107&pageNum=1
Link to centre brace:http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...2101&pageNum=1
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Well I've always been an individual :P

Yes its got PLENTY of steering... especially turning into corners and where there are quick direction changes needed... it was the quickest car through the twisty sections of the track on the weekend bar none....

But I am finding, on the track surfaces I am running on, that I could use more so I can get back on the throttle a bit earlier and hold tighter lines coming out of certain corners.

I won't get to run it again now until after new years so I can wait for the new bits... will get my lhs to order them after xmas.

One thing I would like to see just because I think like this, is I'd like to see that little plastic bit that locks the front diff made available separately... seems like a possible weak link to me
Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

?
In addition to what Ari has suggested, if you are running the kit setting, maybe remove some of the front toe out, I took mine to 0 degree toe out from kit settings because it was so sensitive on initial steering. Generally, less toe out helps with steering on power and in longer radius corners.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have any idea as to what weight the kit shock oil would be equivalent to in "normal" weights ie: 20, 30 etc?

Ari,

Will you be getting the motor heatsink?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by bender
Does anyone have any idea as to what weight the kit shock oil would be equivalent to in "normal" weights ie: 20, 30 etc?

Ari,

Will you be getting the motor heatsink?
Oil is same as 30wt (i run Much More brand).

Magic shipment arrived today, we will finish unpacking tomorrow, ready for shippping on Monday.

Spares, Heat sinks, braces are all in stock.

Regards

Ari
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OLD 69
Oil is same as 30wt (i run Much More brand).

Magic shipment arrived today, we will finish unpacking tomorrow, ready for shippping on Monday.

Spares, Heat sinks, braces are all in stock.

Regards

Ari
How much are these heat sinks going to retail for?... I was surfing around on rc-mushroom doing some research on lipos and I noticed it was on there for over $30US!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Company Representative

How much are these heat sinks going to retail for?... I was surfing around on rc-mushroom doing some research on lipos and I noticed it was on there for over $30US!!!
Not 100% sure of RRP but they are not cheap.

...Ari
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Company Representative

The Team Magic sponsored Sydney Grand Prix was run and won on the weekend.

Jake Zarb TQed and won the first two main finals with his E4, first race meeting first win.

Jakes E4 was basically out of the box except for the Motor Heatsink and Alum. Centre Brace.

Will have a setup for you all soon.

Regards

Ari
Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

I'd am really interested in knowing which body was run
Old 12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd am really interested in knowing which body was run
I Used a dodge stratos 3.0

My full setup is on the team magic website,

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/index...gType=E&re=yes
Old 12-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default E4 maybe only an E2?

0ll
Old 01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Help
I have broken 7 front UJ's
What am I doing wrong

Car is mint handles well lots of grip but I need to fix these front Uj's
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NZHobbies
Help
I have broken 7 front UJ's
What am I doing wrong

Car is mint handles well lots of grip but I need to fix these front Uj's
When do they break? what motor?, and are you running a spool or oneway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.