Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ENDURO

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

intellect 3000mah stick packs are cheap enough so yeah something like that would do.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

so far my thoughts are.

SAND VIPER control car

Bearings only. No hotups.

3 3300mah control stick packs. 22- dollars per person

one control motor, 17 turn free, you supply brushes

one pair of tyres to be used only. they will be marked and checked on the day.

Any servo, speedy and reciever.

Build kit on the day,

6 hour race.

each person must do 2 hours each,

If your car is broken, you can repair it, if you have spare parts, you can use them.

If your motor is Destroyed or will not run anymore, you can purchase another motor.

Personal transponders are a must.

anyone caught cheeting will have to skull lots of beers after the race. and may get paid out for being a cheet.

No tyre addative lol.

Last edited by Painy; 04-11-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If anyone remembers the Nationals that were run in Melbourne at the old woodchop arena at the Melbourne Showgrounds......as part of the show we ran a 2 hour enduro using Kyosho Ultimas that we had to build at the track from scratch........batteries , electrics were open.......motor was the kit supplied unit......marshalling was rotated between the non-driving team members......geez , it was fun

Cheers

Shane
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

*edit*

Last edited by nitro dave; 04-11-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

The sand viper comes with a electonic speed control and 540 motor, we could use that as our control motr and speedy, but then the cars would be a little slower.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

dude, u know im in, i love enduros

control car, if we can get the people to commit would be unreal, we could even go as far as making a control gear ratio to save the motors etc, 5 hours is unreal, i cant wait, perhaps even tamiya might want to help out, we could run this enduro as a trial, and then make a full series out of it later on, that way people won't think that they're only going to get to use the car once and its useless after that, but as u say, its so cheap to buy anyway. i also recommend its kit tyres, and no tyre change through the race, the race tyres are marked and thats what stays on the car all day

couple of quick questions, can the gator take side by side packs, or do they have to be sticks? are st ives willing to run the event, can i pull the trigger til it snaps? whats the max number of teams allowed in the 5 hour enduro, what about the poor people who don't make it in the qualifying do for the rest of the day? can we have safety car periods?, can i drive the safety car? can i think of other cool stuff to throw into the race to make it more interesting?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

damn, replies came in while i was typing, i dont think 3 packs is enough, they wont cope with the number of charges, perhaps packs open, everyone has 4200's, i'd say that would be the easiest, and yeah u could go with the standard esc and motor, it would come with a pinion, so that would fix the gear ratio too
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

the stick packs will be part of the entry fee, about 40 bux per person.

If they dont want to run it, then someone will, even if its trever or someone like that.

I dont think the St'ives club will miond the event being held there.

I am thinking about 10 teams max, thats 30 people.

Qualafies is just to setup the grid, and to get a run in with the car first, and to change setup if you want.
No one will miss out on racing, because of the 10 team limit.

If we get a huge amount of teams, then we may have to to A and B Fianl, with the B final being 2 hours and the A being 4 hours.

yes only one pair of tyres for the whole day.

Saftey car, yeah we could do something random like that at every hour, just to make things interesting. you can drive it mikey, use the XX4 would be cool watching a string of Sand Vipers do 2 slow laps in a tight row.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NOFX
damn, replies came in while i was typing, i dont think 3 packs is enough, they wont cope with the number of charges, perhaps packs open, everyone has 4200's, i'd say that would be the easiest, and yeah u could go with the standard esc and motor, it would come with a pinion, so that would fix the gear ratio too
Not manny people will want to make there good 4200 race packs into stick packs though.

the kit motor would be slow, but it would provide closer racing and you could use the standard speedy.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Unhappy

When I raced in the TT01 enduro down here... it was as per kit cars, so we ran the 540 motor and the 101BK speedy... was a blast. servo/radio was open

As we had to build the cars on the day, when you finished, that was your starting grid, but it was total kit stock, was a great day. Only allowed to use the tools listed in the manual etc.

They did 2hour build time, start in the order you finished building, if you didnt finish in time, you had to stop, then finish the build once the race started.

Id say make packs open, as long as they are >3700 stick packs, everyone has some floating around somewhere, might as well get some use.... if you are going to use a 540 I dont see huge points in control packs, but thats just me...

If only I was closer to Sydney and could drag a team up, id be in it!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

three packs would be plenty, if we used the standard pinion motor and speedy.

time between charges. packs are strong you can just keep recharging them.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

ok well open packs it is, its up to you to make your packs fit inside the car.

KIT MOTR AND SPEEDY ALSO.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Like you painy, I don't see myself making stick packs out of my race packs but i have a pile of 3300's and 3600s just sitting on the bench, I figure everyone else does too... open packs good, wanna put a mah limit on them? less than 3800 or something ?

I should shut up hey, I prolly wont even be there....
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

no, don't shut up, more suggestions needed!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by puddle
Like you painy, I don't see myself making stick packs out of my race packs but i have a pile of 3300's and 3600s just sitting on the bench, I figure everyone else does too... open packs good, wanna put a mah limit on them? less than 3800 or something ?

I should shut up hey, I prolly wont even be there....
Just open MAH NO LIPO, i myself dont have any old packs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.