Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tiny
you can count on that . If you go on sunday i will go to 2 bad and we will show him. Allso iwas thinking about this friday night at yeronga in stock trim , how bout it guy's ?????????????
I wasn't planning to go, but it sure is tempting now we have a shiny target, errr shiny Bokomo to race against.

If Tiny keep's twisting my arm, I'll see you (Keith) and my young apprentice on Sunday.

But what about Friday night Keith... will you have all the filing done on the "SD"? Cause if your gona bring the old Bokomo then it's hardly worth charging up my batteries, let alone Tiny's batteries!
Old 05-14-2003, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

you can count on that . If you go on sunday i will go to 2 bad and we will show him. Allso iwas thinking about this friday night at yeronga in stock trim , how bout it guy's ?????????????
Don't get too excited about this Stock idea for Friday night. We don't run stock on Friday night and with the numbers we are getting we don't have room for another class in teh time we have available to us.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by heavy
Don't get too excited about this Stock idea for Friday night. We don't run stock on Friday night and with the numbers we are getting we don't have room for another class in teh time we have available to us.
They'll just throw Johnson's in them!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Not!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 01:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedbump
They'll just throw Johnson's in them!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Not!!!!
Yep - I can just see Wade, Pete, and Keith running 540.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Old 05-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will never, repeat never put a Johnson 540 in my SD, let alone race it in 540. I don't even have a 540 in my comm lathe!
Fools.
Keith M.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by YOKOMOSHO
I will never, repeat never put a Johnson 540 in my SD, let alone race it in 540. I don't even have a 540 in my comm lathe!
Fools.
Keith M.
I think the "bump" is giving you sound advice Keith!

Or don't you remember what happen when you stuck a 9 turn into the Bokomo at Brendale????

I’ll give you a hint….. bang… wizzzzzz ….oooohh Noooooo!

Com'on Keith, start with the 540 and work your way up to stock. By September you might be getting good at Stock.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

A post from Tiny..... You wouldn't have a beer in your hand would you???
Old 05-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Pete, if you want to spend any more time on this thread, I think you should actually get a Yoke SD, instead of just taking up valuable space (or do you harbour secret desires for one?)
Getting the thread back on track, what (if any) lube have SD owners used on the diff gears? I was thinking of using a little of the white diff grease, or maybe even Tamiya's ceramic grease.
Keith M.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:41 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Keith,
I'm not sure if Rob was kidding last nite but he said he had some parts from your kit still in the shop.

I guess he pulled them out so you couldnt finish building your car
Old 05-19-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by YOKOMOSHO
I've just got mine earlier today. Quality looks very good, and thankfully, an ok set of instructions (Yoke manuals are like a box of chocolates). I can't see many real dramas in how it will go together, but if anyone out there has built one, any issues with construction? Now to get sanding on the beautiful ssg plates.
Keith M.
Just got my hands on my SD tonight.
Did you have any drama building it? I spoke to a guy with an SD at Kambah yesterday and all he said was to put 2 instead of 3 shims on the drive gear shafts as it seemed they were a little tight.
What do you mean by sanding the plate?

Ta

Sam
Old 05-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good to hear Sam, the Yoki looks like a great car, looking forward to seeing some more around.

Contact PM me where to get hold of one? as we discussed
Old 05-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

twocan1 - by sanding, I mean sanding all of the edges on all the ssg plates (chassis, top and middle deck and towers). Not the flat surfaces of course! This will smooth all the edges, and if you then seal the edges with superglue, it gives a beautiful, smooth and stronger edge which is less likely to delaminate over time. The car won't handle any differently, and it is quite some effort to go to, but I find it worthwhile. If you do this though, use some sort of dust mask, as the powder/dust from the sanding process is nasty stuff which you don't want getting into your system.
Keith M.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:29 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Gee its a nice day Keith you shouldnt be stuck inside playing in the Library!! Go outside and kick a footy around you are on holidays!
Old 05-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

twocan 1 - sorry, forgot to answer your first question! I had no real dramas building mine. The parts fit very nicely, well moulded plastics, well machined aluminium etc... The shimming issue is a little puzzling to some. I shimmed mine exactly as per the instructions, and after one race meeting, rear diff gears look good and are very smooth. Gears in the front (one way on my car) are not quite so rosy. There has been some wear on both gears, which was apparent after just 3 races. Triple checked that I had built properly in the first place, and I think I did it fine. Have had a suggestion on the SD thread from the electric on-road section of RCtech to shim it differently (in the front) to the manual. Suggest you suss this out for yourself. Good luck!
Keith M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.