Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bearings

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks goodez that helped alot actually yeah i could see that small C clip but i didnt want to take it off incase i bent it and couldnt get it back on but maybe i will have a look in there some day
Old 03-19-2003, 10:34 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ooj
I think ill have to have a look at the prices for the tamiay blue rubber sealed ones now. The smallparts site quoted me $110 for a full bearing upgrade (excluding the steering bearings and diff thrust bearing). the following bearings are needed. Are they wierd sizes? Anyone know approximately where to get these and how much or do all tamiya bearings cost $3-4 each as jono said?

4* 15mm outer, 10mm inner, 4mm high
2* 12mm outer, 8mm inner, 3.5mm high
1* 12mm outer, 6mm inner, 4mm high
8* 11mm outer, 5mm inner, 4mm high
No, its usually only the common 1150 size that are $4 each, the rest are usually dearer. Some of the larger sizes are sold 2 or 3pcs to a Tamiya-labelled packet. Ask your LHS.

You can also buy sealed bearings from other places, try Boca Bearings etc etc if you don't mind the importing.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Metro Hobbies in Melbourne should stock most of the common sizes, but i am not sure on this.

Ph: 98901144