Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Champs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well done to all racers today, some very clean racing, and some very close qualifying times. The only scrutineering issues we had were with weight, about thirty people were under weight, one guy was dqd for being under weight all three heats. Some people never learn!!!!

It was great to be able to watch the finals, especially the champ, but also Cookie, abbott, Ari, and Campbell. All were awesome.

Campbell never stops to amaze me, every time i had seen his car on the track with rubbers it was a pig, but come race day he seems to be able to draw speed from somewhere and come through.

BTW Dazza how many Xray jumpers were ruined while gluing tires this weekend????? Also where is the next big rubber meet, first hoppers crossing, now, whats next?

Well done to the oldfart in stock, good to see some of the stock masters shown up.

I had a great time racing the noisy tourer, although i wish i had put on smaller tires as i was monging it off the track every couple of laps. Also had fun today, a big thankyou to all the drivers who co-operated in the finals for the clean driving and making way for the race leaders, i dont think any finals were affected by backmarkers.

Also i dont think we can thank steve and his family enough for all the effort they put into getting the track and facilities ready for the three days, and for that matter every race meet. Looking forward to seeing you have a run soon steve with your own coffee grinder (aka TC3).
Old 06-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

It's Picture time!

Some pics from todays 2003 Racing Lines - Winter Nats .

out with the old!!!!!! C4.1

not an Assassin, but worthy of a photo, Surikarn's Evo3

and done!
Old 06-29-2003, 05:08 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Yes it was a great meet, although i think my table sunk around a centimeter but anyway! lol

The racing was great, nice and clean. I had a few issues today, mainly because my foams were down to the rims, and were chunked to the extreme.

The finals were great! Especialy the A finals. As i was way way way way back in the D final (lol) there was still good racing. I was having an epic battle for around 10 minutes, that was the most fun ive had for a long time!

Anyway, congrats to all racers and the organisers for a great event.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks to Racing Lines

What a FANTASTIC meeting, to have people calling the back markers a they were about to be lapped
To Bersercoe, D.Hill, Chris Peete, Luc Bottom - praise of your job can not go high enough, many people have complained about various issues of a race meeting, and it was great to see some new faces doing the job (Hmmmm THUMBS UP, besides they kept me on my toes)
Congrats to the others drivers of the stock class, I enjoyed racing today and was thankful of the curtious driving during the mains and qualifiers
To meet Sugarcane (OOPS Surikarn) and see his awesome talent was a blow out, especially when I ran in the runner up class, AWESOME !!
To Steve Burgess, what a great meeting, many thanks to you and your family, GREAT JOB for the week end (gotto stop working the women so hard)
I think that I have said enough, Australia be proud.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks to Racing Lines

even though i didn't race, yeah killer event to watch.

i've got a whole stack of mpegs and avi's that i took, surikarn with the mini, 1st final of mods, qualifying avi's etc. if anyone has ftp space i can borrow.... i'll send them to you via cd and express post so you can upload them.

heaps of pics also.

thanks to Mr racing lines David Smith for bringing mr kickbutt down to oz and for letting me bug surikarn hehe

i knew there was another level above the cambell/kousas/walker/(insert quick electric dudes here )etc class.....but i didn't know it was that far up!

1 vote placed for Osaka at moorebank
Old 06-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dragonfire
coxy didn't want to unload the power of a hacker 6t on the champ, so opted to scrutiner instead.

best scrutinering of any meet i have ever been to, maybe thats why i was able to do better than usual. hope to see more of this in oz racing.

whats the chance of this happening in two weeks???? (mecca)
would be awesome to see a few ppl give up a bit of their time to make a better meet
Yeah the best.....he got me twice underweight
Old 06-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

BK, nice pic of Surikarn's Losi Alfa body.
Seemed like the body to have at the creek
Old 06-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I must say congrats pete! awsome, smooth driving two nats in a row...the man is on fire
Old 06-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Top job Fastolfart on your stock win, i watched a couple of your races and your driving was impressive. First thing i told my Dad when i got home was that you won stock! you might have inspired him to race again!

Scruitneering was great, came at cost thought , regualar racer like Coxy and Besercoe + others did not get to race maybe we should have a roster for the scruitneering postion!

Burgo again provided us with a great meeting, maybe one day Steve will get to have a race on his own track! lol

Surikarn was very good, great to see in action, i was most impressed with Abbot, he car was very well setup and his driving was also very good.

too sum it up.... i just want my Assassin i'll show them how it's done! LOL

MECA TWO WEEKS!!!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

We only had a few people complaining about the scales on the weekend. It was calibrated two days before the event and we had weights to check it throughout the day. We checked it with a certified weight every two to three races and the scales didn’t move at all throughout the day.
We can’t help it if your weights or parts fall off in the race, it’s up to people to make sure it stays on. That’s what happened to Karn, his Dad checked it right before the race but when it came back in it was underweight by 25 grams, it was a hard thing to do to the world champ but that’s the rules. Also people must remember if you want to run right on the limit you must consider tire wear for foams. Why not just run an extra 15 to 20 grams over and be safe.

We had one car that failed to tech box on width, bad choice in off set wheels. And one wing that was higher than the roof line.

A heap of motors were pulled down and checked, it was good to see no body was rejected on this all day. We did have a lot of motors that were rejected before the racing started but it was good to see people were checking if they thought it had a question mark on it. Sorry to all those people that were running RC Lab’s on the day but we could not see the motors properly and had to remove them just about every time.

Overall it sure did make the racing very close in stock and no-one was blowing people away down the straight.

Three people jumped in only one heat (Stock third A final) and had to take one lap of each of them. It sure does clean up the driving when people are watching you, unfortunately we can’t see all that happens but we gave a few warnings in the finals and am pleased we didn’t have to use the penalty box. All in all the finals were great to watch.

By the way for those who didn’t pick up on who is Eagle eye. Yes it’s me Coxy, only using this profile for official business for the Winter Champs. Now Eagle eye will retire for now you will see Coxy post again LOL

Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-29-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it was a great meeting all round... it was good to see some proper scrutineering and as is now expected i guess, steve put on a great show.

for the record darren campbells 2nd place mod acceptance speech was one of the best oratories ive heard uttered on such an occasion... something there for us all - "work harder" and perhaps not just with racing?

that meeting showed what happens when the game is lifted... and appart from a late start - due in no way to the organisation, it went very smoothly and hopefully Surikarn will carry good reports of racing in aust overseas

for me... i would have prefered the heavens had opened up after the first round - when i was happly sitting in 9th spot! rather than the back of the D at the end of the day!
Old 06-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like a great meeting guys...excellent work on the stringent scruitineering..this is one area I feel has been lacking in the past...I hope this level continues in the future,,,but it is always difficult to find people willing to give up their weekend. (Kudos to all concerned)

So what was the margin after the qualifiers between S.C and 2nd place?..

what tires seemed to hook up the best on the track surface there?..

also well done to Fastolfart on his stock win, and D.C for his 2nd place in Mod...he seemed to turn things around by race day and get his car hooked up...he seems to have a knack with that car setup thing.. =0

so what is all the goss from the weekend...keep it coming guys...(after all it is monday morning...and Im a little seedy after last nights triumph for WilliamsF1!!!

Pics and Vids B.K!!!...
Old 06-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Yes well not too impressed with the F1's last night, my man didn't win with his horse.

The Ass car's seem to go around well but didn't like the sounds coming from them. Sounds like a bearing is about to explode coming out of corners. Time will tell if this becomes a problem.

1/12 was just amazing on Saturday night. I think we need to move this to the main event day. Just loving the 12 scene right now and is growing all the time.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what was the final placings for nitro open? i know surikarn won, but by how many laps?
Old 06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

im pretty sure 2nd place was 9 laps behind and last was about 20...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.