Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet Racing in Sydney

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Your best bet for indoor carpet in Sydney would be to work a deal with Windsor hobbies, there was some talk of a few years ago for Simon Cox to provide an up front loan or donation of funds for carpet however this never eventuated.

I also had an idea that racers get a part share in such an arrangement sort of like members where they submit a fee upfront and are then entitled to free practice, reduced race fees, shop discounts etc.

With windsor you do not have to worry about the venue, the carpet could be layed down permanently and no setup time required.

Also dont even think about using carpet other than Ozite, anything else is a waste of time and will not keep the punters ocming back
This is the point I was making to Dada, I am sure Steve would be open to the idea of someone taking over the running of the track or racing, obviously there would be a cost involved but as you said if a well organised group came in that part should not be a problem! The carpet could be secured under the barriers which would stop it from rippling and the venue is awsome so you would have one of the best racing venues in the country! I think attracting numbers would not be a problem!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Whats Steve think of the idea?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Dadaman, would you think about forming a club for the club challenge. We Windsor boys have been waiting to race under a team in the club challenge on any surface
Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Whats Steve think of the idea?
exactly has anbody actually spoken to steve?
i also think that when windsor fist opened & grip was an issue the then owners(auswide) looked into carpet but the owner of the building wouldnt let them put carpet down(thats what i was told,could be wrong)
another point is, can sydney metro area support another rc venue?
dont take this as negative purely a realalistic observation,anyway good luck with what you are doing
Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

At this present moment, I will leave Windsor as it is. I have not written it off completly at this stage because Windsor is a very good venue and Steve is a great supporter of this fine hobby.

There has been a few developments today that I am extreamly happy about. I am now looking very seriously at the idea of carpet racing at a indoor venue. Most hurdles have now been overcome, but there is still one or 2 more that I have to discuss with people. As things become more clearer, I will update you all on the progress.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

I can here the vacuums starting now, Don't tell my wife but this is the only way I will get on a vacuum
\
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone had any venue ideas such as halls, clubs, etc.... PM me the details. I want as many people to have an input as I can get.

Thanks,
Adam.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Good luck guys, I hope you do get the club up and running and I will keep an eye on this thread, so when it is up and running I would like to come over from WA and race against you guys. Any information needed on running an indoor carpet track, just ask and I will try and help or get answers for you, or visit our web site. www.precc.org.au
Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Gnome for your support
Old 07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Dadaman,

Firstly, I think what you are doing is great.
For some input, I would suggest a somewhat central location as previously mentioned eg Parramatta so that it is relativly easy to get to for most people, but also not stepping on the anyone elses toes,although maybe being close to another venue (but run on a different night of the week) as you may be able to use their transponder system.
For venues, try looking at community based halls eg Scout halls, I used to be involved with the Scouts and they are ALWAYS under funded and looking for fund raising opportunities, and they have a largeish size hall that is only used one or two nights a week. I'll bet that they would even lay/pickup carpet tiles for you as part of the deal, and you'd get a huge influx of novices as well. (new members, more cash) you might be able to get away without carpet (just for something a bit different) as the flooring is usually well worn wood and would not be as slippery as a polished basketball court surface, and a few scratches will go un-noticed. Most of these halls will be too small, but you might find one that is big enough. If you want to pursue this avenue, I can give you a few contacts and put in a recomendation in your favour.

Good luck!

Pete
Old 07-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

how are you going to guarantee the flatness of tiles layed by inexperienced people.

YOU CANNOT RUN A PROPER CARPET MEETING OR EVEN PRACTICE WITH AN UNEVEN CARPET SURFACE WITH JOINS AND BUMPS EVERY FOOT.

Geez guys, get the message hey!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

The transponder system is not a problem I believe having spoken to Dadaman

Ron Burgundy why don't you just F$%$ off you silly gimp
Old 07-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah no worries, corey...

Enjoy the racing you plebs......

And when it all turns to shit, the people who know what happens when things arent done PROPERLY will turn up and laugh..

You wont take advice, criticism, call it what you want - burn your money, it will be quicker and will look better and be a whole lot more fun than the crap you are planning on doing with it
Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PeteB
Hi Dadaman,

Firstly, I think what you are doing is great.
For some input, I would suggest a somewhat central location as previously mentioned eg Parramatta so that it is relativly easy to get to for most people, but also not stepping on the anyone elses toes,although maybe being close to another venue (but run on a different night of the week) as you may be able to use their transponder system.
For venues, try looking at community based halls eg Scout halls, I used to be involved with the Scouts and they are ALWAYS under funded and looking for fund raising opportunities, and they have a largeish size hall that is only used one or two nights a week. I'll bet that they would even lay/pickup carpet tiles for you as part of the deal, and you'd get a huge influx of novices as well. (new members, more cash) you might be able to get away without carpet (just for something a bit different) as the flooring is usually well worn wood and would not be as slippery as a polished basketball court surface, and a few scratches will go un-noticed. Most of these halls will be too small, but you might find one that is big enough. If you want to pursue this avenue, I can give you a few contacts and put in a recomendation in your favour.

Good luck!

Pete
Have you ever run a 12th scale car on polished wood or even slightly "worn" wood?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Burgundy the best part of you is still runing down your mums leg.

I bet behind thst person who is ron burgundy is a fat eating tim tam boy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.