Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback about towerhobbies.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Feedback about towerhobbies.com

Has anyone in Sydney Australia or else where in Australia purchased anything from Towerhobbies.com ? ? ?

I've just ordered a HPI RS4 3 type SS kit with them.

They only have 2 kinds of shipping, a surface and an air shipping.

I choose the air method.

But I was just wondering, is there a tracking number when purchase goods with towerhobbies? ? ?

If you have purchased from towerhobbies before, can u tell me about ur experience the speed of shipping and the status of the package when u received the kit.

Btw, the HPI RS4 type ss kit costed US$269.99.
surface shipping was about US$35
air shipping was about US$53

What did u order from them and how much was the shpping ? ?

Thanks for the feedback or advice ! !
Old 03-12-2003, 01:35 AM
adz
Tech Regular

Phone them.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Phone them and ask for EMS shipping, takes 3-5 days, insured and you can track your parcel online.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if you want it in a hurry, call them but if your not too fussed (i never am) when i order say on a thursday i will get it in my hand the following tuesday - thats selecting air. very reliable, i have ordered over a dozen time from them and never had a screw up. but to get value, you have to order alot, it makes it worth while with the amount you pay toards postage.

But in general, excellent service from them.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Babexx,

I actually ordered an HPI Type SS from Towerhobbies and It took about two weeks to get here because of the bulk. I actually had to pick it up from the post office and pay my $100 customs/tax fee...

i have ordered around $3000 AUD from them so far and not one of them toook more than two weeks. Regular items take aroun 7 to 10 days, but bulkier items take longer as they hold it customs for a couple of days... but i never got a dud item from towerhobbies... always a great source if you can't find anything you want in your local hobby shop...

Check out www.ozryderz.com I did a review on the Type SS...
Old 03-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

one thing i can say is never use the surface option!!! i have been waiting 6 weeks for my parts to arrive ! i ordered some more stuff from them this week and choosed air... so hopefully that wont take so long hehe. EMS kicks arse but tower dont seem to offer it. i bought a servo from HK and it took 2 days to get here
Old 03-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Initiate

ditto to the surface thing... been waiting a month... all my air stuff came in about 10 days
Old 03-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Generally if I get something shipped by post instead of u.p.s. it takes just over 2 weeks to land.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sleek the elite
Generally if I get something shipped by post instead of u.p.s. it takes just over 2 weeks to land.
ARE U SERIOUS? shit man i bet my stuff has been lost... yew... there goes 150 bucks
Old 03-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

no, not lost, call them to trace it and if anything they will send out a new package for you.

This happened to a freind of mine but his package was lost for 2 months before he got the parts sent again.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have ordered lots of stuff from Tower Hobbies and they only stuffed up once, they sent my order to PNG. When it finally got to me it was only half the stuff I had ordered and paid for. They were very helpful though and sent all the items they hadn't sent me without any questions. I always use air, I remember a guy ordered a charger (just a charger) and it took about 6-8 weeks by surface...

mitch179
If your order hasn't arrived yet send them an email with your customer number, they'll say hold on for a certain number of days. If it doesnt arrive by that time they'll might send everything again without charge. I think everything they send out is insured.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

phew, im a poor bastard so i cant afford to lose those parts hehe.. another comment about tower is that there site kicks some serious arse... most items have pics and good descriptions. its easily the best e-commerce hobby store i have seen.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

How often do you have to pay customs on OS purchases?

And how is the customs fee worked out on the puchase price? Like what percentage
Old 03-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You only pay customs if the gst and other tax on the item is over $50. Some RC stuff is taxed at 5% but most is not taxed any other than just GST.

So you can order up to $500 australian and customs wont charge GST.

I have had a 3 orders over 500 AUD and only one of them attracted GST. I spoke to the people and customs and they said they dont claim unless the goods are over 500 AUD.

I find tower to be very good. I have made close to 30 orders (I order alot of stuff for others at the track.) and they have never stuffed up. The only problem was my falt when i selected surface mail and it took 10 weeks to get here.

I dont even think twice about ordering from them. My latest was a Nitro TC3 came in at 483 AUD including the postage costs. I ordered it on the monday and it was here that friday.

To buy it at the LHS they had $750. There are savings to be made.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

I am just waiting for someone to post somthing about "Supporting the Local Market" LOLLOLOLOL.

Coxy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.