Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
What are the hot electrics at your Club?? >

What are the hot electrics at your Club??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the hot electrics at your Club??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

With all the interest in the Yokomo's I can tell you that at my local track(which just happens to be in Adelaide) they are damn quick. Other cars that show up in the A's are pro10's , Yokomos ands TC3's. I just got my EVO3 so cant tell how it compares to the rest but the Yok's can only be caught by the TC3's at the moment(but then again its probaly a lot to do with the driver and setup). Just posting to say that Yok's dont get enough credit in Oz.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whatever brand is popular in one area will often seem to be the car to have. Yokomo is well supported in Adelaide, being the home of Hobbyworks (Yokomo importers), so this always helps.
I don't know if there are many hobby shops outside S.A. who really get behind Yokomo cars, but with so many good cars about nowadays, it isn't a big surprise. There are only a limited number of cars sold in Oz, and when you split the pie up so many ways, some brands will be scarce, regardless of merit.
I have run 3 different Yokomo touring cars over the last 4-5 years, and never had any trouble getting parts and options ordered in at my LHS without having to wait long. The importers seem to do a good job of keeping parts in stock.
Any shop which stocks Frewer should be able to get Yokomo stuff in (same importer).
Keith M.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default car to drive in fort wayne

tc3's and xrays