Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
NRCCRCC New Track Equipment & Easter Cup >

NRCCRCC New Track Equipment & Easter Cup

NRCCRCC New Track Equipment & Easter Cup

Old 03-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up NRCCRCC New Track Equipment & Easter Cup

Hello all,
I guess its been a while since you have heard from the Northside Team. Reason being is we have really worked pretty hard and thanks to the efforts of Tony & Frank especially for improving our club.

Our major project currently has been the rebuilding of our Track Layout & Equipment From what I've seen, I was shocked in all the amount of Track equipment we have made.

However this means really good news for everyone that attends our meets in the future. I can say that our track in the future will be very detailed as a race track and hopefully surprises everyone when u guys attend our meets in a positive way off course.

We are trying to get our track completed by 22/03/03 which is the Easter Cup. Hopefully that will be the case. Easter Cup is on a Saturday and is a twilight meet which will commence at 3pm.

So hope to see you all there. Also our 1st Enduro meet of the year will be the week after that on the 30/03/2003 at 10am.

Pictures will be taken on the new track once it has been completed

Gabes

Last edited by gabe; 03-09-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you guys still insist on rubbers?
Old 03-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Do you guys still insist on rubbers?
i hope so i like running rubber tires at Northside! i do believe at that track they are faster.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Rubbers it is..

That rule will never change at Northside..

In my opinion and this is only my opinion.. I like racing rc cars cause its the next real thing in racing a real car. For me i dont think theres any real cars that run Foams.. I dont think during the weekend at the F1 in melbourne ran foams., I would like this sport to be as close to the next real thing. I guess alot of things wont be as well as there both different .. but i guess thats just my opinion.

Gabes
Old 03-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by gabe
Rubbers it is..

That rule will never change at Northside..

In my opinion and this is only my opinion.. I like racing rc cars cause its the next real thing in racing a real car. For me i dont think theres any real cars that run Foams.. I dont think during the weekend at the F1 in melbourne ran foams., I would like this sport to be as close to the next real thing. I guess alot of things wont be as well as there both different .. but i guess thats just my opinion.

Gabes
LOL i love how people try and directly compare RC to full scale, virtually nothing in RC is the same as full scale.

If as BK suggests rubbers are faster, then there is no need to dictate use of rubber

BK you just want to use up your supply of those wonderful takeoffs
Old 03-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

i think the real cars on the weekend used petrol engines too...
Old 03-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Were they two stroke hand modified 3 ports?
Old 03-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

As i said boys dont take it to heart :

I guess alot of things wont be as well as there both different .. but i guess thats just my opinion.
gabes
Old 03-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

All sounds good Gabe, i'll certainly be finding time to take part in your clubs Easter Cup, sounds like it will be a great event espec with the track improvments.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Cool BK, for all the hardwork we've put in especially Tony & Frank, I hope u guys like it..Im sure you guys will .. Theres like nearly 100 pieces of track equipment, so the track is in great detailed. Since its in such great detailed, it will take twice as long to set up the track i think.. But hey i guess its all worth it.

Gabes

Last edited by gabe; 03-09-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone who dosen't have issues with rubber should be at the easter cup. Its good practice for the venom cup which is about the only comp in oz that has prizes (not dust collectors) for the victors!

And I have tried both rubber and foam at northside and rubber IS better.. especially cornerspeed.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:47 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

yeah the rubber works well at northside, in stock you can hook up well on sorex 40s(thats daytime)

the easter cup sounds good but the enduro is the king. you get an hour of track time(each) and it realy improves your skillz
Old 03-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

On this rubber thing,
If you wanna be in the hunt at Nth side, you need Sorex 36r or 32r in the evening. Sorex B firm inserts for tech lay out, A med if sweepy. Thats all I'm gonna give you guys.

Better go see Supa Pube Stu lads at
Southern Cross Hobbies.

BTW, Gabes, can you run brushless motors at Nth side?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Besercoe
LOL i love how people try and directly compare RC to full scale, virtually nothing in RC is the same as full scale.

i always thought that rc nitro cars looked a little like f1 cars, there definatly is a few comparisons.

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 03-10-2003 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tabmow69

Better go see Supa Pube Stu lads at
Southern Cross Hobbies.
LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.