Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing in Cairns

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mischief
Whilst no one here in Cairns is really sure what Daryl plans to do in the future we all hope that he continues to race once a new venue is found . The big issue facing the racing scene is finding a track , if you know anyone with land they don't use -- we can make use of it . It's a good thing there's an on road track even if it's the costly way to have funn .
Whilst we all hope Daryl stays racing and recognise the need to find a suitable venue for racing. You first need to retain your members.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RClifer
Whilst we all hope Daryl stays racing and recognise the need to find a suitable venue for racing. You first need to retain your members.
I couldn't agree with you more , it would appear that there is a core group of devoted racers who are prepared to look at every option that is put their way ( with-in reason ) and from the sounds of things there's a number of nitro off-roaders who'd like to be able to get into an organized race senerio . Let's just hope that the costs involved with any new area found aren't beyond whatever budget the club is working to , I personally think if it's going to cost more to race than it has in the past ( which it definately will ) we either pay it or take up knitting .
Old 06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I would try to help out if i could but living up in Atherton makes thing a little bit limited guys, anyone having any luck with a location?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

Hi Guys, I will be relocating to FNQ in the next 3 months from Victoria and would like to continue racing and rock crawling.I have heard their is great turmoil in the club in Cairns. Can this be confirmed? I don't want to be part of a club that is plagued with in fighting and personality clashes,this is the word getting around down here. I would rather join a happy club even if I have to travel to compete and have fun,thats what RC Cars are all about.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

There has been problems in the Cairns club for a long time, i left many years ago and there was tension there then with several members, was a very competitive atmosphere and it wasnt so fun at the time... its been a long time though and im sure things are different now.

Has anyone out there got a location they drive there off road cars? I prefer track driving and havent even used my off road cars since there isnt a track in Cairns at this time, do you guys go anywhere to drive?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey stick46man,

What club does everyone get on at?

I moved up here at the start of the year and got back into racing after a 2 year break, i'm not sure about off-road but i know on-road is a great friendly place. Its one of the most organised clubs i've been involved in. The club keeps you informed about everything (not many do that) Just wish there was more competition in electric, at least i'm giving everyone something to chase But its still good fun racing there
Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the prompt replies, an old friend from a car restoration club in Sth Oz told me an ex member of his club was now the secretary and this guy wants to take over the running of the Cairns club. In my experience any club should be run by a committee elected by the members and should run the club as to please the members.A club should not be run as a dictatorship.

I've spoken to some fellow racers from the Knox club and they tell me I should join the new club in Townsville. How long does it take to drive from Cairns to Townsville and can any one give me a contact for this club? I believe they have a new track specially built for 1/8th nitros.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Its about a 3-4 hour drive from Cairns to townsville so that option is a very expensive one, they have 2 tracks and yes they are both tip top.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Rookie

I find it strange that someone should suggest that the Townsville clubs are in good shape as the old track is small and apparently run down and the new track lacks facilities and power ( so I've been told) but considering they are the only off road tracks available in the far north they're way better than nothing at all . The on road club in Cairns must have really lifted their game over the last year or so as I attended a couple of their meetings whilst trying to decide what sort off racing I wanted to get into and from what I saw I bought an off road . They started nearly an hour late and were constantly holding up the race starts for drivers who weren't organized and I got the impression no-one gave a damn about smashing up other drivers cars .I hope rumors that the club is in turmoil are not true as I've spent a fair bit of money to build a top truck and hope to be racing it sooner or later .
Old 06-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking townsville.

the smaller track in townsville was designed for electrics,although we have been running 1/10 nitro trucks and 1/8 buggies,truggies and monsters.1st season is over and the track is getting some maintainance before we start the next season.the track had a major revision before this season and is a work in progress getting it back to tip top shape.the club is also on the hunt for new land to try and get onroad and offroad at the same place.

the bigger track is mainly a 1/8 nitro track and is only new ,im not sure what the go is for power but the track is a well built track and has a covered drivers stand etc.as with any new facility,things take time.

as for cairns,i hope they can find some land as going up there for intercitys was good fun.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for clearing up the mis-info on the Townsville scene sounds like the clubs down there have got their stuff together , might need to consider taking a drive down to check it out where can a fella find some info on when and where etc ??
Old 06-14-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Talking racing

the townsville clubs www.tmorc.org.au and on there there is also a link the the thread on rctech

on rctech you will also find a thread for the twin cities scale auto club which is the second track.im pretty sure at the end of the month they are holding the monster truck and truggy qld titles
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The twin cities has power on race day via a generator, they are also putting up more undercover pits, as Dallas stated the truggy and truck state titles will be held here in the North starting around the 28th (dont quote me on exact date. And yes we have it going on in the Ville, come on up and race in the sun........ except on reaod as it always seems to rain on wed night...not sure why!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Why has this forum page become all about the Townsville scene-- and why such a negative spin from the likes of "stick46man" ? Alright things here aren't perfect we've lost our off-road track but the on-road is going strong and the club is planning a demo at the up-coming monster truck show to try and attract more interest and members , does'nt really sound like a club in turmoil does it ?? Yes there is disagreement in the club as to how it should be run and who should be running it but then that's part of a healthy democratic process not a dictatorship --I can't imagine what sort of fool would want to try and run a club without the support of the majority of the members !!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Talking diisplays

displays are fun to do and the crowd love them.
school fetes are also good,kids just cant get enough of rc cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.