Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
SYDNEY'S NEW OFFROAD TRACK OPENS SOON!!!! >

SYDNEY'S NEW OFFROAD TRACK OPENS SOON!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYDNEY'S NEW OFFROAD TRACK OPENS SOON!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Have been to the Indy track and after speaking to the owners, they have built the track for everyone to use, like they did with the Go kart track they have and the water ski park as well, as a privately owned property I feel that since they own the track their prices are reasonable due to the fact that they maintain the track and grounds (no volunteers) and also insurance etc, we own our own business and know the costs of running a business in nsw due to the stupid nsw government fun police putting expensive strains on a business, you cannot please everyone so for the knockers stay away and leave them alone or build your own track and have a go yourself but we know you won't cause you are always on this web site, just remember the Indy track have never been involved in this sport and they built this track for everyones enjoyment not to be bagged on!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default inclement weather

Hi All, with the rain that seems to be hanging around it is advised that all users call the office prior to coming out just incase the track is a little bit to wet, the water does drain a way quite quickly and we also give it a hand where possible, regards jason.
Ph 02 45751955
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Jason,
At Castle Hill we've been telling as many nitro drivers as possible to head out to your track.So if you like picking up empty cans of bourbon,cigarettes and the occasional turd in front of your shed you'll be set.

Keep up the good work.

P.S maybe put in a transponder loop and hire the whole track

P.S.S maybe not non-profit clubs aren't that well off.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default sun sun and more sun

We are back up and running this weekend after the rain, thanks to all who have inquired as to how we are going, it is going ok so far and we are looking forward to seeing more new users as we love to see everyone having fun, hmmm bourbon sorry had a relapse, I cant believe that there are messy modelers in sydney,
see you all soon,Jason.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Painy
it does not cost anything to run on any tracks in australia unless there is a race meeting on.

but champ what other track do you race on that is on private land?

talk to Dave from ryper, how much does he charge?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

I saw this track last week when I was up there Go-Karting, it looks really good and no doubt has alot of potentional.

Even though I am a long standing member of St Ives club I really hope these guys get this off the ground. I particularly like the raised pit lane, it's a really good thing.

I would like to make two comments though, if you are trying to attract people there for feedback and spread the word then I really think you need a period of time where it's free to run on, then the money will come after that. Why not make it free until Mid January, that way people can come and try it, maybe buy trucks for Xmas, try it again with their new toys, then start looking at someone starting a club to recover costs.

I'd love to come and try it but from Balmain, it's $10 in fuel (or more), even more in toll, and then $10-$15 to try out the track!!! Thats a $40 day before I even start the truck up!

On the other hand, I will disagree with those who say there is plenty other choice as the St Ives track is NOT open to Nitro at any time other than a club meet, those are Council rules not club rules and Rangers have been asked to remove anyone breaking the rules. Ryde is also electric only and I can't vouch for Castle Hill.

So in summary I think its a great Idea and a great job and I'm sure will take off, I just think that a little lattitude in price now would reap greater rewards later.

Cheers

Steve
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any one ran on this track as yet?

Have we got any jumps on it yet?..

Keen to come out for a day and have a run on it just for fun.. wont be for a couple of weeks at least thou

$15 to run on a track all day sounds pretty good to me

Dave
Old 01-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

any news ?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default info

Hi all, I have been unable to work on the track since before christmass due to changes in my personel life, I work a regular job like everyone else and help out a mate who owns the facility, the looking after of the track has been taken over by a great bloke who loves his rc cars, this sunday 13th Jan 2008 there is a free drive day from 10 am to 5 pm at the track, bring your cars and some food for a full days fun for "FREE". there will be a BBQ supplied if you require to cook your lunch, full kiosk facilities will also be available on the day,
regards Jason.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

went out to the track yesterday, nice layout, but needs jumps.
what is the web address?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default website address

Hi All, our new manager Frank has set up a website for the offroad track, you can get all the info at www.hobbyaus.com.au or www.hobbyaus.net.au and in relation to jumps this is a track for everyone and frank will add the jumps as he see's fit, the open drive day last sunday was a great success by what I hear, plenty of cars and drivers on hand to try the track, many enjoyed the day even without jumps, seems like the only ones who want jumps are the so called legends on this forum, think of the average joe, maybe he might want some flat area to learn to drive, once he learns then he can join a club and become a legend to, keep your eye on the website to see whats happening out there, jason
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default HI Indy

Like the idea of all the fun out there . Had a blast out there on sunday. Will try and get the buggy hotter, may be it will blow up then, Darn thing., Any way us over here at Barclay's will be out there again on sunday with a few more ppl with us and who ever else said they wanted to go out there and HAVE SOME FUN,,,,,, See ya then ,, Roy
Old 01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Decoder

Hey, anyone sees Dadaman, get him to ring me.
We need the decoder for racing Sat pm.

Desperate Syd RC Car Club
Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Butterfly Farm - Off Road Track

. I was soooooo looking foward to playing with my new buggy this weekend. Looks as though the weather will beat us all. I have been out to the track a couple of times lately, and as far as I'm concerned, Frank has it SPOT ON!!!.

Start it off slowly, get a few ppl interested and THEN perhaps consider catering to the whims of those who want jumps...
If you want airtime.....BUY A PLANE!!! .
Get out there people, support Frank, support the facility, support your hobby and you will be blown away at the speed at which this place will grow...

See you out there, and remember......You're not on fire Ricky-Bobby..
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Impressed

I went out on the public free day on the 13th, I was impressed !!!As a few people have mentioned previously, It takes $$$$$$ to build and run a business , So I think $20 is very reasonable. Yeah sure I can take my tuck down to whalan reserve, but what if I hurt someone?????? thats right no one is covered for public liability there!! At least everyone is covered there!!!
I am interested in forming a club there for 1/10 truggies so if anyone else is interested leave your details with Frank (can be contacted @ [email protected] ) just remember , things actually won't happen unless we make them happen ! so come out and have some fun .

robbieH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.