Its Coming.....................

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Its Coming.....................

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

foam and brushed concrete don't mix, but driving slow out of the rain is better than not racing at all....
Old 05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

brad are you the guy that i was talking to at moorebank that drives the tg10R? you were commenting to me about moorebanks layout and the design of it etc

it's Tomas B
Old 05-04-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hope you've got lots of money.

I can imagine what the lease on a building big enough for a decent size layout and pit area to cater for the numbers of competitors would be pretty large, especially in that area, before even thinking about an area for a shop.

I'ld think being Industrial area, there would be no problem with hours of operation as long as you dot all your i's and cross all your t's on the DA to council.

Why bother using pipe if it's not temporary? Do it right if you don't have to move it!
Old 05-04-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default how to fund it?

Maybe he could say he's from a disadvantaged minority group and then the gumbiment will give out lots of taxpayer dollars for a worthy project.

You wanna race at our track BRUDDA !!
Old 05-04-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

U could try, once setup.
Putting a huge air extraction unit in, plus put suction vents in the floor, in the middle of the track, but not in the places we drive, so that then, after a while, once it is set up, Us nitro boys can have a run and no one will die from having all crap floating in the air.
but u need extraction in the roof and in the floor to get rid of the exhausts.

and it would also help get rid of the O^3 gas produced by electric motors (also known as O-Zone, a very serious and toxic gas)
Old 05-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

If it's a disused warehouse or similar, it should have at least one big roller door maybe more. Plenty ventilation if you leave them open.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

really they would need a roller-door at each end to allow for the wind to blow through one door, out the other.

and then the people at one end, cop the cold night air, and the other end get the cold night air along with exhaust fumes.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I dont think you will ever see an indoor nitro track the economics just dont work out, and it could never be as big as tosserbank, therefore very few noisy tourer drivers will actually ever make it around the track, Well i guess it could be good for the onsite shop, plenty of spares sold every race day.

AIRetc all i can say is that i hope it is done properly, this should entail consultation with key players in RC, both organisers and racers.

If the surface is currently brushed concrete, i suggest finding out about the possibility of painting the surface with tar paint, so that foams can be used. Something similar to hoppers crossing in melbourne.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by scottyhill
Hope you've got lots of money.

I can imagine what the lease on a building big enough for a decent size layout and pit area to cater for the numbers of competitors would be pretty large, especially in that area, before even thinking about an area for a shop.

I'ld think being Industrial area, there would be no problem with hours of operation as long as you dot all your i's and cross all your t's on the DA to council.

Why bother using pipe if it's not temporary? Do it right if you don't have to move it!
scottyhill
You're right. Its not cheap. Once I have 100% lease terms signed off, i'll pass on particulaurs regarding floor space.

Im not constructing, so dont need D.A approval. Hours of operation will depend on the Dept of Fair Trading because of the implications of having staff etc.

To make it permanent in the sense of using boards etc was considered ( & still is to a degree) but we would like the oppurtunity to change layouts from time to time.

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

If u believe that you will neva run nitros there, put in carpet.

and what surface is the Car Park?
Old 05-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Besercoe
I dont think you will ever see an indoor nitro track the economics just dont work out, and it could never be as big as tosserbank, therefore very few noisy tourer drivers will actually ever make it around the track, Well i guess it could be good for the onsite shop, plenty of spares sold every race day.

AIRetc all i can say is that i hope it is done properly, this should entail consultation with key players in RC, both organisers and racers.

If the surface is currently brushed concrete, i suggest finding out about the possibility of painting the surface with tar paint, so that foams can be used. Something similar to hoppers crossing in melbourne.
On your first point, not only is it economically not viable......but try getting an Indemnity Insurance policy to cover you

Im not going to turn away the support & advice of those that will make this a long term sucsess, so I assure you, input from "key players" will be sought & used.

Considering a surface called ARDUR K15, which is a self levelling compound, which once cured will give a finish with less imperfections than bituman.

As I said from the initial post, any suggestions are more than welcome.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Besercoe

Old 05-04-2003, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

What surface is the Carpark?
Old 05-04-2003, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by V-One S
What surface is the Carpark?
Its cement. Unfortunately it doesnt lend itself to a viable racing surface.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Damn,
I was thinking if it was proper sealed u could run nitro there for a meet, then do electric indoor.

have u read the dream track forum, now that would be a track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.