Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORCCA GAS Tourer Rules???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wouldn't it be Nice if there was an ORCCA Qld Gas Tourer and Pro Tourer Titles.

You are right however about not pleasing everbody

Limit the motors to just two or three "low budget" Models of similar HP.

Last edited by Swamp Rat; 08-31-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Gas Tourer is a club event and each club has a set of rules to run to.

Interclub has a set of rules for Interclub events which you can run to.

There is NO Qld titles for Gas Tourer so ORRCA doesn't need a set of rules. (at this point in time)

The collection of people next weekend will be Sth East Qld only - ORRCA represents Qld total and the Interclub meets are nothing to do with ORRCA.

Read my post a few back again and you will see that I am working on it and yes I ak taking John Taintons submission into account and I have had a very good look at Vortex and follow their arguments on the rctech with great interest - are they al happy with their rules - definitely not.

You are right about one thing - Gas Tourer rules are very hard, abusive emails, threats of legal action , the whole basket - too hard for ORRCA - well, time will tell.
Couldn't have said it better Heavy. Well done mate.

Leonard Lai
ORRCA QLD Secretary.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
Wouldn't it be Nice if there was an ORCCA Qld Gas Tourer and Pro Tourer Titles.

You are right however about not pleasing everbody

Limit the motors to just two or three Models of similar HP.
Hi Shayne,

With AARCMCC already running and having a set of clearly defined rules (under IFMAR banner), it would be foolish to have and hold state titles for the one class (Pro tourers), just like it would be for electric racing.

Thank for your enquiry.

Leonard Lai
ORRCA QLD Secretary.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shane, SEQ has a set of rules for Gas tourer, the Interclub rules, most clubs in SEQ run to these rules at club level.
Don't you like these rules or what, ORRCA Qld doesn't run a Title for them at present so why do we need rules for them.

I personally have run Gas tourer at Brendale from 02 to 05 and loved it, we all ran OS cvx's, a controlled rubber tyres and pull start only.
I was the one that brokered the Gas tourer rules between Brendale, Logan and Bayside for the first 3 round Interclub series in I think 05.
But since then I've had enough of the crap that goes on in this class by the loud minority.
Now if someone wants to get a set of rules together get the majority of ORRCA Qld clubs to agree with these rules, and then send a member to the next AGM and vote for them.
Then we'll have a set of rules that the majority of clubs agreed on, at this stage no one has been able to do this.

I personally would like to see a Gas tourer ORRCA Qld title but I'm not prepared to go thought the crap that Heavy talked about to get it, if a group of drivers want to have a chat at the Interclub about it I would be prepared to chair the meeting, as long as the bullpoo was left at home.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Couldn't have said it better Heavy. Well done mate.

Leonard Lai
ORRCA QLD Secretary.
The question is Are GAS TOURER RULES STILL ON ORCCA's Adgender (?) IF NOT JUST SAY SO and if Not Why the change since June 2006.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by john h
Shane, SEQ has a set of rules for Gas tourer, the Interclub rules, most clubs in SEQ run to these rules at club level.
Don't you like these rules or what, ORRCA Qld doesn't run a Title for them at present so why do we need rules for them.

I personally have run Gas tourer at Brendale from 02 to 05 and loved it, we all ran OS cvx's, a controlled rubber tyres and pull start only.
I was the one that brokered the Gas tourer rules between Brendale, Logan and Bayside for the first 3 round Interclub series in I think 05.
But since then I've had enough of the crap that goes on in this class by the loud minority.
Now if someone wants to get a set of rules together get the majority of ORRCA Qld clubs to agree with these rules, and then send a member to the next AGM and vote for them.
Then we'll have a set of rules that the majority of clubs agreed on, at this stage no one has been able to do this.

I personally would like to see a Gas tourer ORRCA Qld title but I'm not prepared to go thought the crap that Heavy talked about to get it, if a group of drivers want to have a chat at the Interclub about it I would be prepared to chair the meeting, as long as the bullpoo was left at home.
I know what you are saying.The Current interclub rules are in place and are workable.
But It has already been Agreed by Your own 2006 committee to introduce a state standard what has changed ??
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

The question is Are GAS TOURER RULES STILL ON ORCCA's Adgender (?) IF NOT JUST SAY SO and if Not Why the change since June 2006.
Shayne,

The Gas tourer class has been tabled many times since the 2005 (and motioned at the 2006 AGM - which was to be a submission only and to be looked at further, before officially entered as a class into the rulebook).

Since then, there has been quite a debate over this class. Until the clubs and interclub committee can agree on a standardised and complete set of rules to run the class under, ORRCA QLD will not proceed with this class at a state level or set rules at this point in time.

Please ask your club committee member/delegate to contact ORRCA QLD and/or attend the AGM to put forward your club's views on this matter (or any other you may have).

Leonard Lai
ORRCA QLD Secretary.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

ORCCA has been given a mandate to work on Our (THE RACERS / CLUBS of QLD) behalf to provide a set of guild lines to work with and ORCCA was to provide Rules for GAS Tourers AS voted on by the orcca commitee of 2006
Interesting word… “mandate”
I don’t believe “(THE RACERS / CLUBS of QLD)” can set a mandate to ORRCA Qld. (must be a typo )

I do recall a cold winter’s night way back when I was on the ORRCA Committee when this issue was first raised (probably around the 2003/2004). My recollection was that it was raised by a North Qld Club in reference to rules for gas trucks. As we had sooo many clubs that were running gas powered vehicle (On/Off-road) as well as Electric RC cars (which was the foundation interest of forming ORRCA Australia), it was deemed a “Good idea” to get involved in Gas powered vehicles and have a set of rules. Luckily for me then (and even today ), I knew nothing about Gas and it was palm off to some poor sole to gather together a set of basic rules. That’s how it started.

There was some thought that in the future we “might” hold a Title event or a demonstration event, but this never really got off the ground as the rules for gas are soo problematic.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=DirtyDog3375;3632942]Shayne,

My parents where to poor to buy an "Y"

It's just SHANE.

Shouldn't it be the other way around

ORCCA SET THE GUIDE LINES, Interclub revise them as needed for the interclubs and The clubs do the same at club level.

The Starting point must be with the Governing Body ORCCA. Form a sub committee , call for proposals, submit proposals to the Clubs,Vote on them at the AMG.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No it's not the other way round, ORRCA Qld is a group of clubs, the committee is, members of these clubs that are voted into the positions by a delegate from each club at an AGM.
The committee doesn't make up rules, but as they are also delegates from there clubs they can put forward rule changes or new rules to be voted on at the AGM.
Rules are changed or added by submissions from clubs or there delegates.
To my knowledge over the time I've been President there has been only 1 submission of Gas tourer rules sent in by a member of a club, there has been nothing from clubs or there delegates.
This submission was discussed at a committee meeting and was noted in the minutes.
Negative comments as what Heavy, myself and other committee members have received on here and indirectly will get us nowhere fast.

I have discussed some common Gas tourer rules and canvased interest in a ORRCA Qld title with about 12 Gas tourer drivers over the last month or so all have positive interest and I will discuss this further at the Interclub.

So the onus is back to the clubs, all interested drivers discuss this with your clubs committee, get your committee to put forward a submission to the ORRCA Qld committee, now for the hard part, canvas other clubs to get a set of rules the majority agree on, have this majority turn up a the next AGM
and presto you'll have your set of rules and the ORRCA Qld committee asking the clubs who wants to run the first title.

My purposed rules put forward to theses drivers are ARRCMCC chassis rules, weight at 1800g, controlled motor std OS TG, open tyres.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Cool ORRCA Gas Tourer Rules

Originally Posted by john h
My purposed rules put forward to theses drivers are ARRCMCC chassis rules, weight at 1800g, controlled motor std OS TG, open tyres.
I think that John has the rule set about right.
Considering that most, if not all 1/10th scale Gas tourer kits are made to suit these rules and we all know that this rule set works.
As for the motor, Good choise. The OS TG is a cheap and easy motor for all to use and it will bolt straight into all available kits.

As for me, I currently run a Pro tourer and this makes it dead easy to run both classes with just a motor change.

ding...