Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Dr Lowtech

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Dr Lowtech please help!

Dr Lowtech,
After reading & using the advice you have offered so far, im convinced that you are the man to help me with my questions.

Im a stock driver & i've noticed the importance of a "free drivetrain". I've read elsewhere that if you "flush" your bearings, it will help make my car quicker. The problem is doctor, that its costing me a fortune in replacement bearings, not to mention plumbers costs to un block my s bend?? Im not really seeing a benefit as when the plumber retrieves my bearings, they are usually full of shit again, on the count of dad forgetting to use the other toilet. Please help.

my other question is

In an attempt to "free my car", I recently broke INTO villawood detention centre. Once inside, I threw my car over the fence, back out into "freedom", but apart from a cracked chassis, my car doesnt seem much free'r? Should I leave it in Villawood Detention centre for longer, or should I try Long Bay or something?

Thankyou
Your friend
Timmy.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Besercoe
I think you need to take that question to DR Lowtech.
Ask him how to make a chick magnet...

Dr, this request is from another thread, but i thought i would bring it to your attention. Can you guide this poor lost soul in the art of attracting women?

I have heard rumours of your extraordinary ways with the women.
Chick Magnet.

Ok first we have to talk about my research on Chick Magnets. To be a chick magnet is every guys dream, now it can be done with a little help from the Doctor. I have found a few ways to attract women and will again try to explain them to you. But be careful.

My first method was to infiltrate a Bras and Things store and plant a metal impregnated bra and knickers that I had been working on in the labs and put them onto the rack. I then left the store and attached a heap of motor cans to my waist on a sort of ammo belt set-up. I then waited and waited until the garments were sold.

Straight away I followed her, I couldn’t get too close as the bag of shopping would be ripped from her hand and onto the ammo melt laced with old motor cans. My luck, she stopped into the toilet and slipped on the new garments.

After she came out I followed her closer and closer, I could see her starting to loose balance as the magnetic field started to work it’s magic, then just as I was about to succeed I passed a convent. Before I knew it I had four nuns flying midair being dragged by their crosses around their necks. As this happened she turned around to see these nuns stuck to my waist, not a good look. Back to the drawing board. Looks like the Neodymium magnet had too much range for this use.

My second attempt still going along with the Magnet theory but was to use a magnet that I could turn on and off as I pleased. Yes you guessed it, An Electro Magnet. I was in luck as the local metal scrap yard was selling it’s crane off that has an electro magnet on the end to pick up huge lumps of steel and scrap cars and things.

ECM (Electric chick magnet) was looking good. I installed it onto the back panel of the 1974 Land Cruiser and was off to cruise the streets. I parked it just outside a Body piecing parlour as I knew this should be a metal rich environment. I walked in and wanted to speak to my friend Albert, so I could get a little inside information. The girl at the counter asked if she could help me and I said yea I was after Albert. She said oh Prince Albert, yep come this way. Before I knew it I screamed and ran out in pain and never to go back. So the ECM was never used as I thought my new metal parts would be to close to the magnet to try it out.

After many unsuccessful attempts I did what any true professor would do. I went back to labs of TSW and continued to work on such projects as IFT, Serial Motors and other projects, hoping, one day, I will make it big and the girls will love me for my money.

Dr Lowtech.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

DR LOWTECH, thanks alot for sorting out those new stock motors for us at the Maitland buggy race on the weekend, it's a pity you had to get back to the facility! Anyway TSW managed to take the first 3 grid spots in stock, but the motors were too powerful for the final, allowing Matt Primmer to sneak in front and walk away! Next time we need more top-end and less powerful torque curves.

BTW when can TSW arrange a visit to the new Cell Reconditioning Facilty
Old 05-26-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by black-knight

BTW when can TSW arrange a visit to the new Cell Reconditioning Facilty
TSW can come up anytime, infact just drop by, van should be out the front if im in!

Sorry about the motors, but i thought there would have been more grip or.... you could have pulled less throttle - remember "use the force"

Anybody that will be running at the Offroad Nats should contact me about 3000mah cells, we have the technology!!!

BK - How did ur new paintjob go? was it a standout?

here is a picture of my new facility, hey nice paint work! great colours!

Old 05-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

dr. lowtech i am tossing up wheather to buy a new cdc eagle so i can use nimh in my car. and i am just woundering if it would be worth it?? thanks.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Matt04 the Dr will respond to your ? shortly, he is due back soon.
There was some talk his "TRANSPORT" was sited in the south, although that has'nt been confirmed, last I heard he was in Cambodia.....
Old 06-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Dear Dr, after racing today I followed your instructions and unassembled the motor, I found that my arm had not been balanced properly, there seems to be parts where a drill has been used, I beleive this to be the clamping method when wrapping. I need some advise in what to use to fill the holes, they are 1mm and quite deep. Sellys need it work? after filling the holes how do I go about re ballancing I've tried several different flat/level surfaces sometimes it falls left then sometimes right??
Old 06-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Oh Doc, forgot to mention tried to ring you today but your number has been disconnected, Is it still the same as the one advertised or is there a change we were not aware of?(348622)did I leave out the nine????
Old 06-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SmokinJoe
Oh Doc, forgot to mention tried to ring you today but your number has been disconnected, Is it still the same as the one advertised or is there a change we were not aware of?(348622)did I leave out the nine????
yes i think a 9 is needed
Old 06-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i was advised to put a post here in search of no-contact thermometers. i here i can get a good price from someone who has got heaps of em.... plz pm thanx....
Old 06-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Dragonbreath, you have come to the right place but your search is not over. The Dr is a consultant only to TSW, he does not have pricing available. You need to contact sales and service team.
Swirvin Mirvins the guy you want, approach myself or BK for information. Are'nt you the guy who was after a dyno?
Old 06-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats ok... matt told me to ask bout it here... don't need a dyno.. i have my own crap one and access to a robotronics dyno. what more do you need?
Old 06-14-2003, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

SIGHTED!!!! I think I saw the Dr himself today at the creek. He was hiding under sheeps clothing but when I approached him he disappeared in the crowd. Was I seeing things??
Old 06-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SmokinJoe
SIGHTED!!!! I think I saw the Dr himself today at the creek. He was hiding under sheeps clothing but when I approached him he disappeared in the crowd. Was I seeing things??
the Dr was checking for Assassins!

mmm Assassin, Just what the Dr ordered!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default JUST WHAT THE DR ORDERED!!!

Only after some Lowtech care could these results be achieved,
Matt Dall 2wd stock - 2nd motor-CeRiaL kiLleR
Luc Button 2wd mod - 3rd motor-all new 4BS 10x3
with the 4BS we ran out of brushes for the finals, but because of the reduced wear on the other two we were able to rotate the brushes, still with 4 new brushes installed in the final leg luc showed incredible speed. With more testing to come it looks the goods...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.