Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which car???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The GV will do you until you decide if racing's for you. If you have the car already bring it down and give it a try. If you decide you like the racing scene you can always upgrade later.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm i might just do that. My radios frequency is on 75mhz. Am i right in presuming they wont let me use that at i will have to get a new transmitter and reciever, if i want to race?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm not sure of the club rules but I will say that using a 75MHz transmitter anywhere in Australia is illegal.

Come down and ask. They can only say no.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best car to get is the Kyosho Evo WC Kit
Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default THE BEST CARS

I would have to agree with s.nicholson on that one the Kyosho RRR EVO WE
is the best pro car out there for a pull start car the V ONE SIII would take it hands down they are very competitive out the box and have complete RRR suspension and RRR parts fit Hop up can be genuien or # racing/KM racing
witha kyosho you could do anything
Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok guys i think i have decided on the ntc3 as i will be racing in the stock classes, what do you all think??
Old 01-31-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm im confused im thinking of getting a mtx-3 prospec now..........
Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Head along to the club (they race this Sunday i think!) and talk to a few guys, there are plenty of guys there that will be able to help answer any questions you have.

Once you've seen what people are running and what they suggest, then decide which car you'll spend the cash on.

Thats the way i'd do it anyhow......
Old 01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Everyone is going to tell you that their car is best.

Look at the local results and see what is competitive. Mugen and Kyosho seem to the flavour at the moment in most clubs.
There are other brands around which are good, besides the big 3, Mugen Serpent, kyosho. Team Magic for example.

Serpent 720 does have some issues with changing track conditions, apparently, an upgarde kit is already available. In a stock class, these issues may not arise.
Shaft driven cars are excellent is stock classes, but, do not have the ability to change drive ratio to the front wheels, in open class, this is sometimes required.

If your budget is between $600-900, you will probably go with the works(RTR) deal. It all depends on you, and how long before you are willing to go into open class. Considering that most cars have only a 2-3 year life span before a new model comes out, your may be outdated when you're ready to upgrade.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There is only Two world camp cars Mugen And Kyosho find out a your local track what are the Majority of your fellow racers use and go with that than if you have trouble you can allways hit them up for tips and the best setup for that track and if u break some thing at the track they might have spares that they could sell ya
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default which car

not trying to say tc3's aren't a good car but if you don't want it to cost the world get a kyosho v one sIII they have a lot more potential than the tc3 and around 80% of the rrr part will fit so u could hop it up as far as you want
and they have heap better speed and punch with the kit motor and pipe than the tc3

hope that helps
Old 02-01-2007, 01:14 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd get a Kyosho VoneSIII if i was in your position. Recently made up 12 or 13 cars of the 16 car field at the Victorian State Titles in the pullstart (VORTEC stock and pro-stock classes combined). The only other cars were a couple of Kyosho FW-05s of various designations, and a lonesome Kyosho VoneS2. I think there was one NTC3 too

RRR's and MTX's in Pro Tourer mostly.

That pretty much sums up the entire of the on-road cars used in Vic at the moment!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I Would personally go with the VoneS III or even a Vone S II , That way you can run 1 of 2 Classes at either Club level or VORTEC Level ( if you wanna go that way ) Stock and Pro Stock ... At SERCCC they have a strong presence in either Class ..
As far as Pro Tourering I would go with the RRR but then that comes down to Persnonal Choice but if you are not an experienced Racer , I would 'cut my teeth' with a Stock / Pro Stock level Car to start with ..Just my Opinion ..

Cheers
Skip