Wiki Posts
Search

PROPOSED 1/5TH ON-ROAD TRACK WINDSOR NSW

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
FSM
Tech Rookie

Default PROPOSED 1/5TH ON-ROAD TRACK WINDSOR NSW

I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM THING SO GO EASY ON ME.

WE ARE PROPOSING TO SET UP A RADIO CONTROL ON-ROAD RACEWAY AT WINDSOR NSW WE NEED TO GET AN IDEA ON NUMBERS THAT WOULD USE IT.

ALL SCALE RACING WILL BE WELCOME BUT THE TRACK WILL BE PLENTY BIG ENOUGH FOR 1/5TH SCALE RACING AND THAT IS THE MAIN INTEREST.

THE TRACK WOULD BE READY IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS PERHAPS EARLIER IF WE GET A GOOD RESPONSE.

THERE WILL BE HIRE CARS FOR THE BEGINNERS, WE HOPE TO FIND SOMEONE KEEN ENOUGH TO START A CLUB.

WE WILL BE HOLDING DRAG NIGHTS, ENDURANCE RACES AND OF COURSE CLUB MEETS.

THE TRACK IS WELL LIT AND HAS PLENTY OF RUN OFF, TRACK TIMING IS FITTED.

THE TRACK WILL BE PART OF THE INDY800 KART TRACK AT WILBERFORCE.

SO ANYONE OUT THERE CLUB OR LONE RACER THAT IS INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

Last edited by FSM; 10-10-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: FURTHER INFORMATION
Old 10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

where abouts in windsor?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I recon if you built a track to a National standard that would cater for 1/5th you couldn't go wrong.

Dependant upon when the racing was being run I'd race there.

Already travel from Newcastle to Moorebank now so Windsor may actually work out slighty closer.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

no point really mate, as SORMCC is already planning on building a track in Whalen with municipality support. the SORMCC track will be big enough to cater for 1;5th and 8th scale.

the 5th scale numbers currently are very small anyway, if you build a track you'de be better of doing one that is also suitable to 8th and tourer anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM
FSM
Tech Rookie

Default LOCATION

THE TRACK WILL BE PART OF THE INDY800 KART TRACK AT WILBERFORCE (BUTTERFLY FARM)

Last edited by FSM; 10-10-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
FSM
Tech Rookie

CRAIG
WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THE NATIONAL STANDARDS.
FRANK
Old 10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
FSM
Tech Rookie

TOMB

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY NO POINT.

I WENT TO SORMCC SITE NO MENTION OF 1/5TH

MAYBE THE REASON THE 1/5TH NUMBERS ARE SMALL IS BECAUSE THERE ARE LIMITED VENUES TO SUIT THESE MODELS

THE AIM (I BELIEVE) IS TO PROMOTE THE SPORT NO MATTER WHAT SCALE OR TYPE WE HAVE AN INTEREST IN.

FRANK
Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You can promote the sport but having venues closer to each other and running at the same day/s is not good for clubs as numbers will get diluted, like what's is happening now. Whalan will be catering for 1/5 scale like Tomb mentioned. PM "mugenracer" as he runs the club and will be able to tell you what his 1/5 plans are in the future.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Used to race my 125 Rotax go kart down there. Would be a great track for RC.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FSM
CRAIG
WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THE NATIONAL STANDARDS.
FRANK

Have a look at the AARCMCC site (there's a thread here), I'm sure there will be a link on there somewhere. The dimension for a National/International track would most likely be found in the general rules section.

If not PM Peter Ellis (fastoldfat) and I'm sure he will be able to hook you up with the details about track dimensions etc.

Craig
Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The more world class tracks the better IMO, there is more than enough population base in western sydney to satisfy the various people.

I wouldnt focus too much on 5th scale though, you will only ever get a handful of these racers. The dollars will come from the nitro racers, tourer with a smattering of 8th scale.

Just build it big and open so the Penrith guys will love it. And hopefully a few technical sections to keep it interesting for the rest.

Just run on alternate weekends to SORMCC, and there should be little conflict between the groups.

Good luck, and if we can offer some advice just ask.

I assume you guys have chatted with the likes of Windsor indoor track for some suggestions and advice? if not come down tomm night for a chat, ask for me if you like. Just look for the Safety orange tourer bouncing off the walls lol
Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

The IFMAR specifications for 1/5th tracks can be found on the 5th worlds site at http://www.5thscaleworlds.com/Downlo...8/Default.aspx

They are in section 3 of the IFMAR 1/5th Track Racing and Technical Rules file at the bottom of the rules section.

You can also get them from the IFMAR website at http://www.ifmar.org/

Cheers Alastair
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Well done. The committee at PDNR have at ample time to get a permanent track. Its about time somebody to took the bull by the horns and catered for the RC population around this area who want a permanent track.If the track is anything like the off road track that the BUTTERFLY farm set up imsure it will be success.

Tomas B pull your head in you glove of love men
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Well done. The committee at PDNR have at ample time to get a permanent track. Its about time somebody to took the bull by the horns and catered for the RC population around this area who want a permanent track.If the track is anything like the off road track that the BUTTERFLY farm set up imsure it will be success.

Tomas B pull your head in you glove of love men
lol go and help a club and you will realise what it takes to get shit happening

you said "PDNR have at ample time to get a permanent track" yeah corey, like you just wish it and it comes you've been reading to much of "the secet" dude first you need to find a location...not easy dude. you don't think PDNR have been trying this?

....heck yeah they don't know what they are doing ay! they haven't taken advantage of the opportunity of the potential popularity of nitro in the outer western suburbs..nah they just get 80 to 100 fricken nitro nuts each tuesday bloody night!!

pull my head in? maybe you should stop pulling glove this punk!, i just spanked ya
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

tom, economics 101 will sort out appropriate use of productive resources... however ctg, everyone is entitled to their opinion no need to have a personal swipe because you dont like it

keep a potentially productive thread productive eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.